The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I thought Dave Cormack's body language was very telling. Towards the end he was completely facing away from both Gunn and Goodwin and looked seriously unimpressed. After which Goodwin was left on his own looking completely shell shocked. I recall Glass lost his job after Cormack attended his last match in charge. If we lose next week to Hearts, Goodwin's job will be on a shoogly peg.

Richardson really is the equivalent of playing with a man down. His end product is so poor and he's defensively inept. He's a winger at best not a right back. Can't believe we paid a reported fee of 300k for him. He needs dropped. Put McCrorie at right back and punt Richardson in January. 

If you watch Stewart closely, he's spending too much time covering for Richardson which is distracting him from his own game. Overall his distribution is appalling for a professional footballer.

Ramadani needs dropped too. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde performances he's that inconsistent. 

Both Barron and Clarkson made a big difference when they came on and should be starting going forward. 

Duk is one of the most unpredictable and creative players in our side and deserves a run in the starting 11. Drop Watkins and get Duk involved.

Controversial opinion - I don't believe we are a bad team overall and I thought we were doing ok up until Utd scored. Heads dropped and things were made worse by Gollum's dubious penalty award - far too many decisions were going against us. VAR is desperately needed. 4-0 (flattering result for Utd) was an extremely harsh scoreline.

We lack height throughout the squad and it needs addressed in January. Stewart is only 5'10 and is currently our main centre back.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Stewart is a stopper, ask him to build up play as we are doing and he can’t do it. Get him to concentrate on defending rather than trying to be a ball player and he would do ok, as someone said he’s being exposed because he’s also having to cover for the clusterfuck that is Richardson. McCrorie would have slightly more about him than Richardson as a right back so get him in there and get Barron and Clarkson involved though I do worry about their collective lack of physicality.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I thought Dave Cormack's body language was very telling. Towards the end he was completely facing away from both Gunn and Goodwin and looked seriously unimpressed. After which Goodwin was left on his own looking completely shell shocked. I recall Glass lost his job after Cormack attended his last match in charge. If we lose next week to Hearts, Goodwin's job will be on a shoogly peg.

Richardson really is the equivalent of playing with a man down. His end product is so poor and he's defensively inept. He's a winger at best not a right back. Can't believe we paid a reported fee of 300k for him. He needs dropped. Put McCrorie at right back and punt Richardson in January. 

If you watch Stewart closely, he's spending too much time covering for Richardson which is distracting him from his own game. Overall his distribution is appalling for a professional footballer.

Ramadani needs dropped too. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde performances he's that inconsistent. 

Both Barron and Clarkson made a big difference when they came on and should be starting going forward. 

Duk is one of the most unpredictable and creative players in our side and deserves a run in the starting 11. Drop Watkins and get Duk involved.

Controversial opinion - I don't believe we are a bad team overall and I thought we were doing ok up until Utd scored. Heads dropped and things were made worse by Gollum's dubious penalty award - far too many decisions were going against us. VAR is desperately needed. 4-0 (flattering result for Utd) was an extremely harsh scoreline.

We lack height throughout the squad and it needs addressed in January. Stewart is only 5'10 and is currently our main centre back.

Not a chance VAR overturns that decision. Had he not given it I doubt VAR would have asked him to look at though.

21 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Not a chance VAR overturns that decision. Had he not given it I doubt VAR would have asked him to look at though.

I took the United PPV feed and had the United commentators. Overall they were pretty decent, but the two of them are under the impression that the VAR is able to look at every offside decision. 

Obviously it’s too early for Goodwin to be in serious bother but I’m becoming less and less optimistic his reign will be a success 

We just don’t seem to be learning from our mistakes 

Hope I’m wrong but can’t see this working out, too many warning signs 

Edited by Frank Grimes

3 hours ago, Highloon said:

Roos, does not like a cross ball, but then bizarrely come for a ball he does not need to for the OG. He does not give me confidence. Bring back Joe. 

I like Lewis, but the version of him we saw over the last season or two was definitely not the same as the earlier one. Roos has his shortcomings, but by and large I think he has done pretty well since he joined and is far down our list of current issues. Also, if Goodwin wants a goalkeeper who is reasonably comfortable with the ball at his feet, that isn't going to be Lewis. 

14 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I like Lewis, but the version of him we saw over the last season or two was definitely not the same as the earlier one. Roos has his shortcomings, but by and large I think he has done pretty well since he joined and is far down our list of current issues. Also, if Goodwin wants a goalkeeper who is reasonably comfortable with the ball at his feet, that isn't going to be Lewis. 

A just want keeper that saves the ball something Roos is lacking and he makes me nervous with ball at his feet 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

VAR is ‘desperately needed’ like a hole in the head. I don’t care how bad collum is. 

The Leader of the Luddites has spoken...I would rather VAR than get shafted from incompetent/fearful/corrupt referees. 

I agree it will not guarantee 100% accuracy but it will considerably improve the current standards.

It makes no sense to have technology available to improve the officiating at matches and not utilise it.

There are issues with it's application during game time which need resolved but that will improve over time and use.

And for the record, I don't think VAR would've overturned Scales on Porteous either.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

27 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

One thing McInnes was brilliant at was chasing his own signing if they weren't up to it.

He certainly did that with a few although I recall him not only continually playing Greg Stewart and Dom Ball but resigning them too and subjecting us all to another spell of ineptitude.

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

He certainly did that with a few although I recall him not only continually playing Greg Stewart and Dom Ball but resigning them too and subjecting us all to another spell of ineptitude.

Dom ball> Ramadani

But skittery dog shit > Greg Stewart

Fairly sure Stewart got a fair crack in both spells then got benched after being shit though.

14 minutes ago, Arnie said:

A just want keeper that saves the ball something Roos is lacking and he makes me nervous with ball at his feet 

I would say his shot-stopping is the best part of his game. I think he is pretty good at narrowing angles and makes himself big. It would certainly be very harsh to attach any blame to him for the first three goals yesterday - question marks over the tragicomical fourth, but that feels a bit inconsequential all told. 

If I recall correctly, Lewis had one of the lowest save percentages of any starting goalkeeper in the league last season, although that type of statistic rarely tells the full story. 

Even when we have been well beaten this season, I don't think I have come away from a game thinking that changing the goalkeeper would have made much if any of a positive difference to the outcome. 

12 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Dom Ball, for all his shortcomings, would improve us in both defence and midfield just now. 

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Dom Ball, for all his shortcomings, would improve us in both defence and midfield just now. 

In my opinion, Dom Ball was similar to McCrorie nowadays in as far as you weren't quite sure what his best position was, although McCrorie is a vast improvement on Ball.

But I would watch Ball and see him do absolutely nothing of note in a match. 

However, I might be biased against him for two nightmare performances in Scottish Cup semi-final defeats (Motherwell & Celtic).

51 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The Leader of the Luddites has spoken...I would rather VAR than get shafted from incompetent/fearful/corrupt referees. 

I agree it will not guarantee 100% accuracy but it will considerably improve the current standards.

It makes no sense to have technology available to improve the officiating at matches and not utilise it.

There are issues with it's application during game time which need resolved but that will improve over time and use.

And for the record, I don't think VAR would've overturned Scales on Porteous either.

Football is a much worse sport with VAR. that’s my opinion and I don’t see it Changing. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Football is a much worse sport with VAR. that’s my opinion and I don’t see it Changing. 

I was joking with the Luddites comment. You won't find a bigger football traditionalist than me and I hate the post-Bosman era of football.

However, I'm sick of Scottish referees, particularly, with their incompetence and how they're easily swayed to benefit two clubs.

I've no doubt VAR will be end up being abused here but I'm hopeful that it might set the cat amongst the pigeons.

I'll probably end up hating VAR too though.