The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can we talk about duk? 

In terms of plucking a player from obscurity, this guy is up there with one of the clubs best scouting achievements. Or is that too much? 

It makes up for the decisions of Mowbray to recommend Richardson, Roberts & Morris (£500k). 
Not one in the 20 man squad (I know Morris is injured but doubt he’d have been in regardless). 

Duk will for for multi millions (quite soon sadly). 

We should be looking for a record fee potentially when the time comes. 

Great result.

Let’s not get too carried away. We could easily have lost that tonight. 
Dundee Utd should’ve been a couple ahead at HT?

And at 1-1 you couldn’t begrudge Dundee Utd that. 

Still not convinced Robson should be manager long term, but he does have them showing more fight & grit than Goodwin managed. 

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Whatever it takes, just make sure he is here next season - and the one after that. Sign him up. 

Is it just me that thinks, from a purely football point of view, he has been pretty mediocre since coming back 

56 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I read about it on the match thread, but this is a depressing listen. Goodwin has basically been nothing but complimentary about us as a club and a fanbase since leaving. Senseless behaviour. 

Dreadful, CCTV footage should aid investigations and get culprits caught 

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Is it just me that thinks, from a purely football point of view, he has been pretty mediocre since coming back 

He has had good games and not-so-good games since returning, I think. He was excellent against Livingston, and probably not as good tonight. But, even when he isn't performing brilliantly, he still adds a lot of value in terms of leadership and tenacity. We are definitely a much better and more balanced team with him than without him. 

13 minutes ago, starryfish said:

No, it’s not only you. Passion is still there but  the Engine has gone.

20 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Most of today's game passed him by, imo. He was a bit anonymous in the first half. Would have hoped he'd influence the game a bit more, especially when we looked a bit ropey first half

Goodwin's talk during the week was utterly delusional and probably led to a lot of the vitriol directed his way today. If he was hit by a coin, that is totally unacceptable. If he'd kept his trap shut I guess we'd have been ambivalent towards him, as it was, I was full seething in his direction. 

He tried for us, it didn't work, but he should've been gone after 0-5 at tynecastle. 

49 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

No, it’s not only you. Passion is still there but  the Engine has gone.

Exactly this.

He doesn’t get about the park like he did first time round… and it was his energy that retrieved balls he’d invariably given away in the first place. 

He’s definitely “lost a yard”.

I’m not sure we should be handing out expensive contracts on passion alone. 

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Exactly this.

He doesn’t get about the park like he did first time round… and it was his energy that retrieved balls he’d invariably given away in the first place. 

He’s definitely “lost a yard”.

I’m not sure we should be handing out expensive contracts on passion alone. 

If he’s bought a house in Nairn, I think it’s ICT he will or should go to next season. In the Championship.

Sorry to have to say that but that’s what I’ve been thinking for quite a while now

Anyone else slightly concerned we might get suckered into appointing robson? Particularly if we beat hearts. 

I just have a bad feeling that he’s not the man. Last night could’ve gone badly if United didn’t waste their early pressure. 

I think we’ve seen work rate and energy and back to basics but nothing much beyond that. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone else slightly concerned we might get suckered into appointing robson? Particularly if we beat hearts. 

I just have a bad feeling that he’s not the man. Last night could’ve gone badly if United didn’t waste their early pressure. 

I think we’ve seen work rate and energy and back to basics but nothing much beyond that. 

He's definitely not the man. 

Still rather him than Robinson. Remember the St Mirren fans saying we wouldn't be able to get him a month ago 🤣