The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

How has that managed to have been leaked?

Someone will be in trouble 

Is that Harry boy on Twitter not bad for this?

Sure he leaked the Stevie May to us stuff too.

I think Devlin is a good addition on a free.

The captain of Livingston and has a nasty streak. Always caught my eye for Livingston when he played against us.

McCrorie has been a good player for us overall however Devlin is a natural right back/wing back and his metrics show he is a very consistent performer in this league. Above average in attacking stats. The fee from McCrorie should help with the rebuild this summer. I anticipate Devlin will be as equally good as McCrorie has been for us.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that Harry boy on Twitter not bad for this?

Sure he leaked the Stevie May to us stuff too.

I think Harry is a woman and is in no way, shape or form in the know 

The account is just very good at posting rumours/revelations very quickly 

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Who are the two guys either side of him?

No idea, assume it’s maybe his agent and someone else or something like that. I’m guessing it’s probably been leaked accidentally by someone on their end rather than the club.

Just now, AngusTheBull said:

In less good news, looking like Darren Mowbray is about to join Southampton.

Not ideal timing given the number of loan players we have and rebuild needed this summer under a rookie manager…

😬

You'd hope that a lot of the targets would have already been identified for the summer but yeah not great timing.

That's really bad news.

Remember how it worked out for the inexperienced Glass without a head of recruitment.

You'd have thought targets had already been identified for this summer. We've just hired an additional 4 new scouts across Europe too.

Gunn needs replaced and a new HoR sourced ASAP.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

No idea, assume it’s maybe his agent and someone else or something like that. I’m guessing it’s probably been leaked accidentally by someone on their end rather than the club.

Photoshopped?

Mowbray leaving is a blow however when he joined he was inexperienced as a HoR. The obvious signings Duk, Miovski, Ramadani and Roos have been great signings although he's also sourced some duds in Morris, Stewart, Richardson and Cal Robert's. 

He's left the club in a better shape recruitment wise than when he joined. We've an additional 4 scouts across Europe. Gunn/the club have some knowledge now of data analysis in regards to recruitment. Aberdeen retain all the information he's gathered in our scouting database.

We'll be fine for this coming window. He's already identified players for us to pursue this summer (we are in talks with some of them). It's now down to Robson and the club to attract these players to Aberdeen.

He leaves the club with a good rapport and therefore we have a good contact at Southampton. The St Mirren lad on loan from them (Thierry Small) shows there's players who could be of interest to us.

We all know that if players and staff perform well they will likely attract attention. It's probably the best time for him to leave as it allows the club to begin the search for a replacement over the summer and have them in place for September when they are likely to begin the hard work of finding players.

19 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Just realised this is Martins son (ex Forfar).

What is the chances of this boy going on loan to us, especially with Barry Robson (ex Forfar), going there at a similar age to kick start his career.

Is he too good for us?

16 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Just realised this is Martins son (ex Forfar).

What is the chances of this boy going on loan to us, especially with Barry Robson (ex Forfar), going there at a similar age to kick start his career.

Is he too good for us?

I doubt he'll go on loan, he's highly thought of and has come off the bench for a few cameos this season. Especially if we lose duk and/or miovski. 

1 minute ago, GTG_03 said:

I doubt he'll go on loan, he's highly thought of and has come off the bench for a few cameos this season. Especially if we lose duk and/or miovski. 

aye, was thinking exactly that. But as my Grandad used to tell me 'if you don't ask, you'll never get and if you do ask,  you'll get told to f**k off'

18 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The captain of Livingston and has a nasty streak. Always caught my eye for Livingston when he played against us.

McCrorie has been a good player for us overall however Devlin is a natural right back/wing back and his metrics show he is a very consistent performer in this league. Above average in attacking stats. The fee from McCrorie should help with the rebuild this summer. I anticipate Devlin will be as equally good as McCrorie has been for us.

Don't think he does actually and that's probably been to our detriment over the past 2 seasons. Lots of passion but possibly too nice when compared to some of the other captains in the league. 

I think he will be a good signing for Aberdeen where he's protected around better defenders. Teams appeared to be targeting him this season which I hadn't noticed in previous years. If he's protected, he can just focus on bombing down the right and putting in cutbacks (which are typically pretty average, get used to that). 

That said, I thought JET would work out for Aberdeen so what do I know?