The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Oh I don't know. To paraphrase the Simpsons

"Goodwin was allowed to keep his job by the Football Monitoring Board.

We then took him to a better Football Monitoring Board who told him to GTF"

There is only one.  Google doesn't lie

fmb.thumb.png.cb4812d66e234b30183e519016cf1c14.png

3 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

That's an incredible statement 😂

I genuinely can't believe he's survived the results since the World Cup break. They're quite something.

• Abject 0-1 surrender to Celtic
  • Hilarious bed-shitting against Rangers. 2-1 up (at which point I stuck a fiver on Rangers), to shite themselves and lose 3-2
  • An absolute drubbing against St Mirren
  • Losing to fucking Kilmarnock
  • A fairly uninspiring home win vs Saints
  • Losing in marginally less hilariously shit fashion to Rangers
  • An absolute walloping at Hearts
  • Knocked out of the cup by a club who couldn't even get into the Lowland League last season

Holy actual f**k. 

You didn't need to exaggerate on several of those.

The true statements were bad enough.

3 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

That's an incredible statement 😂

I genuinely can't believe he's survived the results since the World Cup break. They're quite something.

• Abject 0-1 surrender to Celtic
  • Hilarious bed-shitting against Rangers. 2-1 up (at which point I stuck a fiver on Rangers), to shite themselves and lose 3-2
  • An absolute drubbing against St Mirren
  • Losing to fucking Kilmarnock
  • A fairly uninspiring home win vs Saints
  • Losing in marginally less hilariously shit fashion to Rangers
  • An absolute walloping at Hearts
  • Knocked out of the cup by a club who couldn't even get into the Lowland League last season

Holy actual f**k. 

Think you missed out a home 0-0 v bottom of the league, but your point still stands 

"We at what I'll now refer to as the FMB recognise that to dismiss Goodwin would be a lot of hassle, pretty expensive and would amount to an admission that we'd yet again made an arse of the appointment in the first place.  We've therefore decided to keep him. 

However dear fans, lest you turn on us, we also think he's a useless dick, and have told him that to his face.

Thank you."

Edited by Monkey Tennis

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Beautifully set up by the Aberdeen board for Saints to empty Goody next midweek. Don't dare think about going there and winning Hibs, this is karma in the making. 

While there should be an element of schadenfreude at the dugs dinner that Aberdeen are making of this for us, Hibs are in "hold my beer" territory with Lee Johnson - so I imagine that Goodwin will be around for your amusement next week...........................

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"We at what I'll now refer to as the FBM recognise that to dismiss Goodwin would be a lot of hassle, pretty expensive and would amount to an admission that we'd yet again made an arse of the appointment in the first place.  We've therefore decided to keep him. 

However dear fans, lest you turn on us, we also think he's a useless dick, and have told him that to his face.

Thank you."

*FMB

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"We at what I'll now refer to as the FBM recognise that to dismiss Goodwin would be a lot of hassle, pretty expensive and would amount to an admission that we'd yet again made an arse of the appointment in the first place.  We've therefore decided to keep him. 

Thank you."

Cheers monkey, that actually made me laugh this morning. Even if it’s because it’s scarily accurate. 

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

What a bonkers thing to come out with.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘football monitoring board’ had no prior knowledge of their existence the statement content.

Maybe they all agreed they couldn’t afford to pay him off/ no replacements they wanted were available/ genuinely want to give him more time to turn it around, and Dave says “ok lads leave it to me, I’ll put out a statement”

It definitely reeks of someone who doesn’t really know what he’s doing trying to placate the fans by pointing at the manager and announcing “he’s been shite” without realising he’s made matters worse for the manager and the support.

There.

Looking in from the outside, this is very much a businessman in a fitba environment.

That statement screeches, 'I've nobody to take your job just now' 'Yer here, unfortunately,  until I agree terms with someone else'. 

He 'Cormack' is going to have him cleaning the toilets, nothing against folk how clean toilets for a living.

19 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Looking in from the outside, this is very much a businessman in a fitba environment.

That statement screeches, 'I've nobody to take your job just now' 'Yer here, unfortunately,  until I agree terms with someone else'. 

He 'Cormack' is going to have him cleaning the toilets, nothing against folk how clean toilets for a living.

If that actually happened, he’d be cleaning the toilets from Love Street, as Aberdeen bought our stainless steel urinals when we moved stadiums.

Funny old world, etc.

Zoe Ogilvie who is on the actual board is a PR professional, yet evidently Rowies Dave thought best to press ahead with the "footballing monitoring board" chat regardless.

One of the most worrying aspects of this entire shambolic situation is how badly Cormack reacts to any sort of pressure situation - seems to double down and make things worse, which is quite the effort after Monday night.