The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Suspect Device said:

I reckon there won't be enough folk with over 450 points. I'll go for phase 2.

I doubt there will be, but you could always give the ticket office a call. I doubt they'll be c***s about it given you're only 7 points shy. Just tell them that you're closer than we were to Ronny Deila's Celtic. 😒

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thing is, it isn’t genius. It was quite obvious really. But it involved hurdles like clearing it with health and safety, police etc and a general desire to improve things. 

You got the impression Milne gave himself a pat on the back just for keeping the lights on. 

Very similar reasoning to the main guy on the Here We Go podcast today who wouldn’t give Stephen Glass any credit for changing things at half time last night. Apparently Glass “got lucky” with the substitutions. That’s a bit like saying if your initial team choice wins a match, the manager got lucky in his team selection. Regardless of what you think of Dave Cormack in general, his Red Shed initiative has, so far, proved to be a major success.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Very similar reasoning to the main guy on the Here We Go podcast today who wouldn’t give Stephen Glass any credit for changing things at half time last night. Apparently Glass “got lucky” with the substitutions. That’s a bit like saying if your initial team choice wins a match, the manager got lucky in his team selection. Regardless of what you think of Dave Cormack in general, his Red Shed initiative has, so far, proved to be a major success.

I wasn’t saying he was lucky? He absolutely deserves credit for implementing it.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Very similar reasoning to the main guy on the Here We Go podcast today who wouldn’t give Stephen Glass any credit for changing things at half time last night. Apparently Glass “got lucky” with the substitutions. 

Think the phrase was 'he gambled', which is different from saying he got lucky. 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He said that he “got lucky”.

You've made me waste six minutes of my Friday night to go back and listen at double speed to see if I'd have to apologise to you, but no, the word 'lucky' wasn't used at all. The word gambled was used about thirty times though.

2 minutes ago, eesh said:

You've made me waste six minutes of my Friday night to go back and listen at double speed to see if I'd have to apologise to you, but no, the word 'lucky' wasn't used at all. The word gambled was used about thirty times though.

I’m certainly not going to do that! If he didn’t say that, I apologise. But the guy certainly wasn’t giving Stephen Glass any credit for changing it, more annoyed with him for not getting it right in the first place. The second presenter, Martin, was much more realistic and was full of praise for the half time changes.

15 minutes ago, eesh said:

Every tactical decision is a gamble then.

Guest Bob Mahelp

That's 3 games in a row that Glass has had to make substitutions at half time and shake things up tactically, because it hasn't gone to plan in the first half. 

He deserves a load of credit for recognising that things weren't right and needed changing quickly, but tbh I'd prefer if we got it right from the beginning. 

There'll be a day soon where we won't get away with a slow, confused start. Tynecastle looms large in my thoughts on this one. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's 3 games in a row that Glass has had to make substitutions at half time and shake things up tactically, because it hasn't gone to plan in the first half. 

He deserves a load of credit for recognising that things weren't right and needed changing quickly, but tbh I'd prefer if we got it right from the beginning

There'll be a day soon where we won't get away with a slow, confused start. Tynecastle looms large in my thoughts on this one. 

I'm sure Glass would as well.

I fully agree though, we have a strange propensity to start out slow and shit, and gradually grow into a game. That is absolutely not a new thing though; it's been going on for years.

37 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

He deserves a load of credit for recognising that things weren't right and needed changing quickly, but tbh I'd prefer if we got it right from the beginning. 

Don’t want to come across as overly negative, but I’ve half written off Tynecastle.

We’ll be back from Azerbaijan, a 9,500km flight from Asia, on Friday morning, and be knackered for the trip to Tynecastle just two days later and most likely rest half a team with a view to the 2nd leg against Qarabag.

Tynecastle & Hearts matters not a f**k in the context of a €5m game against Qarabag. 

52 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No plan survives contact with the enemy 😏

Teddy Jenks seems the least likely of the new Dons players to have his own song but I like a challenge:

Woah, woah, Teddy Jenks is here
He’s as fast as Niall McGinn
Or traffic at the Haudagain

He came to conquer Paramount
And visit Mounthooly roundabout

9 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I'm sure Glass would as well.

I fully agree though, we have a strange propensity to start out slow and shit, and gradually grow into a game. That is absolutely not a new thing though; it's been going on for years.

My main memory of last season was the opposite. I seem to remember that we were on top of a lot of games in the first half but lost our way after the break. Last season being the way it was, I may be totally wrong.

1 hour ago, Deen1903 said:

Teddy Jenks seems the least likely of the new Dons players to have his own song but I like a challenge:

He’s as fast as Niall McGinn
Or traffic at the Haudagain

He came to conquer Paramount
And visit Mounthooly roundabout

Ohhhh teddy teddy,

teddy teddy teddy teddy teddy jenks. 

you’re welcome