The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

One League Cup in around 20 years for a Major Scottish team is significant, so that defeat last night was inevitable.

I've no idea what this means but it's a fun thread.

I'm also enjoying Wastecoatwillie's work on here.  His versatility is to be admired.  He can produce absolute nonsense on any topic.  

46 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've no idea what this means but it's a fun thread.

I'm also enjoying Wastecoatwillie's work on here.  His versatility is to be admired.  He can produce absolute nonsense on any topic.  

It's right up there with your budget mince monkey and Equality mince.  

Are Darvel better than Annan?  Aside from last night, given what they did to the Links Park Dynamo in the previous round, then there must be a fair argument they are.

I still rank those 90 minutes at Annan as perhaps the most staggeringly lamentable performance ever witnessed by an AFC team. Serious alarm bells were ringing, despite the early season bow wave of optimism in those sunny days back in August.

Yes, it was all fine in ET and may have been last night but for the linesman - but having witnessed what I was able to see at Annan (Shayden et al), then last night really doesn’t have the feeling of being off the Richter scale in “shocks”

…….and in some ways that’s a sad indictment. 70 minutes a goal behind and only 56% possession. Not great data Dave.

Edited by tarapoa

32 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Are Darvel better than Annan?  Aside from last night, given what they did to the Links Park Dynamo in the previous round, then there must be a fair argument they are.

I still rank those 90 minutes at Annan as perhaps the most staggeringly lamentable performance ever witnessed by an AFC team. Serious alarm bells were ringing, despite the early season bow wave of optimism in those sunny days back in August.

Yes, it was all fine in ET and may have been last night but for the linesman - but having witnessed what I was able to see at Annan (Shayden et al), then last night really doesn’t have the feeling of being off the Richter scale in “shocks”

…….and in some ways that’s a sad indictment. 70 minutes a goal behind and only 56% possession. Not great data Dave.

Darvel are absolutely better than Annan. Since Annan have entered the leagues, they have brought virtually nothing to them apart from a decent wee social club at the ground. Darvel are more on the Kelty, potentially Cove trajectory at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Darvel are absolutely better than Annan. Since Annan have entered the leagues, they have brought virtually nothing to them apart from a decent wee social club at the ground. Darvel are more on the Kelty, potentially Cove trajectory at the moment. 

What exactly would you wish to see a club like Annan bringing to the leagues? 

22 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

What do they need to bring exactly? Annan are where they are on merit and are worth their place in the leagues at least as much as any of the three Gretna’s you’ve mentioned.