The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

51 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It doesn't matter who our new manager is unless we get some defenders in while the window is open. 

Its a very strange blind spot Goodwin has. One season we went from January to the end of the season with only five first team defenders and keeping our fingers crossed we had no injuries or suspensions.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Its a very strange blind spot Goodwin has. One season we went from January to the end of the season with only five first team defenders and keeping our fingers crossed we had no injuries or suspensions.

Aye, but we needed space in our squads for sixteen wee left-sided midfielders. 😜

18 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Entirely consistent with his statement that the defence would be easy to fix, and with the shiteness of our defence. 

He appears to have no idea what a defence is all about. 

17 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve been pretty vocal about Jim but I can’t say I ever enjoy it when it gets to this point. He seems like a decent guy and hope it works out for him somewhere. 

Also about the most authentic interview I’ve seen from cormack tonight too. 

Agree with the part about not enjoying things getting like this but Goodwin has displayed a remarkable amount of arrogance/stubbornness in his time with us that did him no favours with the support. 

I understand the criticism Cormack is getting but I genuinely think he gives a shit and isn't just there for his ego. I think he realises now that things are going to have to be done differently off the pitch, fingers crossed we can get the right people in. I hope he has also spoken to Mr Blank about giving us a transfer budget boost as we most definitely need it. 

4 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Agree with the part about not enjoying things getting like this but Goodwin has displayed a remarkable amount of arrogance/stubbornness in his time with us that did him no favours with the support. 

I understand the criticism Cormack is getting but I genuinely think he gives a shit and isn't just there for his ego. I think he realises now that things are going to have to be done differently off the pitch, fingers crossed we can get the right people in. I hope he has also spoken to Mr Blank about giving us a transfer budget boost as we most definitely need it. 

Cheers. Needed a giggle today.

5 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

How long is Roos out for? I’ve managed to miss the details regarding his injury.

The amount of loan players we have is quite a concern and has been all season. For me, we should only be loaning in players if they are significantly better than what we’d be able to attract permanently or as emergency cover. The likes of Scales and Coulson are nowhere near good enough (nevermind going into the merits of loaning players from either of those two) while Clarkson and Coulson are utter shitebags who clearly don’t fancy any sort of fight.

5 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

It’s all fairly unpleasant and ugly how this has ended, however, Goodwin should have resigned prior to yesterday so can’t say I’ve too much sympathy.

I do wish him well moving forward as he comes across as a decent bloke, but it’s been clear for a while the job is too big for him and think his career will be better served by bringing in a number 2 who isn’t an absolute charlatan.

Edited by AngusTheBull

8 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

How long is Roos out for? I’ve managed to miss the details regarding his injury.

The amount of loan players we have is quite a concern and has been all season. For me, we should only be loaning in players if they are significantly better than what we’d be able to attract permanently or as emergency cover. The likes of Scales and Coulson are nowhere near good enough (nevermind going into the merits of loaning players from either of those two) while Clarkson and Coulson are utter shitebags who clearly don’t fancy any sort of fight.

2 months I believe.

Loans can definitely be useful to fill gaps in the team but we shouldn’t be relying on them so heavily. When things aren’t going well, we’re expecting a bunch of guys who won’t be at the club in a few months to dig us out. 

Not ideal having to bring in a loan keeper but with the regression of Joe Lewis, we need someone else in one way or another.

5 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

...and goalie because Lewis is no longer fit for purpose 

I was surprised at how bad he was yesterday. 

I was at a League Cup tie that Aberdeen won on penalties 3 or 4 seasons ago where Lewis was the difference between the two teams. What happened to him? 

7 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2023/01/29/dons-confirm-interim-coaching-team-2/

The involvement of Steve Agnew would suggest that they’re going to take their time, which is a good thing.

His recent jobs have included working with Steve Bruce who is currently without a club…

Let's hope that he doesn't end up in the north east again...

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

It’s all fairly unpleasant and ugly how this has ended, however, Goodwin should have resigned prior to yesterday so can’t say I’ve too much sympathy.

I do wish him well moving forward as he comes across as a decent bloke, but it’s been clear for a while the job is too big for him and think his career will be better served by bringing in a number 2 who isn’t an absolute charlatan.

Goodwin arrived with big ideas of being the main man, unafraid of making the big calls whilst decimating the squad of Stephen Glass, however, as I said at the time, the true test was how quickly he addressed defincies in his own squad. Unforunately for him, he seemed blind to them.

I'm devoid of any sympathy for Goodwin. He received an opportunity, albeit undeserved, of making a name for himself at a big, relatively speaking, club in Scotland and it looks like he messed it up by coming across too strong too soon.

You need to earn the right in any workplace to be respected from your actual actions and results not just words. That seems to be particularly necessary in a football dressing room.

If he had built a strong backroom staff with assistants who offered advice and sometimes unwated advive when needed but his main sidekick Sharp looked a timid yes man, if he had stood back and assessed the squad that he was inherting properly, including Scott Brown, before making any decisions on who he wanted to keep and who he didn't, if he had kept the inherited squad happy and gave them a fresh slate so he could push for an early success by getting European football last season before starting the cull then all of these things would've gained him respect and maybe bought him time to settle into the biggest job of his career.

However, he didn't, he wanted to run before he could walk and he wanted to do it all himself.

Therefore, when I saw him shuffle alone across the Easter Road turf and out a side door, I thought it a fitting exit for the man who thought he knew best.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

59 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

It’s shit that it’s another loan, but I really hope this guy can defend. 

Not that it matters a huge amount, but he was the standout young CB in England, datawise, while at Grimbsy.

Hes an absolute unit whos deceptively quick, has plenty of experience of senior football too.

He should be an upgrade on all your CBs defensively.