The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When was the offside decision given? 

Who is to say that Darvel wouldn't have scored again, or that the would have went to penalties?

It was after about 70 minutes.

Obviously we'll never know any of the above - but (see earlier conversation) an equally brutal 1-1 90 minute draw at part-time Annan in the LC ended up being a 4-1 win in ET and a run to the semis/ credible performance etc.

That goal not standing has likely completely changed the narrative in terms of the historical significance/ UK media being involved etc, albeit Goodwin was a dead man walking anyway. I do feel the 'lost the dressing room' cliche is applicable here.  Thraaan we call his type in the NE, and to make Shinnie an early victim of that (if the social media suggestions are true), just screams 'pay me off now Cormack'.

Edited by tarapoa

The whistle went before the cut back was played, the 3 defenders and goalkeeper all came to a stand still instead of trying to clear/save it. There were no celebrations while everyone thought there was a goal that the referee disallowed afterwards. Stop calling it a disallowed goal.

PTTGOYN for this pish, I know.

33 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

The whistle went before the cut back was played, the 3 defenders and goalkeeper all came to a stand still instead of trying to clear/save it. There were no celebrations while everyone thought there was a goal that the referee disallowed afterwards. Stop calling it a disallowed goal.

PTTGOYN for this pish, I know.

Agree. It's similar to when when a striker is put through and is flagged offside but he rolls it in to the net anyway, even after the keeper has stopped.

It wasn't a disallowed goal.

No suprise that Goodwin is sitting tight. Apart from personal pride of being sacked what's he going to lose? He will get his contract paid up and not have to commute. Pretty dandy if you ask me!

Your squad has a lot to answer for though. I've watched a few Dons games online this season and they really are a woeful gang. 

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No suprise that Goodwin is sitting tight. Apart from personal pride of being sacked what's he going to lose? He will get his contract paid up and not have to commute. Pretty dandy if you ask me!

Your squad has a lot to answer for though. I've watched a few Dons games online this season and they really are a woeful gang. 

They looked worse than apathetic on Monday night.

The longer this is taking the more dread I have that they're going to back him.

Would have to imagine the atmosphere would be extremely poisonous for the next few games if that happened. Really would be a waste of time I think, similar to McGhee hanging on after the 9-0.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Would have to imagine the atmosphere would be extremely poisonous for the next few games if that happened. Really would be a waste of time I think, similar to McGhee hanging on after the 9-0.

Nah, he’s gone 

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

There's a story doing the rounds in the weegie press that Aberdeen should look to the example of Ann Budge sticking by Neilson after they got pumped out the cup by Brora.  To be fair she was never trigger happy to bullet managers the way Dave Cormack and Ron Gordon have been.

3 minutes ago, AndyM said:

There's a story doing the rounds in the weegie press that Aberdeen should look to the example of Ann Budge sticking by Neilson after they got pumped out the cup by Brora.  To be fair she was never trigger happy to bullet managers the way Dave Cormack and Ron Gordon have been.

True but as bad as the Brora result was for Hearts they still had the fairly easily achievable goal of promotion to tide them over that season and make up for it to an extent. If Darvel was a blip and Aberdeen had been still doing reasonably well in the league I'm sure it would be a different story.

I have been actively following The Dons since the late 70s and am trying to remember feeling this low about the team. 

I know I felt gutted after losing the league cup replay to Utd in 79 as we had beaten both of the Old Firm en route and was sure this would be the first trophy I would see us win. (I was too young to fully remember 76).

Then when Hamburg put us out of Europe after we had destroyed them in the first leg I remember the ribbing I got at school the next day. 

At least in those days I felt that the team had done their best and we still went into a season expecting to win something and regularly beat Glasgows finest home and away.

I was overseas when Stenny beat us but we had beaten Rangers the previous week so felt that was just a freak result. 

Watching the game on Monday night was embarrassing, the team was second best in nearly every department on the pitch. No one seemed to be showing any leadership.

Every player should hang their heads low and be made to apologise to the fans for such a performance. 

Find it pretty incredible in this day and age that Aberdeen have sacked their manager but haven’t announced it via social media or a statement. What generation is the club living in? The 80s perhaps? 

Maybe they’ve faxed a press release to News Corp or something similar, even sent an old fashioned letter.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Find it pretty incredible in this day and age that Aberdeen have sacked their manager but haven’t announced it via social media or a statement. What generation is the club living in? The 80s perhaps? 

Maybe they’ve faxed a press release to News Corp or something similar, even sent an old fashioned letter.

I bet you can't wait for the 80s technology to hit Kilmarnock. Just imagine!