The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I still can't find any confirmation of this. Where have you got this info from? A big part of my early Dons years so don't f*ck about here. 

Doing the rounds up here sure it will be confirmed soon . If nae The Brush lives on so .settle.😊

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Scott Burns (remember him?) saying the fee up front is €4,000,000 so that’s closer to £3.4 million 

Is Burns not saying that the total deal is €4m including add ons rather than €4m up front?

Fwiw, the bold Fabrizio has it as €2.5m + add ons. Depends on which 'Italian journalist' you trust.

50 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Is Burns not saying that the total deal is €4m including add ons rather than €4m up front?

Fwiw, the bold Fabrizio has it as €2.5m + add ons. Depends on which 'Italian journalist' you trust.

I’m guessing they’re both reporting the same fee, one from the perspective of aberdeen and one from Bologna…

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Ah shite

Who else will be watching the odd Serie A game next season?

Think he'll flourish at a higher level.  Few times with us he reminded me of Darren Fletcher with Scotland, clearly the best player we had as a 6, 8 or 10 but would try to do them all.

6 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Who else will be watching the odd Serie A game next season?

Think he'll flourish at a higher level.  Few times with us he reminded me of Darren Fletcher with Scotland, clearly the best player we had as a 6, 8 or 10 but would try to do them all.

I got a 'dodgy' TV box that gives me basically every channel in the world. Watched a few Italian games last season. Much better to watch than the crap from south of the border. Possibly enjoyed it because it brought back memories of the Channel 4 days, rolling about the living room floor on a Sunday afternoon, then off down the park to emulate the latest bit of genius from Batistuta, Baggio or Ronaldo. Great times.

On 08/07/2022 at 19:38, Thenorthernlight said:

Duncan might go out on loan in January was the insinuation, obviously dependant on game time & the impact he makes between now & then.

Apart from tomorrow hope Ryan Duncan gets his chance and takes it. After being with us last season could see he has great potential & showed up well for us at times. Thought if we could not get him back maybe a spell at Championship level might have been good for him afraid he may not get a lot of game time at the Dons "yet"

25 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Apart from tomorrow hope Ryan Duncan gets his chance and takes it. After being with us last season could see he has great potential & showed up well for us at times. Thought if we could not get him back maybe a spell at Championship level might have been good for him afraid he may not get a lot of game time at the Dons "yet"

Fair comment, can’t develop and progress sitting on yer arse.

Really, really sad news. One of my favourite players from my era of starting to watch Aberdeen regularly home and away, although he took a fair bit of stick from some supporters. Of course I’ll remember him for scoring the winner in the 1976 League Cup as I watched on drenched from the North Enclosure. But my abiding memory of the Brush is from Tynecastle in March 1971 when we were going strongly for the title. 1-0 down at half time Davie Robb came out for the second half, scored immediately and then hit two more for a magnificent hat trick to win the game 3-1. But etched on my memory is the sight of Davie’s head wrapped in what started off as a white bandage and ended the game almost totally red from a nasty cut to his head, after putting it where not many others would have. For me an absolute Legend. Thanks for the memories Davie.