The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

16 hours ago, betting competition said:

Think it was right to keep Goodwin away from the media after another controversial decision even though it didn't really change the outcome of the game.

Part of the job description of a manager will be to communicate to the fans via external media.

If Goodwin can't be trusted to control his emotions over that medium then it's a problem (of course, it's a problem already because he's watching the next few games from the stands).

On 11/10/2022 at 11:18, Bogbrush1903 said:

Part of the job description of a manager will be to communicate to the fans via external media.

If Goodwin can't be trusted to control his emotions over that medium then it's a problem (of course, it's a problem already because he's watching the next few games from the stands).

Managers who have a suspension aren't allowed down to the touchline or in the tunnel until 15 minutes after the final whistle, so depending how quickly the media are wanting someone available for a post-match interview (and where exactly they can conduct interviews which will vary from stadium to stadium) there might be no choice but to have Sharp doing it.

Edited by Dunning1874

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Managers who have a suspension aren't allowed down to the touchline or in the tunnel until 15 minutes after the final whistle, so depending how quickly the media are wanting someone available for a post-match interview (and where exactly they can conduct interviews which will vary from stadium to stadium) there might be no choice but to have Sharp doing it.

15 minutes isn’t that long. You can’t tell me the club media at least wouldn’t wait if he said look I need to be in control of this message after that. 

It doesn’t get me that up or down, I don’t believe Jim Goodwin can say anything to make that better. I do believe an untrained body can make things worse by saying something clumsy. (Hiya McGhee)

Its a night to get the club captain and the manager out to hold their hands up, apologise and get back up the road with their tails between their legs. 

It hasn’t bothered me that greatly but it’s free ammunition for the more combustible in a support 

What is Ramadani's role in the team? He refuses to tackle, his passing appears to be limited, the one today for the first goal excepted, and when does get the ball he either gives it away or a simple little sideways pass to put a teammate in trouble. 

We have now played every team bar the postponed Rangers match. Our eleventh match last season was against Rangers, so the comparison on our first ten matches last season, 11 points, to this season, 16 points, in my mind is fair and positive, but I realise that this is not a universally wide held belief among our P&B posters.

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What is Ramadani's role in the team? He refuses to tackle, his passing appears to be limited, the one today for the first goal excepted, and when does get the ball he either gives it away or a simple little sideways pass to put a teammate in trouble. 

Currently sitting in the top 10 for tackles won and interceptions won throughout the entire league.

Seems to be a player who's getting a hard time but statistically, he's been very effective for us.

8 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Currently sitting in the top 10 for tackles won and interceptions won throughout the entire league.

Seems to be a player who's getting a hard time but statistically, he's been very effective for us.

He was utter horseshit against Utd, although far from alone in that. He does seem to get beaten really easily by diving in to win every ball, whether or not it’s there. I guess that’s how he gets good interception stats but it leaves us wide open more often than not. 

3 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

That's not what I see with my eyes. Maybe I need to watch him more closely.

Just watched the highlights from Sunday on RedTV and our second goal is as weird as it gets. Duk can hardly walk, takes the ball round Neilson, hirples up the wing then cuts inside at half pace with Neilson running after him full tilt unable to catch him. Meantime as Duk cuts inside all the Hearts players in his vicinity stand off him allowing the pass to Vinnie and then the finish. From our point of view a lovely watch, but from Hearts perspective probably as bad as any goal we’ve lost this season. You love to see it.