The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, gazelle83 said:

Duk - Goodwin said not to get carried away, not happening, guy is quality!

I was watching the feed with no commentary admittedly, but I thought that he looked as if he thinks he's a world beater, but he isn't. He tried so many flicks and tricks and only one came off, and that's because he was playing against Stirling Albion. Also seemed to hit both the post and the bar from about three yards out. But I'm obviously going to give him a chance. 

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I was watching the feed with no commentary admittedly, but I thought that he looked as if he thinks he's a world beater, but he isn't. He tried so many flicks and tricks and only one came off, and that's because he was playing against Stirling Albion. Also seemed to hit both the post and the bar from about three yards out. But I'm obviously going to give him a chance. 

He's just in the door, way behind on fitness and keen to impress - a little bit bull in a china shop as a consequence.

He does look to have genuine pace though.............and early impressions are the raw bustling (somewhat unPortuguese looking) nature of his game may mean his performances range from peak Dingus on a good day (when the flicks and tricks somehow work) to an off-form Josh Magennis on a bad day (when nothing will stick).

Doooooooook....

44 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

He's just in the door, way behind on fitness and keen to impress - a little bit bull in a china shop as a consequence.

He does look to have genuine pace though.............and early impressions are the raw bustling (somewhat unPortuguese looking) nature of his game may mean his performances range from peak Dingus on a good day (when the flicks and tricks somehow work) to an off-form Josh Magennis on a bad day (when nothing will stick).

Doooooooook....

I was rather harsh. After speaking to my son who was at the game, I'll retract most of my criticisms. A hat trick against Celtic will do for Dook.

12 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Interesting banner at the game last night

I agree with this in principal as to win trophies you have to beat Rangers/Celtic and we not going to do that with players not being able to play in Cup Finals.

We do need to get back to a level after last season disaster season and it is a major rebuild so maybe short team this is a quick fix solution to get back into Europe. I should also add yesterday Scales was fantastic and looked really good this season so far so hopefully we can sign him in the future but will be annoyed if goes back to Celtic and become a first team regular. 

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Interesting banner at the game last night

Not exactly the best timing for 'hearts and minds' considering early impressions are Scales is more Christie rather than Montgomery on the quality scale.

I'm sure if the only way to get the player right now wasn't on loan, then AFC would have done what it takes (within reason and budget).

12 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Doooooooook....

That’s quite a spectrum! 

On 20/07/2022 at 11:25, tarapoa said:

Doooooooook....

Peak Dingus 🤔

image.jpeg.c4f8f4b35a81dcb5169f948e18245956.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Being linked with Bristol City now too. He must have some agent if there's any truth in that.

He's got a great CV - especially if you have a penchant for the 1983 Super Cup  (or the 2014 Ramsdens Cup final).

When is Connor McLennan likely to take the well trodden path from Pittodrie to Balmoral? He's not getting a game for you boys this season and will surely be loaned out before he's kicked out by Goodwin?

Evan Towler is with us for the year. Was surprised we went for him, thought we'd try and ask for Ngwenya who's got more experience and probably needs a year, or two, in the Championship before challenging for a starting position in the SPL.

Big step up from L2 to the Championship for young Evan and made much harder currently by us having no left winger in front of him. Looks tenacious in the challenge but prone to a clumsy lunge or two. Offensively his delivery needs some improvement but that'll come with practice, time and confidence.

Edited by CoveRangers1922