The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

21 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's an interesting point of view seeing your ex-manager being given the sort of money he never had with your club and watching the sort of player they bring in.

Probably a bit unfair when you see the start Robinson has had this season too.

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Remember this guy? apparently the next back up left back.

NINTCHDBPICT000419660074.jpg.bbef22cda6ecde485e532018a9747b91.jpg

Only game I remember seeing him was when GMS absolutely ripped him a new one in a League cup game and he had to get taken off. He looked dreadful but that Stubbs side may have been the worst premier League side I've ever seen at that time.

Good few years ago so presumably he must have improved a little bit at least if Boro haven't bombed him out before now.

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Only game I remember seeing him was when GMS absolutely ripped him a new one in a League cup game

Ditto, I read a description of GMS running circles around him in that game so badly Stubbs needed a corkscrew to get him off the pitch which made me laugh. 😀

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Probably a bit unfair when you see the start Robinson has had this season too.

Robinson's got the squad, he just needs to learn how to set it up. A situation Goodwin found himself in with us a few times, despite him being the person who assembled the squad. He's got a great start with Aberdeen though, shipping out to high profile players for very decent money, giving him the chance to build his own team off the bat. The interesting thing for me is the types of players he has brought to you. Not sure how many were already on your shopping list, and all Goodwin needed to do was OK them, of if these are players Goodwin has earmarked (perhaps he had an eye on them when he was with us, but they were out of our budget). However, looking from the outside, I'd say he's putting together a pretty decent looking squad.

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Remember this guy? apparently the next back up left back.

NINTCHDBPICT000419660074.jpg.bbef22cda6ecde485e532018a9747b91.jpg

Is that Coulson? If so, it's a tough one to call. Brought in under Stubbs, and played pretty much out of position and disappeared back to Middlesborough within a couple of months. Didn't play badly, but that was in a team royally fucked anyway. Never really sure if he was a left back, which is where he played for us, a left midfielder, or some sort of left wingback. I did a quick check on Wiki and it doesn't look like he's played many games since then.

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

Is that Coulson?

Indeed it is.

Might just be rumours, like the winger signed earlier from Notts County I've not got a clue about him (other than the previously mentioned LC game).

For a bonus point: The last winger we signed from Notts also has a link to St. Mirren , his name?

2 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

For a bonus point: The last winger we signed from Notts also has a link to St. Mirren , his name?

Oh now.. I'm no statto, although I'm sure a few others will have a try.