The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

The usual bams will say he's shite but he was a great signing.

Hopefully we won't miss him too much now Barron is breaking through. Felt like Lewis was asked to fit one of the three midfield roles depending on the game. Having a settled three might help.

Aye he was indeed great signing  and stepped up immediately , and .for his age that was well impressive . . Hopefully we have got good sell on fee as he could quite easily do a Hickey.   Think his game is well suited for over there . 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Credit to the club, in times gone by we’d get 4 good years from a player and they’d walk under freedom of contract. 4 years and a significant fee is a tremendous investment. 

Despite the noise from daddy/agent a very good outcome for a central belter from such staunch stock.

A real difference from the fiasco of two AB-postcode born and raised players, brought through the ranks, leaving to Ibrox for the square root of fk all / two soldiers and a sausage.

Hopefully this pipeline of revenue continues both with our youngsters and this new wider-looking recruitment policy.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Credit to the club, in times gone by we’d get 4 good years from a player and they’d walk under freedom of contract. 4 years and a significant fee is a tremendous investment. 

How much was the offer from Watford when the club reneged on their agreement with the player? £2m?

56 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

this was my favourite goal of his in an Aberdeen shirt

My favourite was his second goal against Hacken 

First time in a fitba stadium in 18 months 

Belly full of beer

Dandies destroying some Scandinavian chancers 

I was a pig in shit

Can’t remember what happened after, I’m sure we went onto have a fine season 

47 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

How much was the offer from Watford when the club reneged on their agreement with the player? £2m?

The club didn't have an agreement with the player. 

He'd made a "gentleman's agreement" with a previous manager personally. As said manager wasn't his employer it turned out to be worthless. 

I think it was £2m.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Burnley at Turf Moor and Rangers at Hampden obviously his most memorable contributions, but, partly because I like to be different, this was my favourite goal of his in an Aberdeen shirt:

His best goal in an Aberdeen shirt, aesthetically was at Pittodrie against Hamilton.

First time, 30 yards out, rifled in to the top corner.

For satisfaction, it was the winning goal in the semi final against the scum 

8 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

For satisfaction, it was the winning goal in the semi final against the scum 

Aye

I didn’t make it to hampden that day but watched in a bar 

On the way back from the bog, hadn’t done my belt properly, jumped up when we scored and my fucking jeans fell down 

Didn’t 

Give

A

f**k

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

On the way back from the bog, hadn’t done my belt properly, jumped up when we scored and my fucking jeans fell down 

"and herein finishes the case for the defence, your honor".