The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

31 minutes ago, ApathyAFC said:

Better watch the nae sayers will moan that your questioning the lack of signings.

Ramirez has took all reference of afc out of his twitter bio..  The free market is our main way and the lack of signings shows we've failed in either a few or a couple.  goodwin said he wanted most if not all new players in by start of pre season? Cause the targets he had were players coming out of contract in may/june. We'll be going down a list now😒

I don’t think it’s negative to question why virtually nothing has been done to replace the 11-12 players that have left by the time we’re back for pre-season.

It’s pretty poor 

34 minutes ago, ApathyAFC said:

Better watch the nae sayers will moan that your questioning the lack of signings.

Ramirez has took all reference of afc out of his twitter bio..  The free market is our main way and the lack of signings shows we've failed in either a few or a couple.  goodwin said he wanted most if not all new players in by start of pre season? Cause the targets he had were players coming out of contract in may/june. We'll be going down a list now😒

His complete disinterest once Glass was sacked means we should be looking to offload an alleged high wage off the books 

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

His complete disinterest once Glass was sacked means we should be looking to offload an alleged high wage off the books 

MLS window opens in July doesn't it? He'll end up back at Minnesota. That's my guess. He's loved there.

Edited by DunbartonshireRed

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tobias Lauritsen

tobias.thumb.png.08c9824c8df9f338db877bec10fa9c4a.png

Looks a good fit as a target man type?

Great in the air but also important for his team in possession. Maybe not hugely mobile (low def figures + low carrying figure) but gets into good areas.

Slightly wasteful in front of goal last season but not so much as to be a worry. Used right looks like he'd be very effective in this league.

Bojan Miovski

bojan.thumb.png.216d09732bf16409b2ead975aa5797a7.png

Looks a great partner/foil for Lauritsen tbh?

Not as good on the ball or in front of goal but looks like he works like absolute f**k. Your fans will like him better than Lauritsen probably even if he scores less.

So aye, get both and they click then you'll have a good frontline IMO, but as always its unfair completely judging a player on these without seeing them play.

Cheers. Interesting. 

Whats a fair transfer value for these players. Lauritsen has 5 months and Miovski has 11 months.

Guest ApathyAFC
42 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

MLS window opens in July doesn't it? He'll end up back at Minnesota. That's my guess. He's loved there.

He certainly wasn't loved here.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He was.
Until he very publicly & obviously downed tools in February,

I don’t want him back.

Possibly our highest earner, & almost certainly not wanting to be here.

That salary can be put to far better use. 

I liked him a lot when he first came here. Looked the penalty box striker we all wanted. But we never played to his strengths once Hedges left and the public spitting out of the dummy didn't sit well with me either. It can't be the first time a manager he's worked under got sacked. But like you say for the money he's earning we should be able to get at least 1 striker in who can offer us more than what he did. 

Edited by DunbartonshireRed

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There's every chance I'm wrong but he could have just been burnt out. He didn't have a break before pre-season last year.

Partially agree. Not having a couple of back up/alternatives to play some games or to bring on for the last 20/30 minutes was horrendous mismanagement.

But I still think right from the start of games, for the last few months of the season, he chucked it. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you may be being generous to him. 

Don't want to look like a hypocrite if he's staying and gets back on form.

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Partially agree. Not having a couple of back up/alternatives to play some games or to bring on for the last 20/30 minutes was horrendous mismanagement.

But I still think right from the start of games, for the last few months of the season, he chucked it. 

Yeah I'm pretty certain it's the case.

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Don't want to look like a hypocrite if he's staying and gets back on form.

Yeah I'm pretty certain it's the case.

I don’t like to say he just chucked it necessarily. If it was just the performances on the pitch I might give him the benefit of the doubt, but there’s too many off field signs to suggest at the very least he wasn’t happy at the club. 

8 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Fixtures announced today so will Aberdeen FC also announce a new signing? 

hopefully we are stacking the signings for announcing once Ramsay is away

9 minutes ago, d31 said:

hopefully we are stacking the signings for announcing once Ramsay is away

Don't think we will get a stack of new signings. Goodwin did mention at the end of last season he was hoping to get 5 or 6 in this transfer window although he say he wanted the majority in before preseason training starts!

4 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Don't think we will get a stack of new signings. Goodwin did mention at the end of last season he was hoping to get 5 or 6 in this transfer window although he say he wanted the majority in before preseason training starts!

He said in an interview (maybe the hunter one? Can’t remember) that he wanted 6 at the very least. 

There were previous quotes attributed to him saying he wanted 5 but I never actually heard him say it.