The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

What do they need to bring exactly? Annan are where they are on merit and are worth their place in the leagues at least as much as any of the three Gretna’s you’ve mentioned.

I'm looking forward to the use of the word "ambition" in his reply.

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What exactly would you wish to see a club like Annan bringing to the leagues? 

Maybe not the right phrase to be fair. They are obviously a well run tidy wee club. Was discussing if Darvel are a better side than Annan and I think they are. 
I don’t particularly agree with the bankrolled teams buying their way up the leagues but the reality is that football is mainly down to money.

The west of Scotland teams with the big supports could definitely generate more interest in the lower leagues, which could lead to better sponsorship etc. I don’t feel things like that relate to Annan. 

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Maybe not the right phrase to be fair. They are obviously a well run tidy wee club. Was discussing if Darvel are a better side than Annan and I think they are. 
I don’t particularly agree with the bankrolled teams buying their way up the leagues but the reality is that football is mainly down to money.

The west of Scotland teams with the big supports could definitely generate more interest in the lower leagues, which could lead to better sponsorship etc. I don’t feel things like that relate to Annan. 

Do you think it's the East Coast that Annan sits two miles from?

18 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I don’t particularly agree with the bankrolled teams buying their way up the leagues

Have Aberdeen not posted £5 million in losses the last couple of seasons whilst signing guys on big wages like Ramirez? 

On 24/01/2023 at 23:10, 1GregStewart said:

By west of Scotland teams I clearly meant old WOS juniors

Really?  You should have said so.

Still clinging to unsupportable rubbish about improved sponsorship if only we  jettisoned sides like Annan?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?  You should have said so.

Still clinging to unsupportable rubbish about improved sponsorship if we only jettisoned sides like Annan?

Nope

Just a general chat about feeling that Darvel are a better team than Annan and that if the big ex juniors get into the leagues with bigger crowds the over all interest in the leagues may rise. 

If the forums are getting to you, take a week off and it may reset your perspective, it’s good for the mind. 
👍

3 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Nope

Just a general chat about feeling that Darvel are a better team than Annan and that if the big ex juniors get into the leagues with bigger crowds the over all interest in the leagues may rise. 

If the forums are getting to you, take a week off and it may reset your perspective, it’s good for the mind. 
👍

I've no problem with your view that currently, Darvel is a better team than Annan.  You're quite possibly right.  You should have left it there.

Instead you made some daft remark about Annan bringing nothing. You've been unable to support it, without citing spurious nonsense.

That's all.

13 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Three minute feature on the main BBC UK 6pm news yesterday - this unfortunately is a permanent stain on our club, and I am not sure many of the squad even realise that.

Caught the tail end of that thinking it was a preview of the BBC Scotland news then up pops Clive fucking Myrie with a little smirk on his face,

National minter material.

11 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Three minute feature on the main BBC UK 6pm news yesterday - this unfortunately is a permanent stain on our club, and I am not sure many of the squad even realise that.

For most kids these days, Aberdeen will now be known as the tinpot club that lost to Darvel and wins nothing but a league cup over their lifetime to date, no better than clubs like Ross County.

They probably have no idea what a Rubik's Cube is, never mind the footballing events from that era.

The one change that will emanate from the Darvel disaster is that, in future, we'll now be drawn away to the likeliest non-league candidates to bloody our noses again having not played a non-league team in the Cup in a thousand years.

On a sidenote, had the Gruesomes had the goal chalked off on Monday they would be screaming conspiracy.

Anyway, it's resulted in the demise of Goodwin and his team so every cloud and all that...

Expect Goodwin to be sacked today as the board meeting yesterday would be late afternoon due to a few from Atlanta. 

Just think Goodwin lost the dressing room after watching the effort of the players, Duk especially was bad. 

Watched RedTV interview when Goodwin couldn't lift his head up to look at the camera says a lot. 

Hibs match could still be toxic with the players after they have embarrassed the club. 

Edited by betting competition