The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

40 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I get that not every signing will be a first pick and I'm reasonably happy with most of the signings we have done so far, but Gurr gives me the fear even as a back up. Nothing on his CV to date, at 25 years old, to suggest that he should be remotely capable at this level. 

At least Myles Anderson was only just turned 21 when we took him onboard

I don’t have a problem with ‘squad players’ per se. As long as we’ve actually done some diligence on them being capable. 

In the bad old days we just seemed to sign folk who it didn’t matter how bad they were, if they could be terrible in 5 different positions that was acceptable. 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm pretty sure if we signed a first team level RB we'd have everyone raging that Ramsay wouldn't see much action.

I’d rather Ramsay got a chance before some bloke in his mid 20’s who’s basically not played serious football in his life. 

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d rather Ramsay got a chance before some bloke in his mid 20’s who’s basically not played serious football in his life. 

Well yeah, that's the point. Ramsay can't play every game though. So we're taking in a RB on peanuts who the manager knows. If it doesn't go well then he goes back to Atlanta.

42 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well yeah, that's the point. Ramsay can't play every game though. So we're taking in a RB on peanuts who the manager knows. If it doesn't go well then he goes back to Atlanta.

I suppose.

Just seems like desperation, taking in a player who by this age hasn’t started a “proper” game of football.

33 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I suppose.

Just seems like desperation, taking in a player who by this age hasn’t started a “proper” game of football.

Is it non proper though?

The US league system is completely different. Is there anything to say it would be any worse than our Championship level of football?

Plenty of Dons fans are upset we missed out on Shaun Rooney. Whilst I don't expect this guy to be as good is he really playing at that much of a lesser level than Rooney was last season?

The players coming in and the players we're rumoured to be after are leaving me in a Steve Paterson era state of dispirited disinterest.

I know it will be the usual give them a chance, still early days in the transfer market and you're not really a supporter pish but really if I think of the likes of Brown, Gallagher, Thomas, Woods & Gurr coming in, Ramierez possibly coming in, and the attempt, albeit failed, to entice Robertson. Then add-in the re-signings of finished McGinn and perma-injured Devlin with Ferguson going out then its got all the makings of a very grim bottom six season.

I can't even be bothered arguing about it.

Just now, Bogbrush1903 said:

The players coming in and the players we're rumoured to be after are leaving me in a Steve Paterson era state of dispirited disinterest.

I know it will be the usual give them a chance, still early days in the transfer market and you're not really a supporter pish but really if I think of the likes of Brown, Gallagher, Thomas, Woods & Gurr coming in, Ramierez possibly coming in, and the attempt, albeit failed, to entice Robertson. Then add-in the re-signings of finished McGinn and perma-injured Devlin with Ferguson going out then its got all the makings of a very grim bottom six season.

I can't even be bothered arguing about it.

I think in the main your arguments are with merit. I've also seen us sign plenty players that looked like they should be good and turn out to be hopeless.

I'm hoping there's a couple of exciting names to be announced soon. Cormack may be in love with himself but I don't think he's an idiot. If this first window is terrible then he'll have to deal with a lot of criticism and I'm not sure he's equipped for that.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Is it non proper though?

The US league system is completely different. Is there anything to say it would be any worse than our Championship level of football?

Plenty of Dons fans are upset we missed out on Shaun Rooney. Whilst I don't expect this guy to be as good is he really playing at that much of a lesser level than Rooney was last season?

Most of your fans would've been raging if you'd signed Shaun Rooney 12 months ago, IMO.

58 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Is it non proper though?

So you’d be happy with us bringing in a Scottish Championship defender in his mid 20’s would you?

I wouldn’t. 

So far, Cormack has been little more than bluster & snake oil this summer…. so far. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Its going to be a shit show isnt it?

Nope, and I'm going to point and laugh at all you negative Nancies when we stroll* the top 6.😉

*scrape

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

One who’s 25 & not managed 1 full game of first team football - less than 20 minutes for Atlanta Utd (their FOURTH choice RB, when we decided that our RB, & Atlanta’s 2nd choice wasn’t good enough & loaned him to Atlanta). 
Bizarre doesn’t cover it.

I dunno what's a worse read.  St. Johnstone fans telling St. Mirren fans and each other that Tanser play's better in a 3-5-2 and is suspect defensively repeatedly for approx. 10 pages yesterday and is most likely still going strong now or the "our Int. RB / 2nd choice/ 4th choice" shit regurgitated  on every  AFC forum / twitter ad infinitum at the mere mention of Gurr. 

He could sign on for £850,000.01 and a lifetime family pass at Codonas, be a very average backup RB for a season till he leaves for AC Mill Inn on a free and would still have been as good or better value than Ronald "17 caps for Venezuela , the next Cafu" Hernandez was in the what 6? games he played. 

Let it go imo.✌️

10 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

So you’d be happy with us bringing in a Scottish Championship defender in his mid 20’s would you?

If he  passed the rG xG entrance exam yes.

Edited by TommyDickFingers
dickfingers

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I wouldn’t. 

So far, Cormack has been little more than bluster & snake oil this summer…. so far. 

I'd be willing to give the guy a chance.

There's no point in wasting energy before he's even signed a contract. I'll be the first c**t complaining he's not up to scratch if he flops.

15 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Not sure how he can qualify for a visa? 

If it goes to an appeal the SFA can approve a visa if they don't meet the criteria but they consider them to be an exceptional enough talent. No idea if Ramirez would get it or not but I think the SFA would have the final say.