The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I must admit, I'm not overly enamoured with the position we're in. I understand that's obvious for all. 

Arguably a worse position than this date last year?

Luckily enough, I don't think anyone below us in the table has significantly strengthened. 

I'd say the squad is much better and there's more shite below is this season.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd say the squad is much better and there's more shite below is this season.

Middle to front absolutely. 

Back 4 yet to be seen, we’re rolling the dice a bit on the new lads but suppose not much option. Best for all involved that Stewart is away, that relationship was broken. I never feel great about that as he seemed a decent guy. But really he was done the moment he chucked the semi final. 

Whatever the story with the new guys, we’ve left ourselves an awful lot to do in the summer again. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Middle to front absolutely. 

Back 4 yet to be seen, we’re rolling the dice a bit on the new lads but suppose not much option. Best for all involved that Stewart is away, that relationship was broken. I never feel great about that as he seemed a decent guy. But really he was done the moment he chucked the semi final. 

Whatever the story with the new guys, we’ve left ourselves an awful lot to do in the summer again. 

The back 4 was poor last year too. 

I was reading something after the Darvel game. Stats wise, Glass was brilliant but we didn't take enough chances and had a bad goalie. Very simplistic to say but it would have been interesting to see how it went if he was given another season with a proper recruitment team in place.

46 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The back 4 was poor last year too. 

I was reading something after the Darvel game. Stats wise, Glass was brilliant but we didn't take enough chances and had a bad goalie. Very simplistic to say but it would have been interesting to see how it went if he was given another season with a proper recruitment team in place.

Agreed but the current back 4 is now a total unknown, hence it’s a gamble. 

I’ve had similar thoughts on glass, what’s come out about the recruitment while he was in make it seem like he was fairly hard done by. But not sure if that’s rose tinted specs. However, there were definitely some performances under glass which suggested we had a clear plan (ibrox being the stand out). Don’t remember one game under Goodwin that had me feeling we were clearly onto something. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agreed but the current back 4 is now a total unknown, hence it’s a gamble. 

I’ve had similar thoughts on glass, what’s come out about the recruitment while he was in make it seem like he was fairly hard done by. But not sure if that’s rose tinted specs. However, there were definitely some performances under glass which suggested we had a clear plan (ibrox being the stand out). Don’t remember one game under Goodwin that had me feeling we were clearly onto something. 

Here's what I read.

Not expecting everyone to read it all as it mentions xG for a start 🤣

Be interesting to see the team tonight. Expect Pollock and the goalie to be ok but this McDonald guy feels like a total panic signing, the last one in the shop type of deal. 

Would have liked Richardson and that shite wee winger to go on loan too but I guess no one was that desperate. Can we still loan out to the lower divisions?

50 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Be interesting to see the team tonight. Expect Pollock and the goalie to be ok but this McDonald guy feels like a total panic signing, the last one in the shop type of deal. 

Would have liked Richardson and that shite wee winger to go on loan too but I guess no one was that desperate. Can we still loan out to the lower divisions?

You'll have to be specific.

I'm wondering if a few of the young lads will get a chance. Ideal with Robson in charge.