The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

http://michniewicz.com.pl/en/about-me/quotes/50

“The championship and its defence are very similar to a beautiful woman”

KIXF_JGf_400x400.jpg

He's a no from me. And from the sounds of it, wouldn't fit the club philosophy. Hopefully it's just some media shenanigans on their end to get his name out there

Bosnich is right - we basically collect European honours.

Once the Cormack regime achieves their aim of getting us into the Top 100 clubs in Europe - if we're being realistic, the Conference is the one we target.

Just wondering, how many of Aberdeen's league games this season have ended with 11 v 11 ?

For balance, I'm also wondering how many of St Mirren's league games have ended 11 v 11 ?

Red card mania. Surely VAR has to be the catalyst.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Just wondering, how many of Aberdeen's league games this season have ended with 11 v 11 ?

For balance, I'm also wondering how many of St Mirren's league games have ended 11 v 11 ?

Red card mania. Surely VAR has to be the catalyst.

There’s been a sending off in six of our 24 league games this season (including all three Aberdeen vs St Mirren games) but I think Wednesday may have been our first one awarded via VAR (I think Stewart’s in Paisley was awarded by the ref with the penalty given via VAR).

We also had a sending off in the league cup semi so that’s 4 in the 11 games post-WC.

From a quick check 9/23 of St Mirren’s league games have had a red card awarded during them but no idea how many what VAR involved.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I see that Jay Gorter has got Scottish football sussed pretty quickly. “Scotland’s top three teams are Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen.”.

Hearts fans incoming….

… Quicker than you can say relegation or administration 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

Not a surprise

Clear cut case.

Why did the Dons bother to make this appeal ? Wasted money.

Presumably to appease their 'red-tinted specs' fans and to build up the hysteria that the authorities are anti-Aberdeen. 

I agree that Wednesday's referee was poor, but anyone who can't see that McCrorie's forearm smash merited a straight red card is deluded.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Will the st Mirren fans promise to calm down about Aberdeen once they’ve played their next fixture? 

Just as soon as our concerns for the mental health of the Aberdeen lunatic fringe have been eased.

Seems a while away though.