The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

57 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Reckon he’ll get 45 minutes max, as Jim Goodwin hinted at in his press conference today.

Maybe off the bench for the last half hour. 

Aye i think he'll get the 2nd half. Hancock will start the game and Hayes will move to LB for 2nd half with Duk playing on the left of the 3 behind Ramirez. 

54 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Aye i think he'll get the 2nd half. Hancock will start the game and Hayes will move to LB for 2nd half with Duk playing on the left of the 3 behind Ramirez. 

It definitely sounds like Miovski will be 9, & if Lopes plays it’ll be “off the left” & Vinnie on the right in a 4-3-3. 

I thought Miovski & Lopes would’ve been the other way round but Jim Goodwin’s press conference today said otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It definitely sounds like Miovski will be 9, & if Lopes plays it’ll be “off the left” & Vinnie on the right in a 4-3-3. 

I thought Miovski & Lopes would’ve been the other way round but Jim Goodwin’s press conference today said otherwise. 

All the chat was that Miovski stopped scoring last season because his new coach moved him out wide.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressandjournal.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Faberdeen-fc%2F4498888%2Faberdeen-bargain-signing-of-bojan-miovski-former-boss%2F

Thought for the day 

I frequent, I’m sure as we all have, numerous pubs around Scotland and then some old c**t clocks you’re from Aberdeen and then after some beers & drams, gentle ribbing ensues but then they wax lyrical about how fucking good a team we were and all you can do is nod and smile 

One day that will stop, these old b*****ds, dandies or otherwise, will die and nobody will remember Aberdeen being the best team on the planet briefly 

In our lifetimes, there will be a day we walk into a pub and nobody remembers Gothenburg 
Its quite sobering 

I love meeting these old c***s in the pub 

Up the Dons 

Edited by Frank Grimes

I like the name Luis Lopes - it's got a kind of Nuno Gomes silky technically-gifted ring about it. Whether it transpires the player comes into that category remains to be seen.

Therefore not sure about the Duk thing - I did a google translate hoping it was Portuguese for stallion or the likes, but nothing comes up.  Feels like a kind of $hite nickname compared to his fairly cool actual name.

Edited by tarapoa

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I like the name Luis Lopes - it's got a kind of Nuno Gomes silky technical-gifted ring about it. Whether it transpires the player comes into that category remains to be seen.

Therefore not sure about the Duk thing - I did a google translate hoping it was Portuguese for stallion or the likes, but nothing comes up.  Feels like a kind of $hite nickname compared to his fairly cool actual name.

Translates to Duke doesnt it?

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Strong historical links with Jim Bett and erm Halur Hanson? 

😂

Was having a think about it. It probably makes economical sense for Reykjavik to sell players to us with a decent sell on attached. They'd then surely make more from us selling the player on than they could from their own league?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

😂

Was having a think about it. It probably makes economical sense for Reykjavik to sell players to us with a decent sell on attached. They'd then surely make more from us selling the player on than they could from their own league?

They also take fitness and sports science seriously over there despite the size of the clubs. Excellent loan destination for any youngster with wayward tendencies.