The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Leith Green said:

On the basis that we wont have any strikers, and both CHs may be away, I would place decent money on the only goals being in favour of Aberdeen.

Be an enjoyable weekend for you then.

I am going to Easter Road and fully expect Hibs to win for numerous reasons, but it is so predictable that the away end will be mutinous as soon as we go behind. I genuinely feel for Goodwin that he will be on the receiving end of that. He seems like a likeable and decent person. 

15 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

“We all recognise that Monday’s disastrous result in the Scottish Cup was totally unacceptable. It added insult to injury after such a poor result against Hearts, following what was a strong performance in the semi-final against Rangers at Hampden.

“The football monitoring board, comprising Stewart Milne, Willie Garner, Steven Gunn and me, have now had a full and frank meeting with Jim. It wasn’t an easy conversation, but necessary after the overall poor results since the World Cup break.

“From our wider discussions over the last two days, we believe that the senior players and the squad are behind the manager. Combined with our discussions at today’s meeting, Jim will be in the dug-out on Saturday. However, to be clear, Jim has been left in no doubt that the Board and the fans are seeking an immediate response from him and the players.”

Confirms Cormack as a clueless fuckwit who doesn't understand football. Fucking shameful statement.

7 minutes ago, RedMarauder said:

Gone is he, aye? LOL

Totally deserve that, but I did reverse park before the announcement came oot - let’s be clear this is shambolic, players leaking he’s been sacked, decision made, Milne and the fuckin Football Monitoring Committee give him one last chunce. Gets beat on Seterday, he’s sacked, wins but gets beat St Mirren? It’s a shitshow

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs v Aberdeen potentially the first game ever where every goal scored is only cheered by opposition fans.

No matter what’s going on, I always want my team to win. I know that this is stretching the realms of possibility, but how funny would it be if we beat Hibs? I know, I know.

20 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

The simple answer for fans is to either back Goodwin in numbers or vote with their feet. I'm in the luxurious position of living in Inverness so voting with my feet is very easy.

Here's me thinking you were in Bucksburn.

I’m genuinely in a bit of a state of disbelief at this. 

I’m looking from every angle and none of this makes sense as a decision, as a statement. It’s not fair on Goodwin, it prolongs the inevitable. It probably fucks any ambitions in this transfer window. 

It’s an absolutely disgraceful decision and statement and I just can’t believe it. 

2 minutes ago, 72redz said:

Totally deserve that, but I did reverse park before the announcement came oot - let’s be clear this is shambolic, players leaking he’s been sacked, decision made, Milne and the fuckin Football Monitoring Committee give him one last chunce. Gets beat on Seterday, he’s sacked, wins but gets beat St Mirren? It’s a shitshow

The shambles is people believing “leaks” until the facts are confirmed. I fully believe that he should be gone, but he can’t say that he hasn’t been given every chance to save his job.