Jump to content

The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23


Guest

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yeah, but the good thing is you have moved on and are not letting it bother you.

Not one bit..........

Doesnt bother me really. More just how stupid it is to see those 2 penalties as exactly the same

The good thing is you have moved on from your frantic defence of any criticism of Porteous on here. Its good you dont let any criticism of him bother you.

Not one bit ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly.
Firstly it was a penalty
Secondly presumably the difference between a cheated penalty (porteous) leading to a penalty and sending off with Aberdeen winning and a penalty while already ahead and dominating a game is not something this idiot understands.

How has Porteous “cheated” any more than your penalty yesterday. Least there was contact involved the other week. Boy went down like he got shot yesterday.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I honestly do believe Coulson is wasted at LB. 

That doesn't mean I'm questioning his defensive abilities as he's very capable. However, his pace, agility and ability to beat a player is probably just as good as anyone in this team. Imagine him as a winger or even a number 10. 

Pre contract in January is a must. 

Right hand side of defence will cost us 3rd/4th. As much as I want Richardson to do well, he's got very obvious weaknesses. Stewart is in a similar bracket. Great defender but very questionable on the ball. You can't question either players commitment or determination to succeed though. Extremely likeable players as a result and that applies to a high percentage of this team.

Can we do some business (free agent wise) over the next month? I hope so. 

Richardson makes a lot of great runs but Stewart just passes the ball back to the keeper very frustrating to watch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

Feelings as expressed above. One of my all time favourites and for some reason greatly under appreciated by many.

I don’t necessarily agree he was “under appreciated”

Just a pity we didn’t see him for longer. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Killie offered the square root of f*ck all yesterday.

It was nice to see Goodwin utilising his squad yesterday and giving game time to Watkins, Ramirez, Milne and Duncan.

I'd still like to see Duncan start instead of Kennedy and give him a run of games.

The worrying aspect would be that despite Killie offering nothing they still managed to get a free header in our box for the goal. I'm pretty sure Taylor didn't even need to jump for it.

Richardson is still a problem that needs addressed.

 

Taylor managed to get a free header as we've taken the bold approach of putting three up whilst we're defending a corner, which left space everywhere.

I think you see loads of the game from the RDU. Not sure where you sit but Richardson is constantly making runs and not receiving the ball as we either take too long and he's now offside or we pick a different option.

That's why I've been critical of Hayes. So many of our attacks slow down because Hayes movement isn't very good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I don’t necessarily agree he was “under appreciated”

Just a pity we didn’t see him for longer. 

 

He certainly was by the Jock Stein and Alex Ferguson, that man should have been capped 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Taylor managed to get a free header as we've taken the bold approach of putting three up whilst we're defending a corner, which left space everywhere.

I think you see loads of the game from the RDU. Not sure where you sit but Richardson is constantly making runs and not receiving the ball as we either take too long and he's now offside or we pick a different option.

That's why I've been critical of Hayes. So many of our attacks slow down because Hayes movement isn't very good.

It was strange.  Taylor's goal was from the second of two corners one after the other and Watkins was in the box for the first with Miovski outside.  After we cleared the first one, Watkins ran out of the box (along with two other Dons players!) and Miovski ran in.  I suppose they were just resetting to the players that were supposed to be in there but it was weird watching it happen and hardly surprising there was a bit of panic/confusion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There have been long periods at Pittodrie in recent decades, where if you covered 'less than 2.5 goals' at the bookies each week, you'd be quids in.

Despite my natural aversion and grumpiness at losing easy goals, there can be no denying that 4-1. 2-3. 5-0 and 4-1 suggests it's a bit more fun this season !

...........and the positive is, most of the goals conceded look avoidable (eg set pieces), rather than just being a consequence of over committing players at the other end, which certainly was the case under Glass.

The sample size isn't huge yet (10-men twice, and none of the 'bigger' clubs have visited) - but let's hope we're on the right track.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, resk said:

It was strange.  Taylor's goal was from the second of two corners one after the other and Watkins was in the box for the first with Miovski outside.  After we cleared the first one, Watkins ran out of the box (along with two other Dons players!) and Miovski ran in.  I suppose they were just resetting to the players that were supposed to be in there but it was weird watching it happen and hardly surprising there was a bit of panic/confusion.

I suppose it was the first game with the set up and at least we're trying something different but there's a reason pretty much every team worldwide has moved to flooding their own box 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...