The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

With no obvious successor, or even a realistic one in the top 2 Scottish divisions, the mind boggles at what Cormack might do.  I wouldn't be against a foreign coach, but you can see DC being sweet-talked by the agent of some hopeless candidates (of any nationality)

This would be a much better time to take over than it was in 2021 when Glass got it - better budget, stronger midfield and forwards, crowds are up and if any new coach can organise a back 4 he'll be able to crowd surf his way to the bar in Ma Camerons.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Losing in a final is worse pappa jack,Aberdeen will be lucky to make the top 6 each season if they keep sacking managers IMO.

If you lose in the final you will at least have had the joy of winning the semifinal to secure the Final place, the build up to the final itself and the hopeful optimism of actual day out.

I admit that I was gutted when Rogic scored right at the end of that game especially after having been in lead at one point but I was also immensely proud of how the team had performed that day. 

last night was without a doubt the lowest point that I can remember for the club. What made it worse was that the players didn’t look like they even cared.

13 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I've said before that I think there is a tendency for Dons fans to look back excessively fondly on Ebbe's time because he was a bit of an eccentric. There were highs, there were some pretty awful lows but he brought through some decent youngsters and brought in some decent overseas talent in Guntviet (who I always thought was underrated), Bisconti, Stavrum and Zero. I'd argue the opposite that the Ebbe experiment hasn't put me off going foreign again. 

Back in 2000ish, I met Uncle Ebbe and Dave Cormack (vice chair at the time I think).

After a few isotonic lagers, found out that Aberdeen were brassic/skint/penniless, and the bank had said 'no more!'

We'd just lost David Rowson to Stoke (who were in the third tier, League 1 now) and it was made clear that we couldn't compete financially with them.

Wiggy had to underwrite a share issue, and belts needed tightened.  Uncle Ebbe was philosophical and said that his focus had to be bringing through youth and finding young talent elsewhere.

Dave, didn't show any signs that he was 'championship manger' obsessed in those days, but he seems to have gone the whole nine-yards now.  However shortly after he did resign and head back to the U.S. full time.

I had and still do have a lot of time for Uncle Ebbe.  He was working on a shoestring and if nothing else I got to see a certain Cruyff turn!

Yours, nostalgia's not what it used to be.

aDONis

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Who do you think you're hiring? Nietzsche?

Arthur Schopenhauer would be a better fit for Aberdeen - a dour pessimist who famously scheduled his lectures at the same time as Hegel (so no one showed up - he didn't care about attendances) and who believed that this is the worst of all possible worlds.

Or you could go back to Denmark and hire Kierkegaard, an expert in fear and trembling, repetition, and the concept of anxiety.

4 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Arthur Schopenhauer would be a better fit for Aberdeen - a dour pessimist who famously scheduled his lectures at the same time as Hegel (so no one showed up - he didn't care about attendances) and who believed that this is the worst of all possible worlds.

Or you could go back to Denmark and hire Kierkegaard, an expert in fear and trembling, repetition, and the concept of anxiety.

Both seem like they would be a good fit.

21 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

What made it worse was that the players didn’t look like they even cared.

That’s what would worry me if I was a Dons fan. That was very much a “let’s get the manager the sack” performance. No urgency, fight, getintaethem attitude. Hayes looked the only one that was bothered!

20 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Back in 2000ish, I met Uncle Ebbe and Dave Cormack (vice chair at the time I think).

After a few isotonic lagers, found out that Aberdeen were brassic/skint/penniless, and the bank had said 'no more!'

We'd just lost David Rowson to Stoke (who were in the third tier, League 1 now) and it was made clear that we couldn't compete financially with them.

Wiggy had to underwrite a share issue, and belts needed tightened.  Uncle Ebbe was philosophical and said that his focus had to be bringing through youth and finding young talent elsewhere.

Dave, didn't show any signs that he was 'championship manger' obsessed in those days, but he seems to have gone the whole nine-yards now.  However shortly after he did resign and head back to the U.S. full time.

I had and still do have a lot of time for Uncle Ebbe.  He was working on a shoestring and if nothing else I got to see a certain Cruyff turn!

Yours, nostalgia's not what it used to be.

aDONis

I was actually at his unveiling press conference as a 14yr old on work experience with the Herald and Post.

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Didn’t expect to get to 4pm today with JG still as Manager 

Hopefully Data Dave has a grand plan 

Hope it's better than the one he had when he replaced Glass.

Top tip: Aberdeen fans  Don't go to the bother of writing your own angry diatribe about Jim Goodwin being shit. Save time by copying a Hearts fan's one about Neilson from the Brora game and do a Find/Replace

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Top tip: Aberdeen fans  Don't go to the bother of writing your own angry diatribe about Jim Goodwin being shit. Save time by copying a Hearts fan's one about Neilson from the Brora game and do a Find/Replace

Is there still ‘neilson and budge out’ posters all over Edinburgh? 

47 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Unless they're centre half's I doubt they're of any use.

53 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

So long as it's not another useless Kant. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Both seem like they would be a good fit.

Or you could go for Socrates, Like many managers he knew nothing but at least he knew he knew nothing

And he had 60 caps for Brazil (Citation needed)

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)