The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Aberdeen's financial model is based on continuing to sell players. That's it. There's no other strategy.
They've just lost five million quid, their wage-bill is rising, they have a crumbling wreck of a stadium and no way to finance a new one.
Tell me what part of that isn't worrying.
What happens if Aberdeen don't finish third this season? Keep in mind that funding gap isn't helped by having slightly more than half of Hearts' ST base and no FoH money of 1.5m per year. That doesn't improve without results. But then, when you need to keep selling...
Can I ask why you are so concerned about Aberdeen [emoji848]

18 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:

Can I ask why you are so concerned about Aberdeen emoji848.png

He wants a bit of competition so when they win the prestigious Third Place Trophy they have somebody to lord it over. (Hibs don't count, for some reason.)

For any Hearts fans looking in let's provide some clarity. You made 3 million based on the back of record turnover purely on the basis that you received 4.5 of donations from benefactors. Without them you make a 1.5 million loss.

We are reporting an accounting loss of 5 million which does not include the insurance money we received due to the pandemic. When you also consider the difference between 10th and 3rd place is roughly 2 million (and one would expect us not to finish 10th on a regular basis) we almost cover the 5 million gap. The accounts also don't include the sales of Ramsey and Ferguson which would see Aberdeen more than cover the 5 million gap and pay for this summer's investment in the squad. If we are ever in a loss making position Cormack has said him and his friends will cover them. 

A sustainable business model is one where the club can stand on its own feet rather than rely on funds from benefactors. Aberdeen are running with the youngest squad in the league and have many more valuable assets which can be monetized at the right time.

As for the stadium Hearts are land locked whilst we have an opportunity to build a state of the art stadium which will generate far more revenue than Hearts will at Tynecastle. Commercial and corporate facilities alone will be double what we have today. As for the funding lots to be decided but selling name rights, investment from benefactors etc...are already being worked on.

In summary we are in a good place.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

For any Hearts fans looking in let's provide some clarity. You made 3 million based on the back of record turnover purely on the basis that you received 4.5 of donations from benefactors. Without them you make a 1.5 million loss.

We are reporting an accounting loss of 5 million which does not include the insurance money we received due to the pandemic. When you also consider the difference between 10th and 3rd place is roughly 2 million (and one would expect us not to finish 10th on a regular basis) we almost cover the 5 million gap. The accounts also don't include the sales of Ramsey and Ferguson which would see Aberdeen more than cover the 5 million gap and pay for this summer's investment in the squad. If we are ever in a loss making position Cormack has said him and his friends will cover them. 

A sustainable business model is one where the club can stand on its own feet rather than rely on funds from benefactors. Aberdeen are running with the youngest squad in the league and have many more valuable assets which can be monetized at the right time.

As for the stadium Hearts are land locked whilst we have an opportunity to build a state of the art stadium which will generate far more revenue than Hearts will at Tynecastle. Commercial and corporate facilities alone will be double what we have today. As for the funding lots to be decided but selling name rights, investment from benefactors etc...are already being worked on.

Leslie Nielsen Nothing To See Here GIF - Leslie Nielsen Nothing To See Here  Disperse - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We are reporting an accounting loss of 5 million which does not include the insurance money we received due to the pandemic. When you also consider the difference between 1) 10th and 3rd place is roughly 2 million (and one would expect us not to finish 10th on a regular basis) 2) we almost cover the 5 million gap. 3) The accounts also don't include the sales of Ramsey and Ferguson which would see Aberdeen more than cover the 5 million gap and pay for this summer's investment in the squad. If we are ever in a loss making position Cormack has said him and his friends will cover them. 

4) A sustainable business model is one where the club can stand on its own feet rather than rely on funds from benefactors. Aberdeen are running with the youngest squad in the league and have many more valuable assets which can be monetized at the right time.

5) As for the stadium Hearts are land locked whilst we have an opportunity to build a state of the art stadium which will generate far more revenue than Hearts will at Tynecastle. Commercial and corporate facilities alone will be double what we have today. As for the funding lots to be decided but selling name rights, investment from benefactors etc...are already being worked on.

1) No, it isn't.

2) No, you don't. And while you won't finish tenth every year, you lost the same amount the year before when you finished 4th.

3) That's how accounts work. Similar to how we can't include our European money in this year's, with which we'd have made an even bigger profit. You will post money from transfers next year,  but probably not the full whack because that's rarely how transfers work, and in day-to-day operating Aberdeen are losing 100,000 quid a week. That's eye-watering. With a wages to turnover rate of 74%, there's reason for speculation as to how long that can continue for.

4) It's perfectly sustainable if it's planned for, budgeted, and is used to improve the infrastructure of the club. You seem to think Hearts have signed Shankland, made a loss, and the gap has been plugged by Anderson. This is completely wrong. For example, we don't have a corporate shirt-sponsor or a stadium name partner because Anderson pays us not to. We could easily have both. Also, 1.5m of our 'benefactor' money is annual income from fans. What's not sustainable, is losses of a hundred grand a week from normal operations, and that's Aberdeen's position.

5) You actually believe this, don't you? How many decades can you be strung along for? You're losing a hundred grand a week, have nothing but jackanory stuff from the club about a stadium which is likely to be small and not fully-owned by the club (if it ever actually happens), but you will still swallow what the club are giving you. Happy clappers like you are a bad board's dream. You do realise you're about to receive substantial transfer fees, but those are not going to grow your club, they're going to cover huge operating losses. If you think that's 'a good place', then Cormack must love fans like you. 😀

Edited by VincentGuerin

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

1) No, it isn't. It's less than half of that.

2) No, you don't.

3) That's how accounts work. Similar to how we can't include our European money in this year's, with which we'd have made an even bigger profit. You will post money from transfers next year, but in day-to-day operating Aberdeen are losing 100,000 quid a week., with a wages to turnover ratio of 74%. That's eye-watering.

4) It's perfectly sustainable if it's planned for, budgeted, and is used to improve the infrastructure of the club. You seem to think Hearts have signed Shankland, made a loss, and the gap has been plugged by Anderson. This is completely wrong. Also, 1.5m of our 'benefactor' money is annual income from fans. What's not sustainable, is losses of a hundred grand a week from normal operations, and that's Aberdeen's position.

5) You actually believe this, don't you? How many decades can you be strung along for? You're losing a hundred grand a week, have nothing but jackanory stuff from the club about a stadium, but you will still swallow what the club are giving you. Happy clappers like you are a bad board's dream. 😀

That has to be one of the worst counter posts I have seen. You clearly have not read your account's nor understand how to read them which makes debating with you pointless. Regarding your first point you we see in the following link that the difference between 10th and 3rd is 1.6 million. https://www.totalsportal.com/football/scottish-premiership-prize-money/

When you add this amount yo the pandemic insurance you get roughly 4 million. I will also point out that that 5 million lost does not include the 1 million profit made on players sales during that season. Regarding your accounts you received 6 million in donations of which 1.5 million was from the foundation of Hearts and 4.5 million was from benefactors. To argue that that is a sustainable model is laughable as just like your lot found out previously with Romanov, the second those individuals leave so does your money. The third point you make is not relevant to the argument that Aberdeen should be worried about our financial results. You have the 4.5 million donations which clearly ensured you did not make a loss for that season

The stadium will happen, its just a case of when. Hearts fans hold on to the dream that we will never pull it off, however the club has to move at some point to move forward.

Finishing below us for so many years has clearly upset the Jambos. They really want us to be in the same trouble they were but the reality is much different.

It’s obvious to anyone that we’d make a significant loss in a year where we sacked a management team, brought in a new one, had our lowest league finish in 19 years, no trips to Hampden, signed and got rid of a load of sh*te players etc.

It looks pretty likely that we’ll be in a much better financial position next year with us selling millions worth of talent, making much smarter signings with our new head of recruitment, strong crowd numbers, sitting clear in third at the WC break and already in one semi final. 21/22 will almost certainly be a blip, both on and off the pitch.

12 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That has to be one of the worst counter posts I have seen. You clearly have not read your account's nor understand how to read them which makes debating with you pointless. Regarding your first point you we see in the following link that the difference between 10th and 3rd is 1.6 million. https://www.totalsportal.com/football/scottish-premiership-prize-money/

When you add this amount yo the pandemic insurance you get roughly 4 million. I will also point out that that 5 million lost does not include the 1 million profit made on players sales during that season. 1)Regarding your accounts you received 6 million in donations of which 1.5 million was from the foundation of Hearts and 4.5 million was from benefactors. To argue that that is a sustainable model is laughable as just like your lot found out previously with Romanov, the second those individuals leave so does your money. The third point you make is not relevant to the argument that Aberdeen should be worried about our financial results. You have the 4.5 million donations which clearly ensured you did not make a loss for that season

2) The stadium will happen, its just a case of when. Hearts fans hold on to the dream that we will never pull it off, however the club has to move at some point to move forward.

1) This is the most laughable thing I've read on here for some time. Again, I invite you to look at how the Anderson money is spent. It's developing the infrastructure of the club to make more money in the future. It's very easy to find this out. We don't need him to keep putting that money in. We're basically an affluent young couple who are doing fine on our own but have a rich parent happy to sub us for a bigger house deposit. We don't need it, but it's certainly very nice.

2) This is based on what? I mean, you could have posted this at any point in the last twenty years, and nothing has changed. At best you seem likely to get a small stadium that your club doesn't even own. That sound good to you?

And, like I said before, the bare fact is you're losing a hundred grand a week. Your record sale won't cover one year of operating losses. That's a desperately poor situation, any way you cut it. It's incredible you're on here trying to defend it. What's the point in generating big transfer fees if you can't use the money to develop the club? You're ten million down in two years and chasing your tails. That you are prepared to Comical Ali this to such an extent is very funny to watch.

Edited by VincentGuerin

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

1) This is the most laughable thing I've read on here for some time. Again, I invite you to look at how the Anderson money is spent. It's developing the infrastructure of the club to make more money in the future. It's very easy to find this out. We don't need him to keep putting that money in. We're basically an affluent young couple who are doing fine on our own but have a rich parent happy to sub us for a bigger house deposit. We don't need it, but it's certainly very nice.

2) This is based on what? I mean, you could have posted this at any point in the last twenty years, and nothing has changed. At best you seem likely to get a small stadium that your club doesn't even own. That sound good to you?

And, like I said before, the bare fact is you're losing a hundred grand a week. Your record sale won't cover one year of operating losses. That's a desperately poor situation, any way you cut it. It's incredible you're on here trying to defend it. What's the point in generating big transfer fees if you can't use the money to develop the club? You're ten million down in two years and chasing your tails. That you are prepared to Comical Ali this to such an extent is very funny to watch.

What utter rubbish. You clearly don't understand the model that Comarck is striving for. By finding, developing and monetizing young players it allows us to push the boat out a little and allow for certain losses at some point. Comarck has publicly stated that he is comfortable us making a 1 to 2 million loss in a season on the basis of us covering those by selling a player in the future. As we have found this summer the player sales also covered the transfer fees we spent. Remember the accounts are also covering a period of covid where income was limited and therefore in non covid years we will have extra cash should we maximize player sales at the right time.

Regardless of what you claim the 4.5 million is being spent on you still need it to cover your operational costs as has been seen in your accounts for several years.

Your right we could have posted this at anytime but the difference now compared to previous years is we have two options 1.) on land we own and 2.) a new potential option on the beach. Whilst progress is slow its a much better position then previous years. It will happen at some points, its just a matter of when.

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

1) What utter rubbish. You clearly don't understand the model that Comarck is striving for. By finding, developing and monetizing young players it allows us to push the boat out a little and allow for certain losses at some point. Comarck has publicly stated that he is comfortable us making a 1 to 2 million loss in a season on the basis of us covering those by selling a player in the future. As we have found this summer the player sales also covered the transfer fees we spent. Remember the accounts are also covering a period of covid where income was limited and therefore in non covid years we will have extra cash should we maximize player sales at the right time.

2) Regardless of what you claim the 4.5 million is being spent on you still need it to cover your operational costs as has been seen in your accounts for several years.

3) Your right we could have posted this at anytime but the difference now compared to previous years is we have two options 1.) on land we own and 2.) a new potential option on the beach. Whilst progress is slow its a much better position then previous years. It will happen at some points, its just a matter of when.

1) 😀 I mean, fucking hell. 'Certain losses at certain points'. You've lost TEN MILLION QUID in two years. I mean, stop and read back what you're writing. You're the happiest clapper I've read for a long time. Selling your players to plug losses is running to stand still.

2) Glad we've established you just don't know what you're talking about here.

3) Fair play to you. I'm assuming you're quite a young lad. Take it from one who has been over the course before, believing baseless PR stuff from your fitba club is not a virtuous thing to do. You'd do very well to start asking more questions and holding those running your club to account. You seem to think it's your job as a supporter to just back the club's position on all things.

You've found yourself backing losses of a hundred grand a week as all part of a model your owner is striving for (your words) while just nodding along with the club's non-words about a stadium. Other fans must read the stuff you're writing with their heads in their hands. Again, I speak as a supporter of a club who have been over the course.

Edited by VincentGuerin

25 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

1) 😀 I mean, fucking hell. 'Certain losses at certain points'. You've lost TEN MILLION QUID in two years. I mean, stop and read back what you're writing. You're the happiest clapper I've read for a long time. Selling your players to plug losses is running to stand still.

2) Glad we've established you just don't know what you're talking about here.

3) Fair play to you. I'm assuming you're quite a young lad. Take it from one who has been over the course before, believing baseless PR stuff from your fitba club is not a virtuous thing to do. You'd do very well to start asking more questions and holding those running your club to account. You seem to think it's your job as a supporter to just back the club's position on all things.

You've found yourself backing losses of a hundred grand a week as all part of a model your owner is striving for (your words) while just nodding along with the club's non-words about a stadium. Other fans must read the stuff you're writing with their heads in their hands. Again, I speak as a supporter of a club who have been over the course.

We have not actually lost 10 million as I have explained to you using this set of reports as an example. All of the ten million has been accounted for when you consider the player sales. Its a timing issue as to when certain transactions fall. You also fail  to realize that we have numerous add ons in terms of sell on fees, appearance money etc... which could bring in more than what we initially sold the players for.

Currently I am comfortable with us pushing the boat out a little as a.) Comarck has committed to covering the losses should we need it and b.) the model works as has been shown by many clubs in Europe. You are only going to push the boat out if you have sellable assets tied up on long term deals. If you don't then you can't speculate. Its rather simple. Already the papers are talking about Bojan leaving for 4 million which is 8 times more than we paid for him in the summer. Hearts have not had that success in the transfer market. 

What we have determined here is Aberdeen's finances are not in as bad a shape as has been made out and Hearts are not in as sound as position as one may think. On both points you have yet to provide any substantive evidence to suggest otherwise.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

We have not actually lost 10 million as I have explained to you using this set of reports as an example. All of the ten million has been accounted for when you consider the player sales. Its a timing issue as to when certain transactions fall. You also fail  to realize that we have numerous add ons in terms of sell on fees, appearance money etc... which could bring in more than what we initially sold the players for.

Currently I am comfortable with us pushing the boat out a little as a.) Comarck has committed to covering the losses should we need it and b.) the model works as has been shown by many clubs in Europe. You are only going to push the boat out if you have sellable assets tied up on long term deals. If you don't then you can't speculate. Its rather simple. Already the papers are talking about Bojan leaving for 4 million which is 8 times more than we paid for him in the summer. Hearts have not had that success in the transfer market. 

What we have determined here is Aberdeen's finances are not in as bad a shape as has been made out and Hearts are not in as sound as position as one may think. On both points you have yet to provide any substantive evidence to suggest otherwise.

As for the stadium I can't do more than stress that it gas to be built and we are going to go with one of the two options currently in front of us. When we do built it it will bring in 4 to 5 million more per season compared to today. Thats a substantial difference. 

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We have not actually lost 10 million as I have explained to you using this set of reports as an example. 1)All of the ten million has been accounted for when you consider the player sales. Its a timing issue as to when certain transactions fall. You also fail  to realize that we have numerous add ons in terms of sell on fees, appearance money etc... which could bring in more than what we initially sold the players for.

Currently I am comfortable with us pushing the boat out a little as a.) 2) Comarck has committed to covering the losses should we need it and b.) the model works as has been shown by many clubs in Europe. You are only going to push the boat out if you have sellable assets tied up on long term deals. If you don't then you can't speculate. Its rather simple. 3) Already the papers are talking about Bojan leaving for 4 million which is 8 times more than we paid for him in the summer. Hearts have not had that success in the transfer market. 

4) What we have determined here is Aberdeen's finances are not in as bad a shape as has been made out and Hearts are not in as sound as position as one may think. On both points you have yet to provide any substantive evidence to suggest otherwise.

1) My goodness. Were you not just banging on about sustainability? Are you seriously suggesting Aberdeen's sustainability is losing a hundred grand a week and hoping to sell players to make up the losses? Honestly...

2) No, he hasn't. He's said he'll sustain it to a point. Again, you are losing a hundred grand a week. That is Aberdeen's operating status at the moment. What if Miovski breaks his leg and Duk does his ACL? Is this really the model you think Aberdeen are striving for? If so, I'd suggest you'll be alone in believing that.

3) This is the road to ruin. Have you just not been paying attention to fitba for the past 20 years? What if he stops scoring or breaks his leg? Leeds thought they'd be fine as long as they kept qualifying for the Champions League. And that was fine, until they didn't... And Hearts don't need to sell our best players to plug gaps, as we have a completed stadium with almost 16,000 ST holders and the money from group stage football in Europe. I mean, seriously, stop and read your own words.

4) What we have established here is that you are choosing to assume Aberdeen will keep selling players for millions of pounds. That's it. There is no other plan. You're basically just hoping to keep winning the lottery. It's financial insanity.

Edited by VincentGuerin

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

As for the stadium I can't do more than stress that it gas to be built and we are going to go with one of the two options currently in front of us. When we do built it it will bring in 4 to 5 million more per season compared to today. Thats a substantial difference. 

God bless you, son. 😀

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

1) My goodness. Were you not just banging on about sustainability? Are you seriously suggesting Aberdeen's sustainability is losing a hundred grand a week and hoping to sell players to make up the losses? Honestly...

2) No, he hasn't. He's said he'll sustain it to a point. Again, you are losing a hundred grand a week. That is Aberdeen's operating status at the moment. What if Miovski breaks his leg and Duk does his ACL? Is this really the model you think Aberdeen are striving for? If so, I'd suggest you'll be alone in believing that.

3) This is the road to ruin. Have you just not been paying attention to fitba for the past 20 years? What if he stops scoring or breaks his leg? Leeds thought they'd be fine as long as they kept qualifying for the Champions League. And that was fine, until they didn't... And Hearts don't need to sell our best players to plug gaps, as we have a completed stadium with almost 16,000 ST holders and the money from group stage football in Europe. I mean, seriously, stop and read your own words.

4) What we have established here is that you are choosing to assume Aberdeen will keep selling players for millions of pounds. That's it. There is no other plan. You're basically just hoping to keep winning the lottery. It's financial insanity.

Again your not presenting any facts. We are no where near on the road to ruin and in fact have come through COVID very well. Buying young players and selling them on is model Aberdeen are choosing to run regardless of what you think about it. The difference in what we are doing and what you had with Rovmanov are two opposite ends if the spectrum. Firstly you are comparing our finances during a two year pandemic with is laughable. Next years will look much better and we will start to see the benefits. Secondly Rovamov totally overcommitted Hearts with no visibility into how to recoup the money. We have numerous players in the squad who we could sell on and in some cases they have significant value i.e we have visibility. The club plans several transfer windows out in advance and have a timeline on when to (hopefully) sell on the player.

Compare the transfer fees Aberdeen have made compared to Hearts in the last few years and you will see that not only have we outperformed you but the formula can be repeated. Thats sustainable.

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Again your not presenting any facts. We are no where near on the road to ruin and in fact have come through COVID very well. Buying young players and selling them on is model Aberdeen are choosing to run regardless of what you think about it. The difference in what we are doing and what you had with Rovmanov are two opposite ends if the spectrum. Firstly you are comparing our finances during a two year pandemic with is laughable. Next years will look much better and we will start to see the benefits. Secondly Rovamov totally overcommitted Hearts with no visibility into how to recoup the money. We have numerous players in the squad who we could sell on and in some cases they have significant value i.e we have visibility. The club plans several transfer windows out in advance and have a timeline on when to (hopefully) sell on the player.

Compare the transfer fees Aberdeen have made compared to Hearts in the last few years and you will see that not only have we outperformed you but the formula can be repeated. Thats sustainable.

Has the pandemic only happened to Aberdeen, aye? Everybody else losing a hundred grand a week too?

Nobody is disputing that Aberdeen have sold well. The point is that betting the farm on the club continuing to do so, is basically just setting yourself up to lose the farm. Hearts may not be matching Aberdeen for transfer income, but we've got far better crowds, a completed stadium, we've got 1.5m a year from the fans,and we've got European income. And this while we choose not to maximise our commercial income.

Other clubs do this (trading to make a profit) in leagues with substantial tv income, or when they have European income, or big crowds etc. In short, a safety net. Aberdeen have none of those things. They're walking a tightrope, and you seem to endorse this as policy. If Hearts were doing this you'd be screeching about sustainability and Admin II. As I said, I don't doubt that a lot of your fellow Aberdeen fans are reading what you write and shaking their heads.

There's no point going any further with you. As your view on Aberdeen's finances seems to be the following: We'll keep selling players for loads of money and then we'll get a new stadium and it'll make us a fortune.

I'd venture that neither of those things is likely to happen. Your naivety is striking.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Has the pandemic only happened to Aberdeen, aye? Everybody else losing a hundred grand a week too?

Nobody is disputing that Aberdeen have sold well. The point is that betting the farm on the club continuing to do so, is basically just setting yourself up to lose the farm. Hearts may not be matching Aberdeen for transfer income, but we've got far better crowds, a completed stadium, we've got 1.5m a year from the fans,and we've got European income. And this while we choose not to maximise our commercial income.

Other clubs do this (trading to make a profit) in leagues with substantial tv income, or when they have European income, or big crowds etc. In short, a safety net. Aberdeen have none of those things. They're walking a tightrope, and you seem to endorse this as policy. If Hearts were doing this you'd be screeching about sustainability and Admin II. As I said, I don't doubt that a lot of your fellow Aberdeen fans are reading what you write and shaking their heads.

There's no point going any further with you. As your view on Aberdeen's finances seems to be the following: We'll keep selling players for loads of money and then we'll get a new stadium and it'll make us a fortune.

I'd venture that neither of those things is likely to happen. Your naivety is striking.

Every club has had to deal with the pandemic however the difference is we have made it through by selling players (and admittedly other means such as interest free loans, insurance etc..) whilst you had donations from benefactors. However coming out of the pandemic we have more sellable assets whilst in my opinion Hearts have very little. We have invested heavily in the recruitment team and are following similar approaches to clubs like Sevilla and Brentford who are not only punching about their weight but are out performing the transfer market. Most Aberdeen fans will have heard Comarck and Steven Gunn talk about this strategy and vision whilst rival fans will be scratching their heads like you are trying to grasp on to what we are doing. Its no fluke that we have unearthed this summer statistically two of the best strikers in the league, the best goalkeeper and the best pressing midfielder. There is no tightrope being walked at Aberdeen but rather a sound strategy that could not only see improvements on the field but pocket us millions.

As for the stadium what we are planning will be head scratching for most of Scotland i.e why would you reduce the size of your stadium all in the name of creating a scarcity, increasing season ticket sales and ultimately improving revenue? The club are trying to build a net zero stadium which could pocket a large amount of government grants, selling naming rights, selling Pittodire and through benefactors. Yea it seems alot to cover but not impossible.

I have not compared this years accounts but for many years we have outperformed Hearts commercially which has resulted in higher revenue. With our average attendance growing this year and through our DNA scheme (which brings in over 1 million and competes with your Foundation of Hearts) we have the potential to out perform you again without any donations. 

You started off by claiming Aberdeen were in trouble and I have addressed the fact that we have covered our losses and in fact have a strategy which if executed correctly would see us becoming very competitive.

On this day in History-

30 years ago 21 November 1992

Dons v Partick in Glasgow. Dons 2-0 up after 56 minutes when the match was abandoned due to snow obscuring the lines (for younger viewers, snow is a type of frozen rain). 

According to afcheritage the groundsman tried to clear it at half time but "he only had one brush and the head kept coming off it. 

Despite the anti Dons conspiracy, Aberdeen went on to win the rearranged fixture a few days later 7-0.