The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Wow.

You sometimes have to wonder how so many people at the top of football clubs can be so out of touch with reality.

A fucking bin fire of a statement that will only make themselves look stupid if/when they inevitably have to punt him in the near future.

Cynically, I wonder if Jim would be owed a very hefty payoff if sacked and they're trying to get him to resign without having to pay it. Only logical explanation for me.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The only thing I would disagree with you is what you say about the transfer window. It’s almost certain that any new manager would not have been in place before next Tuesday, so any signings would/will be made by the “football department” regardless.

Agreed the window is bad either way but I think they’ve made it worse. 

Would anyone seriously want to join this week? We’ve just publicly stated the manager will likely be sacked if we don’t win. And even if we do, you still wouldn’t sign on the Monday because one win doesn’t save him. It just delays it. 

If we’d sacked him you can at least talk to a player about a vision and a plan. With this we look like a complete mess. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Totally appreciate why the Dons fans are so angry. It’s simply delaying the inevitable. Once the fans turn there is no coming back.

Tbf about 99.9999 % of Hearts fans wanted Neilson gone after Brora, myself included and he's now turned that round almost completely.

But aye, hard road back and not helped bythat mental statement

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I find it amusing that Willie Garner is on a Football Monitoring board if only for the fact that if such a thing had existed in the East Juniors Willie Garner would have less managerial jobs on his CV

56 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Credit to Willie Garner btw.

Last played for Dons over 40yrs ago... managed Craigroyston, Newtongrange, Harthill, Glenrothes, Tayport and Ballingry (folded 2014)... yet now the experience on "a Premiership football monitoring board"...

Disappointed to see the indefinite article.  There is only one Football Monitoring Board...

Edited by The_Kincardine

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

Cormack biding his time to get his coaching badges then take the job himself.

He's probably taken a few tips from Darvel to cut costs on the new stadium...

What a bonkers thing to come out with.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘football monitoring board’ had no prior knowledge of the statement content.

Maybe they all agreed they couldn’t afford to pay him off/ no replacements they wanted were available/ genuinely want to give him more time to turn it around, and Dave says “ok lads leave it to me, I’ll put out a statement”

It definitely reeks of someone who doesn’t really know what he’s doing trying to placate the fans by pointing at the manager and announcing “he’s been shite” without realising he’s made matters worse for the manager and the support.

33 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Tbf about 99.9999 % of Hearts fans wanted Neilson gone after Brora, myself included and he's now turned that round almost completely.

But aye, hard road back and not helped bythat mental statement

Yeah that’s fair. He seems to be the exception to the rule which doesn’t happen often.

Although I’d imagine when teams go through a catastrophic result or period, even if the manager does turn it round, whenever the next lean period arrives I suspect they’ll have less credit in the bank or patience from the fans.

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Disappointed to see the indefinite article.  There is only one Football Monitoring Board...

Oh I don't know. To paraphrase the Simpsons

"Goodwin was allowed to keep his job by the Football Monitoring Board.

We then took him to a better Football Monitoring Board who told him to GTF"

That's an incredible statement 😂

I genuinely can't believe he's survived the results since the World Cup break. They're quite something.

• Abject 0-1 surrender to Celtic
  • Hilarious bed-shitting against Rangers. 2-1 up (at which point I stuck a fiver on Rangers), to shite themselves and lose 3-2
  • An absolute drubbing against St Mirren
  • Losing to fucking Kilmarnock
  • A fairly uninspiring home win vs Saints
  • Losing in marginally less hilariously shit fashion to Rangers
  • An absolute walloping at Hearts
  • Knocked out of the cup by a club who couldn't even get into the Lowland League last season

Holy actual f**k.