The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Both had successful loan spells .Ngwenya maybe getting more  attention cause Kelty strolled league . But ask Stirling fans about Hancock and they was well impressed .
On Saturday showing Hancock looked the better player to me. 

I’ve not seen hancock so can’t comment but it would be strange for them to cancel an imminent loan move to cover an injury then send ngwenya out on loan instead. 

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The tramp said he wanted “two no 10’s” so not necessarily.

Neilson's been quoted as wanting a fast no. 10 who can also play up front.  Doesn't really seem like Ronan's game.

We've also spent 6 figures on this Grant guy. I'd be surprised if we did the same again for an ostensibly similar player.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve not seen hancock so can’t comment but it would be strange for them to cancel an imminent loan move to cover an injury then send ngwenya out on loan instead. 

Unless left back is already one the signings coming in this week . Rumour Cove wanting him on loan .   What Saturday did show me was Hancock and Ngwenya look far better options than McKenzie .   

10 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Unless left back is already one the signings coming in this week . Rumour Cove wanting him on loan .   What Saturday did show me was Hancock and Ngwenya look far better options than McKenzie .   

Aye, I’m afraid Jack hasn’t got “it” to be a Dons first pick left back.

I can’t comment on Hancock & Ngwenya as I’ve never seen them play 

I did buy the stream from Buckie on Saturday, but so bad was the stream I switched off at half time.

Ideal world, a new left back is brought in, & MacKenzie & Hancock get loaned out. 

40 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Neilson's been quoted as wanting a fast no. 10 who can also play up front.  Doesn't really seem like Ronan's game.

We've also spent 6 figures on this Grant guy. I'd be surprised if we did the same again for an ostensibly similar player.

word

Played left back for Stirling according to their fans. Anyone know much about him?
Saw him play last season for Stirling. Came on as a sub and I thought he made an impact, strong runner, liked to get forward.

56 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Miovski's medical is tomorrow.

You can see it coming a mile off...

Sounds like he's still got to go through all the paperwork after that as well so could be a while before he's fully with the squad.

Guest ApathyAFC
11 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Miovski's medical is tomorrow.

You can see it coming a mile off...

See what coming off?

21 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It’s funny how fans see things in the game so differently. McCrorie will start every game where he’s available.

Tend to agree, Goodwin seems to rate him. Do you see him playing midfield? At the moment I’m not sure he gets in ahead of Ramadani, Barron and Ferguson. Can’t see him playing right back after we spent 300k on Richardson. Central defence, can’t see him starting ahead of Stewart or Scales. If we played 3 at the back I could see him being the right sided player out of the three.

10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Sounds like he's still got to go through all the paperwork after that as well so could be a while before he's fully with the squad.

He should be there on Wednesday, according to Goodwin 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, ApathyAFC said:

See what coming off?

It was a joke. Just saying he's going to fail the medical.

45 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Tend to agree, Goodwin seems to rate him. Do you see him playing midfield? At the moment I’m not sure he gets in ahead of Ramadani, Barron and Ferguson. Can’t see him playing right back after we spent 300k on Richardson. Central defence, can’t see him starting ahead of Stewart or Scales. If we played 3 at the back I could see him being the right sided player out of the three.

I dont believe we spent £300k on Richardson.

I'm going to guess McCrorie will start the league season at right back, and move to midfield when Ferguson is sold. Also gives Richardson time to settle unless he is very impressive in preseason in which case Ramadani will miss out.

I agree that McCrorie will start every game but be shuffled about.

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He should be there on Wednesday, according to Goodwin 👍🏻

It was a joke. Just saying he's going to fail the medical.

Aye but he can't come with the squad back to the UK because of the paperwork etc. Goodwin said Brexit means it'll take a bit longer to go through.

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Aye but he can't come with the squad back to the UK because of the paperwork etc. Goodwin said Brexit means it'll take a bit longer to go through.

Ramadani's visa has taken a few weeks. I'm sure there will be a big push to get him in and on the bench for the Peterhead game

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

I imagine that Jim Goodwin sees him as a midfield player. I thought that he did a decent job at centre back most of the time last season, and he can definitely play right back.  I remember that he changed the game against Celtic when they were up 2-0 and coasting at half time, and McCrorie came out in the second half at right back and was fantastic. But with Ferguson going to be gone before the end of the transfer window, McCrorie will almost certainly be a first pick in midfield.