The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not just a shite manager but also an absolute cunt.

Admittedly I've never met him and clearly don't know him like you do, but what makes him an 'absolute c**t'?

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Never met him personally but he is meant to be a genuinely good guy and down to earth.

Oh. Apparently he's an 'absolute c**t'.

4 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Anyone in their right mind wouldn’t work for that weirdo of a chairman of yours. Laughing stock of Scotland

If the money is good enough they will.

31 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Maureens outnumbering Jambos on an Aberdeen thread is an interesting twist. 

The plan is that if we annoy you enough then the next time anyone at Aberdeen suggests approaching the St Mirren manager with a job offer you will parade them in a cart down Union Steet and burn them at the stake in the Terrace Gardens for being a witch. 

This would achieve two things:

1) The Darvel result would become the second thing that everyone mentioned about Aberdeen.

2) It would help feed the whole 'Wicker Man' vibe that Aberdeen gives off and would therefore be very on brand.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

In most cases "double the salary" comes with "double the pressure".

Loads of people value their lives outside of work more than a high paid job with a huge salary and manage to live a comfortable lifestyle.

Agent Jim was obviously very ambitious. However, it would seem that he's been overly ambitious.

It is amusing to think just how much he's cost you in terms of compensation, salary and signing of completely shit, gutless players.

Mind you he did save a some money offloading one of the decent centre halves that you had. Thanks for that. He's been outstanding all season.:)

The bloke that’s not getting a game you mean?

Him? 

15 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The bloke that’s not getting a game you mean?

Him? 

No, its the bloke who has started 18 out of 22 games this season (only missing the others through injury) and got recalled to the Scotland squad.

51 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Ach, let’s get Durrant in as fitness coach and Hateley in as Striking coach while we’re at it

f**k it, let’s get Donald Findlay in as Legal Director 

Fucking Martindale, f**k off 

And get Phil Borsema in as physio to carry our useless players off the park when they're injured...

I really hope that prick Samson is leaving the club too. I haven't seen any mention of him leaving yet by the club. He was having a laugh and a joke with McGeady at full-time.

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I really hope that prick Samson is leaving the club too. I haven't seen any mention of him leaving yet by the club. He was having a laugh and a joke with McGeady at full-time.

That would be crazy.  What's the point in firing Samson when Jack Ross will just re-hire him next week?

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Genuinely can't understand why you wouldn't go for Martindale. I understand it on an intellectual level , but it's daft.

He's possibly the best manager in the division outside of the uglies.

No chance he would take the job, he has total and full control with us. He negotiates the deals, does the scouting, signs the players. Even then it's nothing more than a sideways move at this point in time, he's said numerous times that he's at Livi until our board say he's not. He doesn't seem interested in moving on, only if it's a life changing move will our board entertain it for his sake

It was interesting watching Cormack speak to the media today.

I don't know what he's like as an owner because I don't follow Aberdeen's fortunes too closely but to have all that money and still be on the verge of tears when his club gets gubbed by us, shows he cares at least.

Does that count for much? I'd love that kind of passion to be shown by our ownership.