The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That was the name I was told yesterday. Really hoping it's not true.

He’s absolutely honking.

As 100% of the Derby fans have said on that Twitter feed.

We should’ve got Hladky even if it was going to cost £250k or whatever. He’s a genuine challenger for no1, probably would’ve been no1

Roos won’t be. 

Poor signing 

37 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He’s absolutely honking.

As 100% of the Derby fans have said on that Twitter feed.

We should’ve got Hladky even if it was going to cost £250k or whatever. He’s a genuine challenger for no1, probably would’ve been no1

Roos won’t be. 

Poor signing 

I remember Peterborough fans (and fans of other clubs he had been at) being pretty negative about Lewis when it was first announced that he was joining us, and much of that was at a lower level than Roos has been playing with Derby. 

Granted, I'm not overly optimistic about it after reading Twitter, but hopefully some straws to clutch. 

20 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I remember Peterborough fans (and fans of other clubs he had been at) being pretty negative about Lewis when it was first announced that he was joining us, and much of that was at a lower level than Roos has been playing with Derby. 

Granted, I'm not overly optimistic about it after reading Twitter, but hopefully some straws to clutch. 

I’m just hoping Joe gets back to his form of a couple of years ago.

Really disappointing we’re signing this guy when Hladky would’ve been a far better bet. 

Was thinking about this particular conundrum with a friend of mine earlier…..

Who was the last decent/quality (based on performance for the Dons) central defender we bought as opposed to “brought through the ranks”?

Just now, Raidernation said:

Who was the last decent/quality (based on performance for the Dons) central defender we bought as opposed to “brought through the ranks”?

Does Russell Anderson count?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Serious question, as I know nothing about him. What are you basing your opinion on?

Seen him 3 or 4 times, including the howler that cost Derby their place in the EPL Play off final.

Seems a bit of a “flapper” despite being same height as Joe Lewis. 

Also, and I know social media tends to see more negative comments, but Derby fans are quite scathing. 

We have cash for once & had a chance to fill a key position with a good keeper for a couple of hundred grand. 
Disappointing. 

22 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Early days of Mark Reynolds?