The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

I bet you can't wait for the 80s technology to hit Kilmarnock. Just imagine!

Confused by this comment. Did you not see all the Darvel players holding mobile phones and making videos of their celebrations after beating Aberdeen 1-0 the other night.

If they’ve got the technology in Darvel you can be sure we’ve got it in Kilmarnock.

9 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I have been actively following The Dons since the late 70s and am trying to remember feeling this low about the team. 

I know I felt gutted after losing the league cup replay to Utd in 79 as we had beaten both of the Old Firm en route and was sure this would be the first trophy I would see us win. (I was too young to fully remember 76).

Then when Hamburg put us out of Europe after we had destroyed them in the first leg I remember the ribbing I got at school the next day. 

At least in those days I felt that the team had done their best and we still went into a season expecting to win something and regularly beat Glasgows finest home and away.

I was overseas when Stenny beat us but we had beaten Rangers the previous week so felt that was just a freak result. 

Watching the game on Monday night was embarrassing, the team was second best in nearly every department on the pitch. No one seemed to be showing any leadership.

Every player should hang their heads low and be made to apologise to the fans for such a performance. 

My feelings, too.

60 years I've followed the Dons, never expected too much, as it was 7 years since they had won anything when I started supporting them. Cup win in 1970 after the defeat 3 years earlier, should have won the league the following season (home form let us down, as opposed to this season's away form), then the League Cup win in 1976, followed by the glorious 80s and then basically shite for the last 28 years, feel sorry for anybody who started following them in the late 90s.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Find it pretty incredible in this day and age that Aberdeen have sacked their manager but haven’t announced it via social media or a statement. What generation is the club living in? The 80s perhaps? 

Maybe they’ve faxed a press release to News Corp or something similar, even sent an old fashioned letter.

Don't give up your day job. Have you got a day job?

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Find it pretty incredible in this day and age that Aberdeen have sacked their manager but haven’t announced it via social media or a statement. What generation is the club living in? The 80s perhaps? 

Maybe they’ve faxed a press release to News Corp or something similar, even sent an old fashioned letter.

At any point did you think what you typed was amusing?

It isn’t.

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I felt much lower about the squad of players this time last year. That team was absolutely shite. 

The personnel is better now, imo. 

Hmmm, this team have just chucked it against a juniors team.

After this national humiliation, I'm going to find it hard to support these lot again.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I bet you can't wait for the 80s technology to hit Kilmarnock. Just imagine!

Wishing it was still 80's technology down this way more like it.

Knowing the world was tuned in, buckled with laughter, at the state of your lot on Monday night.

Just imagine!

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Surely not when they've just been pumped out the cup by a sixth tier side though. 

Depends. Some people react to a crisis by changing things up, others try to keep a level of normality. If it's their day off, it's their day off. Maybe a day to clear the head.

Hearts used to have Wednesdays off for sure, but I think it's been binned a while back.