The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

What's the story with Ramirez? I know he's been a wee whiny bitch but wasn't he semi decent?

He was brilliant up until the start of this year but he chucked it after Glass got sacked and his family aren’t enjoying their time in Aberdeen. We’ve brought in Miovski who is an upgrade and also given him Ramirez’s number 9 shirt so it’s clear he’s not in Goodwin’s plans.

Edit: I see Hearts are after CR on loan.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

He was brilliant up until the start of this year but he chucked it after Glass got sacked and his family aren’t enjoying their time in Aberdeen. We’ve brought in Miovski who is an upgrade and also given him Ramirez’s number 9 shirt so it’s clear he’s not in Goodwin’s plans.

To be honest I forgot Aberdeen had shagged him out "his" number.

14 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Why would we loan him to one of our main competitors when he leaves at the end of the year? Surely if he goes there we ask for decent money 💰

Why would we loan him to one of our main competitors when he leaves at the end of the year? Surely if he goes there we ask for decent money

It would free up a significant wage and get an unhappy player out of the squad.

I’m quite surprised that they’re after him, he’s very similar to Shankland IMO.

58 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It would free up a significant wage and get an unhappy player out of the squad.

I’m quite surprised that they’re after him, he’s very similar to Shankland IMO.

Makes a lot of sense with them playing in Europe tbh. 

It's a weird one, because he's clearly a good player and will score double figures for anyone in the league. The kind of player we would have killed for when Rooney left. But I would pick Miovski over him every day, and Duk is much better at coming on and changing the game/offering a different dynamic. Ramirez is very expensive for a backup striker, and he isn't happy being a backup.

Goodwin made a big point of the new players having big personalities but no egos, and I think CR9(9 😁) is the wrong fit. Bit like Shankland and Anderson, maybe. They are good examples of why I don't want him to go to another team in our league - he'll do really well if he is made to feel special and gets decent service. Just watch him bang in 15+ goals for Hearts if he goes there.

Ramirez doesn't want to be here, Goodwin doesn't want him so he must leave before the window shuts.

If the only way is on loan to Hearts then do it and, of course, he can't play against us...

But Hearts on loan should be the last option.