The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Duncan (and Bavidge) must be enthused at on loan wingers being subbed on ahead of them after arriving at the club 5 mins ago.

Will be interested to see what kind of job Goodwin gets next after the steaming pile of dung he has left behind here.

19 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Duncan (and Bavidge) must be enthused at on loan wingers being subbed on ahead of them after arriving at the club 5 mins ago.

Will be interested to see what kind of job Goodwin gets next after the steaming pile of dung he has left behind here.

Completely agree with this......do we have no decent youngsters coming through?  Why do we insist upon signing players who cannot get a game for their clubs in League 1 and 2 in England.  These guys will play a handful of games for the Dons then never be heard of again.

Cant blame Goodwin for the three guys making their debuts last night.  An amateur manager would be ridiculed for playing two centre backs that have possibly not even trained with the club  (potentially no one from the club ever seen them play live) If there are no decent youngsters ready to be promoited then what is wrong with scouting some of the Scottish teams rather than continually reaching out to England for duds to fill the squad.

The club seems to be in a total mess under Cormack....it has lost its identity and big changes are required.  Imagine Fergie signing players that he had not seen play then putting three of them into the side in an important league match - the Dons of yesteryear would have arranged a friendly with a Highland League team or Junior team just to blood these guys and see how they may fit in.

i was angry after the Celtic game having paid £33 to watch my team sit on the 18 yard line and last night my disatisfaction is not from seeing my team lose to a half decent St Mirren team but to witness the club pretty much admit that they cannot produce decent reserve players and that they dont really have a signing policy other than get players no one has heard of or seen play and hope for the best.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I get a feeling appointing him could be a disaster.  
He has a reputation for falling out with people, & would he & Cornsck not be oil & water?

He also has a rep for being very defensive minded.

I’m not convinced by this. 
I suspect his wage demands will be too high anyway. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I get a feeling appointing him could be a disaster.  
He has a reputation for falling out with people, & would he & Cornsck not be oil & water?

He also has a rep for being very defensive minded.

I’m not convinced by this. 
I suspect his wage demands will be too high anyway. 

We've a Polish kid in our team. His old man said he was delighted the day this guy left Legia!

5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s definitely an out the box as appointments go. Like we are looking further a field than the usual jobbers but think we need to still be looking  

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s back to just not being very much fun anymore. 

We can bemoan injustices and bad luck from last night with the red card but we got ourselves into this pattern last season, where we just seemed to find new ways to lose every week. 

The team showed at least a bit of character last night but it’s just another game and another 3 points gone. 

you can 

Spoiler

you can't 

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

We've a Polish kid in our team. His old man said he was delighted the day this guy left Legia!

And the Polish nation were apparently delighted he left the national team job.

Saw them once at the World Cup.

It made our approach against Celtic seem like Brazil 1970.

I’m hoping it’s not going to come to anything. 

8 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Completely agree with this......do we have no decent youngsters coming through?  Why do we insist upon signing players who cannot get a game for their clubs in League 1 and 2 in England.  These guys will play a handful of games for the Dons then never be heard of again.

Cant blame Goodwin for the three guys making their debuts last night.  An amateur manager would be ridiculed for playing two centre backs that have possibly not even trained with the club  (potentially no one from the club ever seen them play live) If there are no decent youngsters ready to be promoited then what is wrong with scouting some of the Scottish teams rather than continually reaching out to England for duds to fill the squad.

The club seems to be in a total mess under Cormack....it has lost its identity and big changes are required.  Imagine Fergie 

Kevin Hart GIF by PeacockTV