The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The "fun" thing about Goodwin is that he is likely to hit a sweet spot and put in 2 or 3 wins with a couple of creditable draws. Aberdeen are not St Mirren, this isn't a like-for-like situation, but going on his record for us, it was just as his jotters were being written that he'd go on a blazing run. Normally that is accompanied by lots of press speculation, and praise. Interestingly that's pretty much why he's at Aberdeen because, before his win streak that got him noticed by Cormack, he was on thin ice with us.

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t mind folk taking the piss, but can people have some personal pride instead of just going with “something, something sheep”. 

It’s just laziness. 

I genuinely don't think I have laughed at a sheep shagger joke since I was about 14 tbh, playground stuff.

8 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The scurrilous unfounded gossip I heard was that the FMB were set to sack him, but "a player" contacted Cormack and pleaded with him to give JG another chance.

I would expect the FMB to speak to senior players. I would also expect Jonny Hayes to have a big say since he is also a coach.  

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"We at what I'll now refer to as the Tory Party recognise that to dismiss Zahawi would be a lot of hassle, pretty expensive and would amount to an admission that we'd yet again made an arse of the appointment in the first place.  We've therefore decided to keep him. 

However dear gullible punters, lest you turn on us, we also think he's a useless dick, and have told him that to his face.

Thank you."

Poor Dave, poor Rishi. Big decisions.

36 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The scurrilous unfounded gossip I heard was that the FMB were set to sack him, but "a player" contacted Cormack and pleaded with him to give JG another chance.

I’m believing nothing until I hear directly from the FMB hotline.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t mind folk taking the piss, but can people have some personal pride instead of just going with “something, something sheep”. 

It’s just laziness. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I genuinely don't think I have laughed at a sheep shagger joke since I was about 14 tbh, playground stuff.

Baaaaah humbug.

3 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Zoe Ogilvie who is on the actual board is a PR professional, yet evidently Rowies Dave thought best to press ahead with the "footballing monitoring board" chat regardless.

One of the most worrying aspects of this entire shambolic situation is how badly Cormack reacts to any sort of pressure situation - seems to double down and make things worse, which is quite the effort after Monday night. 

It is interesting why crazy Cormack sought to draw a distinction between the regular board and those that made the decision to keep Goodwin in post.

He certainly seemed keen to credit everyone involved in that decision, probably so the blame doesn't just fall on him if it all goes tits up.

The press annoucement was grammatically questionable and worded poorly which gave it an unprofessional feel that looked like something more akin to a  football forum (just in case anyone wants to pull me up about my own grammatical definicies) rather than a well thought out and proof read corporate statement.

It provides insight on the almost amateurish efforts that the current regime is operating under, and  makes me concerned for the future of the club no matter which manager is in charge.

Cormack seems to conduct business on the fly rather than planning anything out, and seems to want to make every decision.

I've no doubt Cormack loves the club; however is self-belief that he knows best seems to override logical decision-making.

He's made a rod for his own back by not sacking the manger for defeat at a junior club in the most attractive competition that we have a just of winning (well theroretically) after such a poor run of form in the league.

Goodwin now has the opportunity to save himself with three seemingly winnable games on the bounce but he must find somehow to make peace with the squad.

If these players don't have any shame about allowing Darvel to turn them over then they won't think twice about allowing the club to drift towards the bottom of the league.

Niall McGinn scored a hat-trick for new club Glentoran on Tuesday evening: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football/northern-ireland/glentoran-ace-niall-mcginn-delighted-with-second-career-hat-trick-4001910

First hat-trick since December 2012 for Aberdeen (vs Dundee). On fire in the Irish League!

What are your favourite memories of him from his time at Aberdeen?

6 minutes ago, JohnnyM said:

Niall McGinn scored a hat-trick for new club Glentoran on Tuesday evening: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football/northern-ireland/glentoran-ace-niall-mcginn-delighted-with-second-career-hat-trick-4001910

First hat-trick since December 2012 for Aberdeen (vs Dundee). On fire in the Irish League!

What are your favourite memories of him from his time at Aberdeen?