The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I fail to see the issue here.

Is it that he didn't actually manage it?

If you're talking about my "incredible revisionism" claim it was the idea that "his fortunes turned around" that is complete rubbish. A couple of goals against St Mirren and East Fife did nothing for his career at Aberdeen.  He was shite and more a threat to an opponents health then their goal. I remember his final home game for us against Hamilton and he came on as a sub and I was amazed he didn't get sent off as he lunged into a couple of ridiculous tackles.

17 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

If you're talking about my "incredible revisionism" claim it was the idea that "his fortunes turned around" that is complete rubbish. A couple of goals against St Mirren and East Fife did nothing for his career at Aberdeen.  He was shite and more a threat to an opponents health then their goal. I remember his final home game for us against Hamilton and he came on as a sub and I was amazed he didn't get sent off as he lunged into a couple of ridiculous tackles.

I'm talking about it apparently being a problem that he tried to nut Stephen Craigan.

Anyone doing that would get my vote for POTY

Jayden Richardson is a weak link in the team but the overreactions to some of his poor performances at times have been hysterical 

I can’t recall anything he did wrong the other night 

I’m sure most Fanbases are the same but once a scapegoat is identified early on, it’s usually difficult to change that perception 

Having said that I want the following recruits in January at least:

1 x RB

1 x CH

1 x Striker 

Jack Gurr was absolutely pish though 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Jayden Richardson is a weak link in the team but the overreactions to some of his poor performances at times have been hysterical 

I’m sure most Fanbases are the same but once a scapegoat is identified early on, it’s usually difficult to change that perception 

1 x RB

1 x CH

1 x Striker 

Jack Gurr was  absolutely pish though 

Another striker ? your "sources" get wind of a 40m Euro bid from an un named Chinese super team for the Duk or is it just a Ramirez straight swap?

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

This definitely doesn’t apply to Steve Clarke tbf.

yeah your right tbh, probaly more a timing thing.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

1 x RB

1 x CH

1 x Striker 

We don't need another striker. Miovski, Duk and even Ramirez as a third choice striker is as good as it gets outside the OF.

I'd argue we need two new centre backs and a right back. We could do with adding height in the middle of the park and in defence. We are a soft side that lacks height.

Edit: Ramirez can leave. Replace him with Bavidge.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We don't need another striker. Miovski, Duk and even Ramirez as a third choice striker is as good as it gets outside the OF.

I'd argue we need two new centre backs and a right back. We could do with adding height in the middle of the park and in defence. We are a soft side that lacks height.

Edit: Ramirez can leave. Replace him with Bavidge.

Agree.

Right back, centre half & a centre mid.

We’re too soft when things aren’t going our way & too easy to score against.

Offload a few wide players. 
Morris, Watkins, Kennedy. Two from three of those. 

We still have Hayes, Duncan, Besuijen & one of the three above (probably keep Kennedy of the three)

5 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Agree.

Right back, centre half & a centre mid.

We’re too soft when things aren’t going our way & too easy to score against.

Offload a few wide players. 
Morris, Watkins, Kennedy. Two from three of those. 

We still have Hayes, Duncan, Besuijen & one of the three above (probably keep Kennedy of the three)

Is that Roberts boy not a winger too? Morris needs a loan. 

On 10/11/2022 at 09:56, Frank Grimes said:

1 x RB

1 x CH

1 x Striker 

Our first against Hibs came from Richardson's good work.

16 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Forgot all about him.

Just strengthens my view we need to offload at least two 

Will be interesting to see what we do when Roberts is back. You'd have to think he doesn't fit the new system, just like Morris.