The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Merkland Red said:

The hat isn't all bad. Some brilliant stuff about the youth teams on there.

Go on...

Nothing horrendous, but there’s a fairly robust defence of mcinnes and a heavy dose of ‘what are these fans expecting?’ About it. Will definitely come back to haunt him if he goes on a bad run. 

Robson till the end of the season it looks like. 

Not convinced this is the right move. Smacks of short-termism. If you are going to give him the job then just give him it full time and let him crack on with the summer recruitment. As it stands right now, all that is still up in the air because there's no guarantee Robson or Agnew will be here. Cheap option. Not surprised in the slightest though. It's the Aberdeen way. 

I really hope it works out for Robson as he comes across as a really nice guy. If I was Robson, the first thing i'd be telling Burrows is to give Steven Gunn the bullet. 

7 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Robson till the end of the season it looks like. 

Not convinced this is the right move. Smacks of short-termism. If you are going to give him the job then just give him it full time and let him crack on with the summer recruitment. As it stands right now, all that is still up in the air because there's no guarantee Robson or Agnew will be here. Cheap option. Not surprised in the slightest though. It's the Aberdeen way. 

I really hope it works out for Robson as he comes across as a really nice guy. If I was Robson, the first thing i'd be telling Burrows is to give Steven Gunn the bullet. 

A lot of things can be levelled at cormack, but cheap isn’t one of them. 

I hope Cormack knows what he's doing - if the reports are true then we need more context than "he's got it till the end of the season" as otherwise it raises more questions than it answers.

Far less against Robson than I was though. The support is pretty united and even those who aren't as convinced probably realise he's doing a good job for now. I get the feeling that he's a cut above the likes of Hammell and Fox, even without the presence of Agnew which by all accounts is proving to be a great bit of business.

You should never judge a rookie manager until youve seen how they react to a bad run of form, IMO.

Relatively "easy" to get an underperforming squad turned around simply by giving them some freedom and fresh ideas to help them out a rut, but how do you adjust when things stop working and youve to adapt?

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Wasn't he a "good coach" apparently?

So was Stephen Glass apparently. Why would we bring in another coach for 9 games? If Agnew is staying i don't see the need for Fox. Pieces being laid into place for next season. Steve Agnew leaves and Fox becomes Assistant to Robson. If that turns out to be the case the club can get in the fucking bin. 

17 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

So was Stephen Glass apparently. Why would we bring in another coach for 9 games? If Agnew is staying i don't see the need for Fox. Pieces being laid into place for next season. Steve Agnew leaves and Fox becomes Assistant to Robson. If that turns out to be the case the club can get in the fucking bin. 

Pretty sure that we all know that Steve Agnew is not going to be at Aberdeen past the next few weeks.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Pretty sure that we all know that Steve Agnew is not going to be at Aberdeen past the next few weeks.

The P&J (yeah, I know) are claiming "Agnew has committed to remaining with the Dons beyond the end of this season, should Robson succeed in landing the role on a longer-term basis".

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

We've had 2 coaching staff leave, one come in.  Someone needs to put the cones out. 

4 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Having a pub discussion with a mate. Is Niall McGinn the only Aberdeen player to score at a major international tournament?

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I think you are probably right.