The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea why fans think a manager will resign. Why would you resign and wave bye bye to a significant cash payment? Never going to happen.

I take your point, after all it's a matter of money over principles, and in the current financial climate I don't blame anyone adhering to a contract they signed.

That said, Goodwin has always leaned into the "doing the right thing" mantra, and considering how comprehensively Darvel dealt with you lot last night, anyone with principle would have resigned on the spot, irrespective of financial implication.

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

…..Why he didn’t stay with us and rule himself out of the Aberdeen job (at the time) is anyone’s guess…..

He told us why he left - he said managing Aberdeen FC was his dream job.  Although for a man whose   footballing heart lies in the east end of Glasgow, that might have been a bit of a stretch. 

Could it be he left because the run we were on made him extremely marketable (to the likes of Cormack) and he saw this as a great opportunity to treble/quadruple his salary?

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Incredible that Dave is on the fence about this going by reports 

Why delay the inevitable?

”Crisis talks with senior stars” does not represent a situation that’s in anyway salvageable 

Probably trying to book himself a spot on BBC Sportsound for another unhinged rant.

12 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

”Crisis talks with senior stars” does not represent a situation that’s in anyway salvageable 

Has to be because of the window shutting and not being able to get someone in quickly surely?

Delaying the inevitable though, can't see any way back for him now. Bad timing for the window or not dithering over it does not reflect well on Cormack or the board.

12 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Can they afford another big pay off after Glass ?

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Has to be because of the window shutting and not being able to get someone in quickly surely?

Delaying the inevitable though, can't see any way back for him now. Bad timing for the window or not dithering over it does not reflect well on Cormack or the board.

He could miraculously finish third by a huge margin and everyone would still want him gone.

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

@Ludo*1 remove finger from arsehole please.

Then wash his hands before typing the post, hopefully.

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Yes, absolutely

Don't think this has anything to do with cash. I imagine it is more a panic about no outstanding candidate to replace him being obvious.

There was no outstanding candidate to replace Glass but we did it anyway. 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

I may be in the minority in here but Goodwin should keep his job,for me he should be judged on his league position not one game in the cup.

You're in a minority of one. A situation you should be used to.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

That would probably be the "gallant" thing to do, but he'll be on a contract (I've no idea what remaining length of contract) and so it would probably be financial folly for him to resign of his own choice.  So no doubt he'll wait until he's pushed out by the club.

18 months left on his deal. There’s no way he’ll walk away from a significant six figure sum just to save face. He won’t earn a wage like he’s on now again in his career.