Jump to content

The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23


Guest

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Only Disappointment was both Coulson and Roberts got injured. I was really impressed with Coulson against Celtic and in the opening 10 mins today you could tell he's a good player. Hopefully they are both back soon.

I'm really excited about our chances of a good season. Look forward to the Motherwell match and furthering the good feel factor surrounding the club.

 

Coulson ain’t going to be seen for a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coulson ain’t going to be seen for a while. 

Given Mackenzie can’t seem to stay fit - this would seem to leave Scales and Hayes as the options out there - neither of which is ideal.

Maybe need another loan to cover us til Xmas if Coulson is out for a considerable period of time.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Reina changed the title to The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23
54 minutes ago, tarapoa said:


Given Mackenzie can’t seem to stay fit - this would seem to leave Scales and Hayes as the options out there - neither of which is ideal.

Maybe need another loan to cover us til Xmas if Coulson is out for a considerable period of time.

I’m not convinced with McCrorie at left centre half. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tarapoa said:


Given Mackenzie can’t seem to stay fit - this would seem to leave Scales and Hayes as the options out there - neither of which is ideal.

Maybe need another loan to cover us til Xmas if Coulson is out for a considerable period of time.

Can we not recall Hancock from Arbroath 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MacKenzie was saying on RedTV yesterday that he's not far away from fitness. I'd imagine we'll just continue with Scales at left back and McCrorie in the middle until such time as MacKenzie is fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

MacKenzie was saying on RedTV yesterday that he's not far away from fitness. I'd imagine we'll just continue with Scales at left back and McCrorie in the middle until such time as MacKenzie is fit.

I doubt it, it'll be Hayes at left back to cover. Can't see Goodwin messing with the centre back pairing and the centre mid pairing to solve the problem. Besides, we've got plenty attacking midfielders now so Hayes isn't such a loss there and is good cover at left back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GTG_03 said:

I doubt it, it'll be Hayes at left back to cover. Can't see Goodwin messing with the centre back pairing and the centre mid pairing to solve the problem. Besides, we've got plenty attacking midfielders now so Hayes isn't such a loss there and is good cover at left back.

I mean, anything is possible, but the evidence from the cup and the league so far is that he's more likely to play Scales at LB and McCrorie at CB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, assuming we are going 4-2-3-1 in the main, we have a fair number of players fighting for those front 4 spots:

Miovski
Ramirez
Duk
Morris
Roberts
Kennedy
Besuijen
Hayes

I assume the below are away (permanently or loan)
Duncan
McLennan
Watkins

I’m on the fence, it’s a lot of players to try and keep happy but the strength in depth is good, considering we had f**k all depth last year.

With the chat that we still want a ‘creative midfielder’, which I take to be a #10, we will be rather top heavy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I mean, anything is possible, but the evidence from the cup and the league so far is that he's more likely to play Scales at LB and McCrorie at CB.

He moved mcrorie into centre back in the cup game to prepare for the Celtic game when we wouldn't have scales. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

So, assuming we are going 4-2-3-1 in the main, we have a fair number of players fighting for those front 4 spots:

Miovski
Ramirez
Duk
Morris
Roberts
Kennedy
Besuijen
Hayes

I assume the below are away (permanently or loan)
Duncan
McLennan
Watkins

I’m on the fence, it’s a lot of players to try and keep happy but the strength in depth is good, considering we had f**k all depth last year.

With the chat that we still want a ‘creative midfielder’, which I take to be a #10, we will be rather top heavy.

Clarkson too.  I'd like to see Watkins stay as he's an excellent player if a little injury prone. 

McLennan isn't wanted and hopefully Duncan will get a good loan spell somewhere to get game time.

Optimistic for the season ahead 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Clarkson too.  I'd like to see Watkins stay as he's an excellent player if a little injury prone. 

McLennan isn't wanted and hopefully Duncan will get a good loan spell somewhere to get game time.

Optimistic for the season ahead 😁

Rumour is Watkins is leaving for personal reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Clarkson too.  I'd like to see Watkins stay as he's an excellent player if a little injury prone. 

McLennan isn't wanted and hopefully Duncan will get a good loan spell somewhere to get game time.

Optimistic for the season ahead 😁

We'd take Duncan and McLennan (probably, we're desperate) in a heartbeat. Especially the former who would be a guaranteed starter every week alongside Fyvie, Yule and Scully.

Hopefully McIntyre is speaking with Goodwin this week. We've started the first 2 league games with only 15 players, squad is threadbare.

Towler looking decent to be fair especially since he's stepping up 2 divisions and is just 17 years old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

We'd take Duncan and McLennan (probably, we're desperate) in a heartbeat. Especially the former who would be a guaranteed starter every week alongside Fyvie, Yule and Scully.

Hopefully McIntyre is speaking with Goodwin this week. We've started the first 2 league games with only 15 players, squad is threadbare.

Towler looking decent to be fair especially since he's stepping up 2 divisions and is just 17 years old.

Must admit I'd be well annoyed (towards Cove not the Dons) if Ryan Duncan comes out on loan and doesn't come to us. Not that we should have any defined right to get him but because we are crying out for a left winger, actually wingers in general, we can give him game time at a decent level and he could train with you during the week. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Must admit I'd be well annoyed (towards Cove not the Dons) if Ryan Duncan comes out on loan and doesn't come to us. Not that we should have any defined right to get him but because we are crying out for a left winger, actually wingers in general, we can give him game time at a decent level and he could train with you during the week. 

 

Aye that arrangement makes good sense to me. Hopefully something gets done as I'd hate to see him sitting on the bench only getting the odd cameo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Illgresi said:

MacKenzie was saying on RedTV yesterday that he's not far away from fitness. I'd imagine we'll just continue with Scales at left back and McCrorie in the middle until such time as MacKenzie is fit.

1) He’s barely been fit for over a year.

2) He’s not good enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) He’s barely been fit for over a year.
2) He’s not good enough. 

Agree with the first point.

On the second - thought he was promising at first, then dipped, then showed up well when he did return last season.

I hope he does make it, and would like to see him in a side without two clowns as a central defence, but certainly wouldn’t want to have no other options in the event Coulson is fked.

Goodwin’s whole Plan A involves Scales and McCrorie being in the positions they started in on Saturday.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

1) He’s barely been fit for over a year.

2) He’s not good enough. 

 

Can't argue with the first point, only Goodwin will know if he's ready to play.

 

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:


Agree with the first point.

On the second - thought he was promising at first, then dipped, then showed up well when he did return last season.

I hope he does make it, and would like to see him in a side without two clowns as a central defence, but certainly wouldn’t want to have no other options in the event Coulson is fked.

Goodwin’s whole Plan A involves Scales and McCrorie being in the positions they started in on Saturday.

 

Agreed, I thought he showed a lot of promise when he broke into the team. I think it's pretty obvious that his succession of injuries played a big part in his dip in form. I'd equally like to see him make it, and now would be his chance with Coulson out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...