The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Personally don't think we'll get 3rd either but the manager shouldn't be coming out at the start of a transfer window saying "yeah Hearts are too far ahead." It's 5 points and we need to go to Tynecastle in a couple of weeks. 

It doesn't send out the right message to the players. Nor potential signings he's trying to get in. Clusterfuck of the highest order. 

He said nothing of the sort. Shit stirring by some fans on here. Get your facts right.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

On that game at Tynecastle, by the way, I've just been on to buy my doddery old uncle a ticket for that one, and Aberdeen are only getting one section of the Roseburn. All the others being sold to home fans.

That’s standard these days.

34 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Some of our fans losing their heads over absolutely nothing as per.

Aye, listened to it.

He’s clearly talking about the set up of the recruitment only.

NOT the 3rd place.

However, I’d still want him gone as he’s not cutting it as Dons boss, & I’m convinced he never will be. 

3 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

If he said what is being rumoured on twitter thwt he said then he should be sacked immediately. Apparently he said Hearts are pretty much out of reach in 3rd place and we won't catch them. Certainly will be the case if you keep putting out shite like the past 3 weeks. 

Sadly he's correct. Hearts at full strength are much better than us.

2 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Aye i'd be binning him. 

Infact i'd have already binned him. 

Won't be long judging by the boos he received on Monday when he came down to clap the Red Shed and South Stand. More will join the list of wanting him out after our defeats at Hampden, Tynecastle and Easter Road this month.

Ah, the joys of social media.

Folk playing judge and jury without making any attempt to validate what was actually said.

I really don’t think there’s that many of us believed that we were anything more than an outside bet for the ‘holy grail’ of 3rd this season anyway.

Even most of our high-scoring home wins had spells in them where it could easily have gone the other way.

There always felt like more chance a good home record could evaporate, rather than our away one suddenly improving. The squad is brutally imbalanced and incapable of basic defending.

It is essentially Groundhog Day from 12 months back - and the seeming decision to stick rather than twist with JG, will likely mean a similar losing run and a short-lived tilt at the Scottish Cup, whilst January slips by with little other than an Adam Montgomery type popping in on deadline day.

8 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Some of our fans losing their heads over absolutely nothing as per.

It’s bad faith stuff like that that emboldens Goodwin to come out with condescending quotes about fans just being impatient and ‘they weren’t complaining when we won a game’ stuff. 

13 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Been saying all along that Aberdeen for third was always a long shot. I think the run of the fixtures combined with Hearts' injuries and fixture congestion got a few Aberdeen fans' hopes up, but you are and always have been the outside bet.

Recent results are pretty much what anyone who was paying attention would have expected to see after the World Cup break, you failing to beat County at home aside. The other four results you had (and we had) were reasonably predictable.

You're not quite out of it yet, but you will be if we beat St Mirren and Aberdeen at Tynecastle, even if we lose in Paisley. I think you'll probably be top 6.

We noticed...

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s bad faith stuff like that that emboldens Goodwin to come out with condescending quotes about fans just being impatient and ‘they weren’t complaining when we won a game’ stuff. 

Agreed. All he implies in that clip is that Hearts have a stronger squad and are more cohesive at present, which is correct.

It’s worth noting that when Neilson was at a similar point in his current spell at Hearts they were stuttering towards the Championship title, had been put out of the cup by Brora and fans were calling for his head. 

Like Goodwin, Neilson inherited a shitshow but has been able to build a good squad over a few windows. Given the scale of the rebuild we’ve had, JG needs more time to supplement the largely good additions he’s made.

13 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It’s worth noting that when Neilson was at a similar point in his current spell at Hearts they were stuttering towards the Championship title, had been put out of the cup by Brora and fans were calling for his head. 

Like Goodwin, Neilson inherited a shitshow but has been able to build a good squad over a few windows. Given the scale of the rebuild we’ve had, JG needs more time to supplement the largely good additions he’s made.

If it was just about personnel then I’d agree. The squad isn’t right yet but if you go back to summer I said myself we can’t reasonably expect to be the finished article. Also worth noting that recruitment is largely done by a separate team, so he can’t take huge credit for that. 

My issue with him is his lack of tactical ability, his lack of in game management, and his stubbornness with players he takes a dislike to. That and the increasing levels of shite he’s talking in the media. 

Edited by Dons_1988

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently youre close to re-signing Graeme Shinnie

Usually in this situation i'd be a bit wary, and thinking i'd like the 2018 version but don't know what he's like now. However, as it's Graeme Shinnie i'm fully behind this.