The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He's also got a questionable character. Lied to afcdanny for the best part of twenty years.

Hahaha f**k sake 😂

We went to the same school and had regular kickabouts. He'd always wear either an Aberdeen or a Scotland top, even before he signed for AFC.  Never mentioned Sevco once. Been on a few drinking sessions with him over the years too.  He even spoke about being proud to play for his hometown club. 

Guess he was a bear in sheep's clothing all along. Shitebag. 

16 minutes ago, betting competition said:

With Brexit is it difficult to sign EU players without any international experience?

Yes. Need to have played in 75% of internationals. 

Maybe with the old man having played in the UK he might have a British mum? 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Yes. Need to have played in 75% of internationals. 

Maybe with the old man having played in the UK he might have a British mum? 

On a positive note the Scottish Market will get more expensive as less players for the English clubs to pick. Lewis Ferguson is now worth 10 million ;)

Edited by betting competition

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

"Devlin has returned to full fitness"

Well there's a first time for everything.

Not sure on validity of all of that article as it says Jack Gurr incoming on loan but he was released by Atlanta, so not sure who he is supposed to be coming on loan from ? 

13 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Not sure on validity of all of that article as it says Jack Gurr incoming on loan but he was released by Atlanta, so not sure who he is supposed to be coming on loan from ? 

The MLS isn't it? Atlanta waived the player but his contract is still owned by the league. I think.

14 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

He was waived, basically unregistered,  hes still an atlanta player as hes still under contract 

So much for it being the end of the squad player era. After some of the initial chat by Cormack and Glass there was a fair amount of backtracking on that during the Cormack/Gunn interview with mentioning of needing to sign players that are not seen as an automatic first pick.

We have some ok cover at RB (Ramsay, McCrorie, Virtanen and Hernandez back in January...maybe) so I don't see the point in signing a RB unless it was an automatic first pick like for example Stephen O'Donnell would have been before he signed on again at Motherwell.

I get that not every signing will be a first pick and I'm reasonably happy with most of the signings we have done so far, but Gurr gives me the fear even as a back up. Nothing on his CV to date, at 25 years old, to suggest that he should be remotely capable at this level. I'm just clinging onto the fact that Glass has worked with him before so at least there's already a relationship there. 

51 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agreed although I'd imagine both are coming in to beef up the squad.

I didn’t think there would be any “beefing up” this summer, as I thought Glass said all new signings would theoretically be 1st team picks?

To hell with the days of Derek Young bonus ball signings

54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agreed although I'd imagine both are coming in to beef up the squad.

One who’s 25 & not managed 1 full game of first team football - less than 20 minutes for Atlanta Utd (their FOURTH choice RB, when we decided that our RB, & Atlanta’s 2nd choice wasn’t good enough & loaned him to Atlanta). 
Bizarre doesn’t cover it.

The other an injury prone wage thief. 
Idiotic doesn’t cover that.