The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Oh God, what a thought! Just seeing those fixtures makes me realise the struggles and shite that is coming our way again...☹️

I haven't been so unenthusiastic since Craig Brown was in charge.

Cormack has done the exact opposite of what he promised to do. The match day experience is going to be diehards and seagulls I think. 

Diehards and Seagulls: A potted history of 21st Century Aberdeen F.C by Bogbrush1903

Available soon at all good retailers.

I know that I’m always slightly too optimistic, but could you, and folk on here, wait and see what our squad looks like at the start of league season before going totally doom and gloom. No one on here has any idea which players we’ll have in our squad at the end of July.  

Just seen that Callum Hendry has signed for Salford. Didn't even know he was a free agent and he'll probably have been offered more money down there but I'd like to think we were at least enquiring about him. Seems like exactly the type of player we could have used.

7 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:

Just seen that Callum Hendry has signed for Salford. Didn't even know he was a free agent and he'll probably have been offered more money down there but I'd like to think we were at least enquiring about him. Seems like exactly the type of player we could have used.

Don't worry we will better quality than him up front

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know that I’m always slightly too optimistic, but could you, and folk on here, wait and see what our squad looks like at the start of league season before going totally doom and gloom. No one on here has any idea which players we’ll have in our squad at the end of July.  

It's a fair point.

I'm just nervous because I expected, and we were told by Goodwin, that deals would be done by now.

That could mean that the initial targets identified have rejected our advances.

However, just because I'm gloomy now doesn't mean I won't be positive next week.

And I'm still looking forward to the League Cup group matches so I will be more excited once the action starts up again.

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's a fair point.

I'm just nervous because I expected, and we were told by Goodwin, that deals would be done by now.

That could mean that the initial targets identified have rejected our advances.

However, just because I'm gloomy now doesn't mean I won't be positive next week.

And I'm still looking forward to the League Cup group matches so I will be more excited once the action starts up again.

I think that we all expected to see some more signings in by now, but that doesn’t mean to say that we won’t by the end of July. If we don’t by then, then feel free to be all doomy and gloomy. Personally I think that not qualifying for Europe is costing us signings that would have come here if there had been that carrot to dangle, no matter how short our European journey may have been.

Guest ApathyAFC

On RTG one-off them interviewed a guy who knows tobys game well and worrying what he said that sticks in my mind is he can't beat a man and he can sometimes struggle with the easy goals'  tap ins etc. He's also in & out odds starting 11 a lot due to injury and lack of goals/confidence.

Look he may turn out to be good but for potentially 500k-600k it's a bit pricey, if it was between him and bojan I'd go the latter all day. But both will be good 👍🏻

Fixtures out superb . One thing is guaranteed and that’s cracking days out . So canna get depressed about set fixtures .[emoji23].    82 season was when I went  regular home and away and still love it. Before that old man took me . Abody mind there first away? . Easter Road  was mine and still my fav. . Aye Looking back to the 80s coming off train and us all walking to Ibrox and Parkhead and just taking the piss and Miller in control of everything on the pitch oh for that days again. .
Then seeing Echo and the Bunnymen and The Fall live in there prime . Life  was magic  .I’ve Got good feeling about this season  as life to. short to greet about things that prob won’t happen [emoji4][emoji1696][emoji23]
Oh we have tied up quite few signings so think abody be happy this time next Friday . Which is still 5 weeks to the start the season . So what was the panic .  . [emoji6] 

Christmas Day 1971, birthday present, Brockville. 4-0 IIRC and Joey scored

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Why?

We have never had a world cup in the middle of a season and it seemed strange that we are restarting it before the end of the tournament. 

The whole scenario is strange to be honest.  It wasn't who we were playing, it was the fact we were playing at all.

35 minutes ago, ApathyAFC said:

On RTG one-off them interviewed a guy who knows tobys game well and worrying what he said that sticks in my mind is he can't beat a man and he can sometimes struggle with the easy goals'  tap ins etc. He's also in & out odds starting 11 a lot due to injury and lack of goals/confidence.

Look he may turn out to be good but for potentially 500k-600k it's a bit pricey, if it was between him and bojan I'd go the latter all day. But both will be good 👍🏻

The negative bit stuck in your head? No way!

You know in scottish football no one will sign for anyone who doesnt have weaknesses that can be identified? 

4 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Fixtures out superb . One thing is guaranteed and that’s cracking days out . So canna get depressed about set fixtures .😂.    82 season was when I went  regular home and away and still love it. Before that old man took me . Abody mind there first away? . Easter Road  was mine and still my fav. . Aye Looking back to the 80s coming off train and us all walking to Ibrox and Parkhead and just taking the piss and Miller in control of everything on the pitch oh for that days again. .

Then seeing Echo and the Bunnymen and The Fall live in there prime . Life  was magic  .I’ve Got good feeling about this season  as life to. short to greet about things that prob won’t happen 😊🤞😂

Oh we have tied up quite few signings so think abody be happy this time next Friday . Which is still 5 weeks to the start the season . So what was the panic .  . 😉 

Hearts away, 94-95. Late Billy Dodds winner. Nae backs to the seats. Limbs everywhere. Felt like ten rows behind me all fell on top of me. Panicking like f**k, looked up at old man who was hugging strangers then looked at me, pumping his fists.

Hibs beat Dundee United that day. Big crowd of Dandies singing "Hibees, Hibees, Hibees" as we left Tynecastle.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I went to an Hibs vs Aberdeen match at Easter Road in the late 80’s with a lad from work who I was mates with.

I can’t remember the result or much of the game but the shenanigans off the pitch were a site to behold. There must have been about 500 boys in Pringle jumpers, wedge haircuts and adidas trainers knocking 7 shades of shite out of each other.

Sounds like some real brain donors. What a sight indeed.

6 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Abody mind there first away? . Easter Road  was mine and still my fav. . 

The Fall live in there prime . Life  was magic  .I’ve Got good feeling about this season  as life to. short to greet about things that prob won’t happen 😊🤞😂

March 23rd 1985 Hibernian 0-5 Aberdeen was my first away game as 10 year old.

My Dad didn't know anything about fitba but I was obsessed about The Dons so he took me down not knowing that Easter Road was a bit of a powder keg in those days 

Strangely, I remember on the way down the news announcing that the young lad Ben Hardwick, which That's Life had publicised his plight, had passed away. 

I remember it was a bit tasty outside and I believe it was the Raymond Morrell match so the atmosphere soured as the game went on and rumours circulated that he had died (I only found this out a couple of years ago).

I didn't go to my second Aberdeen away until Albion Rovers at Fir Park in 1989.

The Fall were class. I seen them/him nine times but only for the first time in 1997 when the drink had already sunk its claws in deep. I would've loved to have see The Fall in 1984-1986 period.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Hearts away, 94-95. Late Billy Dodds winner. Nae backs to the seats. Limbs everywhere. Felt like ten rows behind me all fell on top of me. Panicking like f**k, looked up at old man who was hugging strangers then looked at me, pumping his fists.

Hibs beat Dundee United that day. Big crowd of Dandies singing "Hibees, Hibees, Hibees" as we left Tynecastle.

Aye mind that bounce .  Nothing beats that moments  of madness 😊

5 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

March 23rd 1985 Hibernian 0-5 Aberdeen was my first away game as 10 year old.

My Dad didn't know anything about fitba but I was obsessed about The Dons so he took me down not knowing that Easter Road was a bit of a powder keg in those days 

Strangely, I remember on the way down the news announcing that the young lad Ben Hardwick, which That's Life had publicised his plight, had passed away. 

I remember it was a bit tasty outside and I believe it was the Raymond Morrell match so the atmosphere soured as the game went on and rumours circulated that he had died (I only found this out a couple of years ago).

I didn't go to my second Aberdeen away until Albion Rovers at Fir Park in 1989.

The Fall were class. I seen them/him nine times but only for the first time in 1997 when the drink had already sunk its claws in deep. I would've loved to have see The Fall in 1984-1986 period.

Aye the Raymond day remember it well . funny looking back to that song about Raymond .99 red balloons . Oh I did love Nena . 

I was was in contact with Raymond last year such great lad who helped raise bit money for a ex ASC lad and great trade union member ✊.who we sadly lost .

Your right The Fall we’re class 👍and we’re still banging even a decade ago . Never knew what you were going get with the legend .    Mark E Smith never be another like him. Mind bumping into him on princess street which was bizarre.  Didn’t know he moved there . Think he stayed in Edinburgh couple years