The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

“We all recognise that Monday’s disastrous result in the Scottish Cup was totally unacceptable. It added insult to injury after such a poor result against Hearts, following what was a strong performance in the semi-final against Rangers at Hampden.

“The football monitoring board, comprising Stewart Milne, Willie Garner, Steven Gunn and me, have now had a full and frank meeting with Jim. It wasn’t an easy conversation, but necessary after the overall poor results since the World Cup break.

“From our wider discussions over the last two days, we believe that the senior players and the squad are behind the manager. Combined with our discussions at today’s meeting, Jim will be in the dug-out on Saturday. However, to be clear, Jim has been left in no doubt that the Board and the fans are seeking an immediate response from him and the players.”

I don't really know what to make of that, to be honest.

Might be an inspired move.

Might be the start of a total implosion.

Who knows.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Well, if nothing else, it lays to bed the idea that he makes decisions based on what he reads on Twitter. 

I saw quite a few tweets saying "Goodwin must stay"

Not from Dons' fans right enough, but still...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs v Aberdeen potentially the first game ever where every goal scored is only cheered by opposition fans.

On the basis that we wont have any strikers, and both CHs may be away/injured, I would place decent money on the only goals being in favour of Aberdeen.

Edited by Leith Green