The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I hope so.

I like the look of Scales but my first live look at Stewart tonight and I'm even more worried than the 30 minutes I saw on TV against Peterhead.

Hopefully, just not up to speed yet but that Parkhead match looms large. We've been really unlucky with that fixture first up.

It wasn't great tonight but I think the hardest two fixtures in this group are next. It would be good to see our defence under a bit of pressure before that trip to Weeg.

One thing is for sure, that bringing in loan players from our rivals in crucial positions with unsuitable back-up is not good. 

Scales looks a good player. Stewart is very slow and got beaten for pace a couple of times tonight. Don't rate Richardson or Hancock at all and can see Jota, Furuhashi and Giakoumakis tearing us to shreds in a few weeks.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Ryan Duncan is some player.

Agreed.  Saw him play a couple of times when on loan last season at Peterhead and he was best player on the pitch each time. Have high hopes for him. 

2 wins, 0 conceded. Good start, could still be doing with another striker, a full back(or two), and a creative player. 

That Celtic game is edging closer and I don't think we're ready for it yet. 

Full of optimism for the season ahead tho 💪

I’m sure there are many gears to still go and many bigger tests but I am quite comfortable basking in the glory of comfortable, competent and unremarkable clean sheet victories against sides we really should beat. 

I missed it. 

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m sure there are many gears to still go and many bigger tests but I am quite comfortable basking in the glory of comfortable, competent and unremarkable clean sheet victories against sides we really should beat. 

I missed it. 

Hmmm, my main takeaway from the opening two games is concern. Concern about that defence, including being without the pick of the bunch Scales, going to Parkhead and concern about the forthcoming season as whole.

We definitely need to strengthen at the back.

I'm not sure giving, an unproven in the league, Stewart the captaincy was wise. He should've played it safe and gave it to McCrorie like he hinted to. I don't know if McCrorie's Seville appearance was a factor.

I have a feeling McCrorie will end the season as captain though.

I also think Goodwin is going to drop McCrorie back to central defence for Parkhead. I don't think he trusts Bates.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

22 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Hmmm, my main takeaway from the opening two games is concern. Concern about that defence, including being without the pick of the bunch Scales, going to Parkhead and concern about the forthcoming season as whole.

I'm not sure giving, an unproven in the league, Stewart the captaincy was wise. He should've played it safe and gave it to McCrorie like he hinted to. I don't know if McCrorie's Seville appearance was a factor.

I also think Goodwin is going to drop McCrorie back to central defence for Parkhead. I don't think he trusts Bates.

It's two games in mate. Relax.

Captains are there to collect fines for breaches of dressing room discipline and sorting out tickets for the players families. Who wears the armband on the pitch is not a concern in the slightest.

27 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Way too early for concern or great hopes of glory.

Im not predicting glory, merely stating that winning comfortably with a bit of professionalism is a nice change from what’s been served up recently. 

Not to mention our recruitment isn’t done yet, we have lots of new players to bed in and they’re still at a pre season level of fitness. 

Something I feel worth highlighting (for the guys not there).  It was clear how we want to play. Richardson constantly makes a deep run. He timed it perfectly last night several times but the ball wasn't great or the player didn't play him in. If that ball isn't on then we'll patiently play it about until we find space between the lines.

Looks like the perfect combination of McInnes and Glass if we can perfect it.

There's definitely a place for Hayes in this set up. Really needs to work on the timing of his runs but once he has that he could be brilliant.

47 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's two games in mate. Relax.

Captains are there to collect fines for breaches of dressing room discipline and sorting out tickets for the players families. Who wears the armband on the pitch is not a concern in the slightest.

You could be right, I'm not sure if there's any perks that goes along with being captain.

Just like at any company, if there's perceived perks that goes along with the position or title then people will want it and it will mean something.

Thought Ramadani had a pretty solid debut, certainly more active in the first half but that's to be expected. Couple of nice cynical fouls that were entirely unnecessary last night but definitely needed in the league. Thought he was somewhere between Jack and McLean in terms of style, good range of passing, always moving and made himself available to help folk out of trouble.

Think him and Barron should work pretty well together, Barron more likely to run with it so hopefully shouldn't end up on each other's toes.

Caveat that I also thought Ojo was a class signing in his first couple of games so clearly I know f**k all...