The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

20 minutes ago, G51 said:

Of all the Premiership teams, I think Aberdeen’s business looks the most impressive. Should give Hearts a real run for third this year.

I think we might need a couple out yet and three or preferably four in (central defender, attacking midfielder, striker and a solid journeyman full-back).

Luis Lopez looks like he might be the striker.

If we need to make space then maybe we can get Bates and McLennan out the door. Ideally, I'd probably keep both as squad members.

Watkins I'd keep but if we can replace him with someone that has a better chance of keeping fit without downgrading in quality then that would be fine with me.

35 minutes ago, G51 said:

Of all the Premiership teams, I think Aberdeen’s business looks the most impressive. Should give Hearts a real run for third this year.

Still lacking in depth generally and creativity/fire power in the final third. 

The last few signings plus how well the likes of Ryan Duncan, jack Milne etc integrate will be key in how well we do across the season. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Still lacking in depth generally and creativity/fire power in the final third. 

The last few signings plus how well the likes of Ryan Duncan, jack Milne etc integrate will be key in how well we do across the season. 

All the focus seems to be on that now, going by Jim's comments.

There have been one or two dodgy moments at the back - to be expected with a brand new defence.

It's probably as well that what should be their only proper test in this group is the final match.

Scales was very good bringing the ball out of defence and using it effectively.  Stewart is very brave and combative, but still trying to work out if he is another Youl Mawene type capture from the English lower leagues or has a bit more about him.  Still hopeful on that though.

Neither of them are the tallest though and it's a worry that we could end up being done for that simple reason at times - which is where young Jack Milne and his diet of raw mince could become an asset to the squad.

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm not saying it was a factor, all I mean is that a couple of months Goodwin was talking up McCrorie as captain then he gives it to Stewart.

Why would you even mention a twin going over to a Cup Final to support his brother, as a factor in anything?

3 hours ago, G51 said:

You haven’t watched the 2 cup games then. So far not really that much better than last year. The 2 foreign attackers rumoured to be coming soon and the 3/4 still to be signed will need a good percentage of them to be quality before Aberdeen challenge for anything notable.

3 hours ago, big al said:

You haven’t watched the 2 cup games then. So far not really that much better than last year. The 2 foreign attackers rumoured to be coming soon and the 3/4 still to be signed will need a good percentage of them to be quality before Aberdeen challenge for anything notable.

Jist nae getting the hyper critique - so far we’ve shown a lot mair incision in terms of oor general play. Defensively I think Stewart and Scales are an improved pairing and distribution is better. Aye, we’re a work in process and we could do wi a puckle o additions, but, I can see fae this team is going - much improved on last year.

Edited by 72redz

3 minutes ago, 72redz said:

Jist nae getting the hyper critique - so far we’ve shown a lot mair incision in terms of oor general play. Defensively I think Stewart and Scales are an improved pairing and distribution is better. Aye, we’re a work in process and we could do wi a pickle o additions, but, I can see fae this team is going - much improved on last year.

Played 2 part timers, not in a place to judge yet. Everyone feeling the changes will be for the better but give it a few months then let’s see (hopefully!).

Things looked sexy at the start of the Glass reign but turned out the euro opponents couldn’t have been up to much. 
Put it like this, got a lot more excitement at the start of last season. Hopefully the flair is yet to added to the team though.

Edited by big al