The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, ShadyLane said:

I only saw the highlights from yesterday and it's just a small thing but thought miovski giving the second pen to besuijen was a good sign of togetherness in the team. Miovski knows he'll score plenty and giving someone else the chance to get the confidence up was good to see I thought. Bes had a quiet game up to that point by some accounts. Or maybe they agree takers pre-game and I know nothing!

Goodwin didn't sound happy about it and said it won't be happening again so guessing it wasn't discussed.

Strange sense of relief today that someone has at least now equaled that atrocity McGhee inflicted on our club in 2010.

I was actually a wee bit gutted when the ball span off the line at the end, and then the officials only added a minute.  Celtic have threatened that a few times, but generally take their foot off the gas after a while in a lot of games.

Obviously not a great sign for the league that this type of thing is happening - but will take the parochial view for now that the burden of 9-goal humiliations being on our modern day record books is now shared with the jutes.

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Doesn’t make that day at Celtic park any less humiliating for me tbh. 

It's maybe because one of the most common sources of stick regarding it over the years has come from Dundee United fans.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Strange sense of relief today that someone has at least now equaled that atrocity McGhee inflicted on our club in 2010.

I was actually a wee bit gutted when the ball span off the line at the end, and then the officials only added a minute.  Celtic have threatened that a few times, but generally take their foot off the gas after a while in a lot of games.

Obviously not a great sign for the league that this type of thing is happening - but will take the parochial view for now that the burden of 9-goal humiliations being on our modern day record books is now shared with the jutes.

If any team defends like United did yesterday then they deserve all they get.

I think yesterday was less about Celtic keeping the foot on the gas and more about United standing aside and not being, well erm...united. Celtic kept attacking it's true but they were met with no resistance.*

It would only happen again if the opposition was complicit in their own downfall like United yesterday and us in 2010. Their players chucked yesterday like ours did too.

However, lets not pretend that Celtic were unplayable magnificent yesterday.

United have performed like a kid's team for the second match this season. The concede a couple and then just give up.

If Ross doesn't go before their next match then they will soon find out that a manager has no long-term future having overseen a 9 goal defeat.

*However, it doesn't help when the match officials ignore an offside that looked pretty obvious.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

All seems to have gone quiet. Not even hearing any rumours, but I’m surprised some haven’t left. 

We’ll get at least one more in and I imagine at least two off the wage bill out of Ramirez, Bates, Watkins and McLennan

On a side note, less than 20 tickets left for County away for anyone who was thinking of going 

I would expect a couple out. Watkins, Ramirez, McLennan? Can't imagine any of them will be happy to sit on the bench watching Duk, Morris, Duncan and Polvara get minutes instead. For squad depth it would be nice to keep at least Watkins; but McLennan hasn't looked good enough for a long time and an unhappy Ramirez is an expensive risk to team harmony.

I saw Phil McGuire's Carnoustie Panmure in the Scottish Cup at the weekend and a rotund Jamie Winter played the whole 90 minutes which, in essence, meant Panmure were playing with ten men for the entire match.

He couldn't run, pass or shoot and didn't look like an ex-pro that had dropped down a few levels at the end of his career. In fact, he was the worst player on the park.

At one stage, he mistakingly kicked the ball with his left foot and nudged it away from his right as he swung his leg to kick the ball and took a fresh air swipe.

I thought Winter played during Skovdahl or Paterson's tenure but Wikipedia tells me it was during Jimmy Calerwood's!

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I saw Phil McGuire's Carnoustie Panmure in the Scottish Cup at the weekend and a rotund Jamie Winter played the whole 90 minutes which, in essence, meant Panmure were playing with ten men for the entire match.

He couldn't run, pass or shoot and didn't look like an ex-pro that had dropped down a few levels at the end of his career. In fact, he was the worst player on the park.

At one stage, he mistakingly kicked the ball with his left foot and nudged it away from his right as he swung his leg to kick the ball and took a fresh air swipe.

I thought Winter played during Skovdahl or Paterson's tenure but Wikipedia tells me it was during Jimmy Calerwood's!

I remember meeting Jamie Winter in Tesco at the "height" of his playing career. He was loitering around the cakes which did worry me a bit.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I remember meeting Jamie Winter in Tesco at the "height" of his playing career. He was loitering around the cakes which did worry me a bit.

I've told this before but my pal walked past the chocolate aisle in Tesco on the Lang Stracht.

Greg Stewart was stood there with his hands on top of his head, blowing his cheeks.

This was the preseason he first arrived 🤣

We got through tonight, but the performance in 90 minutes was abject.

YET again we started a game so slowly.

A few players given a chance to stake a claim for a first team spot. 
All of them failed. Morris, MacKenzie & Kennedy were all poor.

Ryan Duncan should be ahead of Shayden Morris.

Credit to them for getting the job done in the end though.