The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Very good deal for us and Ferguson. Been a terrific signing. Paid 250k in development compensation to Hamilton back in 2018.

I agree with the sentiments that we will miss him however I think it was the right time for both parties that he took the next step in his career.

Looking forward to seeing what else we do this transfer window.

In other news, Jim says he'll play his strongest possible team in the league cup. Won't be using it as warm ups for the league.

Said whoever is in goals Sunday will be his preferred goalie going forward. Was quite critical of Woods, without coming out and saying it.

27 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Said whoever is in goals Sunday will be his preferred goalie going forward. Was quite critical of Woods, without coming out and saying it.

That’s interesting 

I was wondering if he’d give Lewis and Roos two games each in the cup to try and stake a claim 

Have a funny feeling he’ll plump for Roos 

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That’s interesting 

I was wondering if he’d give Lewis and Roos two games each in the cup to try and stake a claim 

Have a funny feeling he’ll plump for Roos 

Aye.

I'd imagine he'd have said something like "Kelle has just joined and it's up to him to challenge Joe etc" otherwise.

Quite gutted about Ferguson despite pretty much knowing he’d be away for months. 

Again though, a great example of how to do transfer business. Signed young and relatively inexpensive, get your chunk of flesh and sell on for a good fee. More great business from us. 

Albeit, not many 18 year olds come ready to play as regularly as Lewis has. Good luck to him. 

11 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Aye was hearing the news about The Brush .. RIP. What character 

I still can't find any confirmation of this. Where have you got this info from? A big part of my early Dons years so don't f*ck about here. 

Edited by kingjoey

Ferguson will be a big miss if it is true he is leaving. Easily been our best player for the last few seasons and one of the top players since he's joined. Ferguson wanted away last season so best he moves on now.

If correct 3 million for a Scottish international is a bit of a joke but sadly this is the Scottish game so players go cheap compared to other countries. No doubt Hamilton will have a selling fee on that as well so might have 20% on it.

I think £3 million is decent?

Club are right to cash in, it’s not good for anyone to have it dragging on for another window or two 

He also doesn’t want to be here 

Ferguson is a very good player but he’s not irreplaceable, particularly with another few million coming into the club 

Ferguson has become a slept on talent because he's been around so long, IMO. You almost forget he's just 22.

7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Club are right to cash in, it’s not good for anyone to have it dragging on for another window or two 

Ferguson is a very good player but he’s not irreplaceable, particularly with another few million coming into the club 

Aye I think £3m is decent. 

A stones throw from 200 appearances and £3m is a cracking return on investment, particularly when he wants away. Not a lot to moan about. 

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Possibly only due their small development compensation after it going to tribunal.

They'll be due training compensation and a solidarity payment. If he was with them 12-18 they'll get at least 2.5 % of the fee under solidarity.

The training element is cost based and wouldn't come out of the transfer fee. The way that's calculated looks like Hamilton (or any club whose former player moves twice before turning 23) get compensated twice for the same training costs. 

Our shite season cost us £2m here easily. With a solid defence behind him and creative players in front Ferguson would have looked much better.

Glad we kept him for the extra year and fair play to him for not sulking. 

38 minutes ago, coprolite said:

His body language, particularly early in the season, suggested he definitely did sulk but crucially he didn’t let it affect his performances. So aye, fair play to him. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

They'll be due training compensation and a solidarity payment. If he was with them 12-18 they'll get at least 2.5 % of the fee under solidarity.

The training element is cost based and wouldn't come out of the transfer fee. The way that's calculated looks like Hamilton (or any club whose former player moves twice before turning 23) get compensated twice for the same training costs. 

Our shite season cost us £2m here easily. With a solid defence behind him and creative players in front Ferguson would have looked much better.

Aye. To clarify I'm saying I don't think there is a sell on. Can't see us being in a rush to chuck one in when Hamilton started asking for £1m 🤣

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I liked him also, but I’d say his strength is that he’s a great all rounder rather than being spectacular at one particular facet of his game - which gives us an opportunity.

Our style of play went downhill when we relied on him as our creative outlet through the middle, in contrast to having a baller like McLean in there and more games turned into midfield shitfests which didn’t help us. Definitely not just his fault, especially because we could’ve looked to sign a proper 10 to help him, but it does mean we can revisit the balance in the middle of the park and think about how we can nail this, which we’ve never really done since Fergie arrived.