The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Interesting interview with Mattie Pollock in the Scotsman, genuinely sounds like he’s loving his time here and working under Robson.

He’d be great to get on loan for another season (can’t see us getting him permanently unfortunately), so hopefully Watford’s next new manager once Wilder gets the chop won’t fancy him.

On a side note, I saw Lewis Ferguson scored at the weekend and has been Bologna’s Man of the Match for two games running (including against second placed Lazio). Bet he’s glad he didn’t go to Watford…

Just now, AngusTheBull said:

Interesting interview with Mattie Pollock in the Scotsman, genuinely sounds like he’s loving his time here and working under Robson.

He’d be great to get on loan for another season (can’t see us getting him permanently unfortunately), so hopefully Watford’s next new manager once Wilder gets the chop won’t fancy him.

On a side note, I saw Lewis Ferguson scored at the weekend and has been Bologna’s Man of the Match for two games running (including against second placed Lazio). Bet he’s glad he didn’t go to Watford…

I hope we have a substantial sell-on clause for Ferguson.  Although some of the big Italian clubs (Inter/Juve) seem to be a little skint at the moment so perhaps a move to another country is possible if Bologna decide to sell him this summer.

26 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

I hope we have a substantial sell-on clause for Ferguson.  Although some of the big Italian clubs (Inter/Juve) seem to be a little skint at the moment so perhaps a move to another country is possible if Bologna decide to sell him this summer.

There were a few reports at the time that we’d agreed some sort of sell on agreements but no clarity on the details from what I recall.

He was linked with Juve in the Italian press previously (usual paper caveats apply) but you’d imagine the likes of Roma/Lazio etc could still pay a decent fee if he were to stay in Italy.

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

There were a few reports at the time that we’d agreed some sort of sell on agreements but no clarity on the details from what I recall.

He was linked with Juve in the Italian press previously (usual paper caveats apply) but you’d imagine the likes of Roma/Lazio etc could still pay a decent fee if he were to stay in Italy.

If there's no sell on we'd still get a solidarity payment if he went cross border i think. Only a couple of percent but we already recouped his transfer fee. 

On 16/03/2023 at 19:20, Caledonian1 said:

Aye, 40 years ago tonight I will have been taking my seat in the South Stand.....never imagining what would unfold in the next couple of hours....Pittodrie's finest ever evening

image.jpeg.bf97afbe6585deefcbc8684ad80a1f09.jpeg

something that slipped my mind until last night...I was first to get tickets for this game.  Queued all night even though there was no need to as a voucher system was in operation.  Just wanted to be first.  Picked up my tickets and was cornered by the Evening Express photographer....still have the photo from that nights front page somewhere.

7 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

something that slipped my mind until last night...I was first to get tickets for this game.  Queued all night even though there was no need to as a voucher system was in operation.  Just wanted to be first.  Picked up my tickets and was cornered by the Evening Express photographer....still have the photo from that nights front page somewhere.

Sounds suspiciously like an elaborate alibi. ….. slipped your mind. until last night , eh ? …..aye, right. 

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Game against Rangers to kick off at 1630 on the Sunday. What could possibly go wrong?

Last game before the split. If we need a result to make the top six then we’ll know exactly what we need to do since the rest of the teams play on the Saturday.

34 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Last game before the split. If we need a result to make the top six then we’ll know exactly what we need to do since the rest of the teams play on the Saturday.

And it will be our Cup Final...

51 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Looking at his comments, is it too soon to say we should be looking at signing Gorter permanently?

Given he just signed a new contract would it be remotely affordable for us?

Would have to imagine someone in the Dutch u21 squads would probably command a record transfer fee for us nowadays.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Given he just signed a new contract would it be remotely affordable for us?

Would have to imagine someone in the Dutch u21 squads would probably command a record transfer fee for us nowadays.

You wouldn't think so but his lashing out at Ajax and suggesting he may need to move might make things easier.