Jump to content

The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23


Guest

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Well that  sounds promising and looks improvement on the players that’s have departed .
So hopefully this upgrades continue as weeks go on .. 

Must be a good chance Goodwin sees this guy as a replacement for Ferguson rather than players already departed.  If so I'll be most pleasantly surprised if he's an upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Must be a good chance Goodwin sees this guy as a replacement for Ferguson rather than players already departed.  If so I'll be most pleasantly surprised if he's an upgrade.

Have wait see but going by the. Footage he looks like a Brown replacement to me..and fitter one .

i would expect attacking midfielder will be  big priority for Goodwin .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goodwin saying they're close to signing a "really good" left sided centre back in the next week? One that the supporters would be excited about.

Hopefully that would rule out Dunne.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hunter is obviously good at what he does. Guests seem relaxed and he does manage to ask a couple of cheeky questions that wouldn't usually fly on a club channel.

I wish he'd stop interrupting though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

,Aye some the usual spiel spouted but it’s fitba fit ye expect . One thing is we’re going be lot fitter next season .to many were unfit .    Sounds like few spat the dummy out ….  Regards Goodwin the man will give his all that’s for sure . Time will tell if it’s enough . But life is short  so I’m on the he’s going be roaring success and I’m going  to enjoy my summer .. Signings away start flying in  bring it on . And  I expect couple more to be punted this week .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goodwin is such a likeable bloke. 

I liked the stuff around recruitment, although it wasn't much that had not previously been stated by Cormack. Still, it is good that everybody is heading in the same direction on that. 

It was notable that he offered a strong defence of his approach to the players who he decided not to keep on. He must have been tempted to mention Emmanuel-Thomas by name when he was talking about players being overweight and unprofessional, but he just about managed to avoid it. 

I am glad we get these interviews, even if it means suffering some of Hunter's loquaciousness and general self-indulgence (although he undoubtedly is good at what he does and it is great to have somebody with his profile who is genuinely passionate about the club).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoy Graham Hunter's articles, but some of the points need to be shortened.  Passengers get through security at Manchester airport more quickly than he delivers the questions to Goodwin/Cormack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Hunter is obviously good at what he does. Guests seem relaxed and he does manage to ask a couple of cheeky questions that wouldn't usually fly on a club channel.

I wish he'd stop interrupting though.

Aye, 4 or 5 times JG was midway through making a point & he got interrupted, possibly putting him off saying something of interest. 

Generally a good listen though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I am glad we get these interviews, even if it means suffering some of Hunter's loquaciousness and general self-indulgence (although he undoubtedly is good at what he does and it is great to have somebody with his profile who is genuinely passionate about the club).

Agree what you say, but agree an overall positive.

Chris Sutton mentioned him on 5 Live's Monday Night club this week as someone who once wrote an article about him (as a Chelsea player) that he's never really got over. Kelly Cates (nee Dalglish) conveniently used the link to Hunter to talk about the last club to defeat Real Madrid in a knockout European final on UK-wide national radio ahead of them dissecting the CL final.  For that sort of stuff, I'm glad he's one of us......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Goodwin saying they're close to signing a "really good" left sided centre back in the next week? One that the supporters would be excited about.

Hopefully that would rule out Dunne.

Welcome Gerard Pique!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Fairly uneventful interview. Goodwin came across well without really saying much beyond what you'd expect.

Tend to agree. 

Nothing earth shattering but I do like listening to Goodwin, talks a good game and has something about him that makes me believe him more than I always do with cormack. At least he recognises that he needs to back it up. 

Hunter can be annoying but I quite like his interview style tbh, makes it feel a bit more like a chat and is quite a clever way to relax the interviewee.

When he himself is being interviewed he indulges his own ego a lot more and can be quite annoying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Piss off Cormack ltd said:

So after being told we would have a signing announced this week I think it's yet more broken promises 

He said end of this week or start of next so not yet at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Piss off Cormack ltd said:

So after being told we would have a signing announced this week I think it's yet more broken promises 

Correct. Sack the manager immediately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That interview he did was last Friday.

He cleverly projected forward as he knew it wasn’t being aired til Tuesday.

Else, ok, panic we’re doomed……
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Reina changed the title to The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...