The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*sticks head above parapet*

Jamie McGrath would be a better signing than Connor Ronan.

Not according to St Mirren fans. McGrath had a good 1st season but he was a penalty merchant. Completely went off the boil last season. 

For me, Ronan would be by far the better signing. Seems a better all round footballer and he loves a zinger the the Gorgie b*****d Garden. Give him the captaincy. 

Edited by DunbartonshireRed

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Pretty sure that McCrorie will be our captain in the season coming up.

I am expecting McCrorie to be captain so was looking out for it to be yesterday. Next logical time would be Peterhead game.

Lewis wont play every game this season so i'd be surprised if he's left as captain. 

If the Dons can punt Ferguson for £2.5M+ I would not be surprised if we go for Ronan and McGrath. 

ABZ podcast actually made a good point that outwith his penalty-kick enhanced scoring record, there is nothing in Ferguson’s “data” to suggest a valuation that is going to be any higher than that.

Ramsay apparently was off the scale.

Strange really - but these things apparently do matter in modern day scouting/valuation setting.

8 hours ago, tarapoa said:

ABZ podcast actually made a good point that outwith his penalty-kick enhanced scoring record, there is nothing in Ferguson’s “data” to suggest a valuation that is going to be any higher than that.

Ramsay apparently was off the scale.

Strange really - but these things apparently do matter in modern day scouting/valuation setting.

Don’t need data to see that Ramsays delivery is incredibly accurate and he can use both feet.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, I just think McGrath is better.

That’s fair enough, and I know it’s only a snap shot of a whole season, but in the games I was at McGrath was pretty quiet and nothing about him especially stood out. 
He did slip a pass in for a goal, but it was a pretty simple pass.

Edited by big al

10 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I wouldn’t have McCrorie in the starting eleven next season 

Quite possibly agree. 
Partly depends on what happens with Lewis Ferguson & the midfield. 

If he’s sold we’ll presumably replace him.

So would it be Ramadani, Barron & the new signing as a midfield 3?

I don’t see him getting in the back four. 
Richardson Stewart Scales & new signing (hopefully). 

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Quite possibly agree. 
Partly depends on what happens with Lewis Ferguson & the midfield. 

If he’s sold we’ll presumably replace him.

So would it be Ramadani, Barron & the new signing as a midfield 3?

I don’t see him getting in the back four. 
Richardson Stewart Scales & new signing (hopefully). 

I don’t think a LB will be a priority given the scale of the rebuild and the fact we have 3 who can play there currently. 

Unless ngwenya is a gem I am concerned about that. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t think a LB will be a priority given the scale of the rebuild and the fact we have 3 who can play there currently. 

Unless ngwenya is a gem I am concerned about that. 

MacKenzie is always injured & isn’t good enough. 
Ngwenya I’ve not seen play so can’t comment.  
Hayes isn’t a left back.   
Scales will be left centre back 

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

MacKenzie is always injured & isn’t good enough. 
Ngwenya I’ve not seen play so can’t comment.  
Hayes isn’t a left back.   
Scales will be left centre back 

You’re missing my point. 

It’s a concern for me because of those things you’ve said. I just don’t believe we’ll prioritise a new LB because the club consider all of those players options at LB. 

By my count, not counting youngsters still to break through properly and assuming Ferguson is off:

Goalies: x2 potential 1st team-DONE

RB- Richardson, McCrorie as cover- nice to have more, not a priority

CB- Stewart, Scales, Bates. Need 1 more ideally 1st team quality (assume this could be Dunne) 

LB- McKenzie, Hayes as cover, Scales an option. nice to have more, not a priority

CM- Ramadani, Barron, McCrorie, Polvara. Bit light on options but could suffice. Needs more attacking mentality. Priority. 

Wide- Besuijen, Kennedy, McLennan, Hayes. Only Vinny is first team quality there. Priority. 

Forwards- Watkins, Ramirez, Miovski. Bit light but not a priority. 

My order of priority would be:

Winger

Attacking CM

CB

LB

Big lanky target man

RB

I do remember typing on here in one of McInnes final games that McCrorie should never play RB again, but he looked fairly assured there last season. Don't see him as a CB option though. 

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

By my count, not counting youngsters still to break through properly and assuming Ferguson is off:

Goalies: x2 potential 1st team-DONE

RB- Richardson, McCrorie as cover- nice to have more, not a priority

CB- Stewart, Scales, Bates. Need 1 more ideally 1st team quality (assume this could be Dunne) 

LB- McKenzie, Hayes as cover, Scales an option. nice to have more, not a priority

CM- Ramadani, Barron, McCrorie, Polvara. Bit light on options but could suffice. Needs more attacking mentality. Priority. 

Wide- Besuijen, Kennedy, McLennan, Hayes. Only Vinny is first team quality there. Priority. 

Forwards- Watkins, Ramirez, Miovski. Bit light but not a priority. 

My order of priority would be:

Winger

Attacking CM

CB

LB

Big lanky target man

RB

I do remember typing on here in one of McInnes final games that McCrorie should never play RB again, but he looked fairly assured there last season. Don't see him as a CB option though. 

Mcrorie had very good season with us, i think he will play pretty regularly under Goodwin .   I’ve got nae problem with that but where about we don’t know . But good thing is he will be under lot more pressure if the rumoured signings arrive .    I. think no more defenders will come in   .Hancock impressed me on Saturday at right back ,  his is left footed so he could cover over on the left and the right ,      .couple  the young lads got be given the chance this season .

Hoping McLennan is punted this window .🤞

A winger ,centre forward / prob 2 if Ramirez away .(is he going ..??)

Attacking Mid is where the money should be going .hopefully we get good news this week .this is  a big priority for us .

5 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Mcrorie had very good season with us, i think he will play pretty regularly under Goodwin .   I’ve got nae problem with that but where about we don’t know . But good thing is he will be under lot more pressure if the rumoured signings arrive .    I. think no more defenders will come in   .Hancock impressed me on Saturday at right back ,  his is left footed so he could cover over on the left and the right ,      .couple  the young lads got be given the chance this season .

Hoping McLennan is punted this window .🤞

A winger ,centre forward / prob 2 if Ramirez away .(is he going ..??)

Attacking Mid is where the money should be going .hopefully we get good news this week .this is  a big priority for us .

Any young CB's breaking through? 

Expect Hancock will get the odd half-hour.