The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Feel bad for Jim and his family, but not a lot of sympathy for leaving us when top 6 was very much on, and we were about to face Hearts at Tynecastle in a Scottish Cup quarter final. When the dust settles, he should be most welcome back at our gaff’, as a bona-fide cup winning legend, captain, manager…. But not a lot of sympathy for him and the gig he took. His call though.

Aye cos you wouldn’t move job for double your salary would you?

Get real FFS 😆

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Also about the most authentic interview I’ve seen from cormack tonight too. 

Aye, he was so close to making himself cry but he just isn't American enough to get the over-wrought with emotion over the line.

Instead of the crocodile tears, why doesn't he just find someone who knows how to run a football club and just come over to watch the big games?

CloseGreedyBlackbird-max-1mb.gif.d7acad96848e3bd6580dabb9e2734535.gif

18 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I agree to a point but Ramadani is abysmal and cowardly, whilst Miovski has been posted missing when things started to turn.

The window is away to close which is going to make things impossible for the new man but in the summer I'd been getting both Stewart and Ramadani out of the club.

Watching the highlights Shinnie was an absolute disgrace today also

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Get real FFS 😆

Erm, I understood Jack Ross leaving to triple his wages at a Sunderland team that should have been able to romp back to the Championship, but, and most St Mirren fans said it at the time, I didn’t think Jim made a good move going to Aberdeen. The posts will be there. 
Do you disagree that Jim was on a pretty good thing at St Mirren when he left? We were about as stable a gig as there is in the extremely unstable world of footballl management. We had already went down the road of churning through managers. He was in a great position. Club legend, fans onside, central belt, above Aberdeen - a post Glass Aberdeen that are still a big club, but a bit shite, as has been ably proven this season…. So aye, maybe Jim moved for money, but he has a long life ahead of him and a family. Should have stayed with us, but didn’t. There you go.

16 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Get real FFS 😆

In most cases "double the salary" comes with "double the pressure".

Loads of people value their lives outside of work more than a high paid job with a huge salary and manage to live a comfortable lifestyle.

Agent Jim was obviously very ambitious. However, it would seem that he's been overly ambitious.

It is amusing to think just how much he's cost you in terms of compensation, salary and signing of completely shit, gutless players.

Mind you he did save a some money offloading one of the decent centre halves that you had. Thanks for that. He's been outstanding all season.:)

Edited by FTOF

16 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Get real FFS 😆

I hope he makes his payoff last ,cause his next gig is likely to be a while away. 

No doubt punditry beckons for him.

I felt for Goodwin on a human level today. He is clearly a decent bloke and it should have never come to that after Monday. I am probably a bit soft, but it must have been a horrible experience for him too. I hope he manages to get a break and then the right opportunity comes up for him. I am disappointed that it hasn't worked out for him, and especially disappointed about how it has eventually ended. 

When things get that bad, it is pretty much open season. Gunn was also the target of quite a few chants today, but his role is still a bit ambiguous to me. Should he be in his job? Maybe not. But his title probably opens him up to more opprobrium in these circumstances than is actually warranted in reality. 

15 minutes ago, velo army said:

Genuinely can't understand why you wouldn't go for Martindale. I understand it on an intellectual level , but it's daft.

He's possibly the best manager in the division outside of the uglies.

He's not up against much for that accolade 

9 minutes ago, velo army said:

More than McInnes? You seemed to enjoy him for a bit.

And @Merkland Red, that is a decent point, Martindale would want more control than Cormack would be willing to give. 

He lies the problem. Cormack likes to be in charge and we need a manager who will ruffle feathers right across the club. I worry a yes man will be chosen to fit Cormack’s agenda 

18 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Maureens outnumbering Jambos on an Aberdeen thread is an interesting twist. 

At least the 5-0, 6-0 Who the fcuk are Darvel shitshow that is Aberdeen involves our previous manager. We have an excuse. ☺️