The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Well that was piss yesterday but kind of expected .Also nothing worse than Bus full Tim’s come into your pub before game and there fae Aberdeen..Horrible b*****ds..

Regards McKenzie he was on to a nightmare before game started ,kind felt for the lad .   Out for months and thrown into that sort days . .It is what is. .He’s good lad but should never be a starter for us ..Disappointed Bavidge never played instead Watkins . .  Anyway big summer ahead ,  so many positions need strengthened. ..Hoping see less Hayes next season ,   been fantastic for us ,but now  should be a bench warmer . Attacking left sided player is hopefully on our list …. Hearing some good news regards signings .. Crazy season but fairly enjoyed last few months.   ..I Look forward my summer with club in a great position .  .

Oh Jam Tarts  superb .   they will always be the Walter  Kidd chasing Peter Weir .

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Well that was piss yesterday but kind of expected .Also nothing worse than Bus full Tim’s come into your pub before game and there fae Aberdeen..Horrible b*****ds..

Regards McKenzie he was on to a nightmare before game started ,kind felt for the lad .   Out for months and thrown into that sort days . .It is what is. .He’s good lad but should never be a starter for us ..Disappointed Bavidge never played instead Watkins . .  Anyway big summer ahead ,  so many positions need strengthened. ..Hoping see less Hayes next season ,   been fantastic for us ,but now  should be a bench warmer . Attacking left sided player is hopefully on our list …. Hearing some good news regards signings .. Crazy season but fairly enjoyed last few months.   ..I Look forward my summer with club in a great position .  .

Oh Jam Tarts  superb .   they will always be the Walter  Kidd chasing Peter Weir .

The biggest issue I have with Robson is  that he was one of Mcinnes's nodding dogs on the bench.

He'll not be interested in playing youngsters or attacking football. It'll be direct and winning second balls with a team that's better than most of the opposition.

Great when it comes together with that long winning run but shite on days like yesterday and at home to Hibs etc.

13 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

The biggest issue I have with Robson is  that he was one of Mcinnes's nodding dogs on the bench.

He'll not be interested in playing youngsters or attacking football. It'll be direct and winning second balls with a team that's better than most of the opposition.

Great when it comes together with that long winning run but shite on days like yesterday and at home to Hibs etc.

Still too early to say, Ryan Duncan has had a heck of a lot more minutes than under Goodwin. Suspect if they are good enough they will play and we’ll see more of Bavidge next season.

22 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

He’s definitely a disciple of mcinnes when it comes to playing style, not sure we can say that in youth yet. 

I’ve never been that sniffy on the style of play, I still maintain that it was never the cause of mcinnes’ downfall, it was results. The style of play just exacerbates the pressure from that - see also the final days of Jimmy calderwood. 

I can see it being a problem for him and it increases pressure on results. If we’re mid table and hibs come to pittodrie and run over the top of us next spring then the knives will be out. 

47 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

,Where you getting he won’t be interested in playing youngsters ? Aye i was disappointed Bavidge never played yesterday but don’t buy  that.  ..regards attacking football .   Look this last few months been about one thing and that’s winning games nothing else. .It was not the time to stamp down particular style fitba . Early days with Robson , I’ve seen lot more positives than negatives with him .that’s good start .  But he certainly nae going be ticking every box with only few months in the job….But I’m confident we will be good side watch next season .

Edited by logie skid boys

It’ll be interesting to see how Robson shapes up the squad and the team next season.

I think there’s been an element of ‘needs must’ in his style of play and formation so far. Sorting the defence was the number one priority if we were to do anything for the remainder or the season and he’s only got a handful of players he can trust to perform. That said, I don’t see him becoming dramatically more expansive next season. There is something refreshingly simple about it though, solid structure at the back and get the ball to our forward players quickly. Common sense Football, not asking English lower league cloggers to play out.

Just look at how he reacts to in game situations, lads. Hayes was putting in horrendous performances, didn't take him off at all. Sacrificed a young lad regardless of how they were playing.

You can say you know for a fact he'll do this or that. It's very easy to say what you'd do until you're properly in amongst it. He's three points to win and there hasn't been very managers in Scottish football this past decade who are willing to trust young players. They'll go with experienced pros who've proved over a sustained period that they aren't good enough.

Goodwins squads were far more youthful.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Just look at how he reacts to in game situations, lads. Hayes was putting in horrendous performances, didn't take him off at all. Sacrificed a young lad regardless of how they were playing.

You can say you know for a fact he'll do this or that. It's very easy to say what you'd do until you're properly in amongst it. He's three points to win and there hasn't been very managers in Scottish football this past decade who are willing to trust young players. They'll go with experienced pros who've proved over a sustained period that they aren't good enough.

Goodwins squads were far more youthful.

No one is speaking with any certainty on this issue other than you. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s just your opinion. 

Only kidding, it’s Sunday and I’ve been skim reading and missed that. 

Carry on. 

Too much time on my hands.

Day 2 of a cheerleading competition for my girls that we had to leave for at 5am yesterday.

A 6am start today. 

2 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

,Where you getting he won’t be interested in playing youngsters ? Aye i was disappointed Bavidge never played yesterday but don’t buy  that.  ..regards attacking football .   Look this last few months been about one thing and that’s winning games nothing else. .It was not the time to stamp down particular style fitba . Early days with Robson , I’ve seen lot more positives than negatives with him .that’s good start .  But he certainly nae going be ticking every box with only few months in the job….But I’m confident we will be good side watch next season .

The way Celtic were ripping us apart yesterday I don't blame Robson for not chucking Bavidge on to that. Where I do have an issue is bringing in Morris and Richardson who are Highland League standard at best

32 minutes ago, coprolite said:

People talking about the squad and signings for next season seem to be overlooking the fact that Wycombe Wanderers' players' player of the season 2019/20 is still under contract for another two years

12 months is it not?

He’ll be away, no question 

Plenty folk commenting on the style of football seen so far under Barry Robson.

There’s no doubt it’s far more direct. 
I’d say too direct sometimes.

But, we need to see how we are when he has “his” squad assembled for next season.

I personally don’t see the style changing. 
His under 18 side were similar. 

Regardless, if the results are good, then no-one will comment negatively on the style. 
It’s when things go Pete Tong for a few weeks he’ll get analysed.

I do fear for us in Europe to be honest - it could be verging on the embarrassment of the **** last year. 

As Robson himself said, “we need to be winning matches”.  
If we are more often than not, the Dons fans will be happy.

53 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

But, we need to see how we are when he has “his” squad assembled for next season.

Regardless, if the results are good, then no-one will comment negatively on the style. 

I do fear for us in Europe to be honest - it could be verging on the embarrassment of the **** last year. 

I’ve seen someone on twitter say similar. It’s far too early to be making statements like that imo.

Four games against better sides, three of which were away from home. One win against them and another similar performance away from home when we should have had a penalty. Two poor away performances and results at Parkhead. Not terrible considering what Robson’s had available outside his best 11 and what’s happened this season. 

Let’s see what happens over the summer before worrying about that.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I'm worried about Europe too because I don't think we'll be ready for it squad wise and that it will have an impact on our domestic campaign.

However, it's a Catch-22 as it was also important from a financial perspective that Hearts didn't bank more Euro money whilst we missed out again (although they may still get group football and we're not confirmed yet).

Therefore, maybe it's a necessary evil that we suffer a few Euro hammerings in this forthcoming season and maybe it'll stand us in good stead for future seasons.

Just as long as it doesn't have a negative impact on our domestic form.

However, the manner of the two defeats at Parkhead under Robson is slightly worrying in my opinion.

Edited by Bogbrush1903