The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My ticket came yesterday, so it’s happening for me.

You're a great supporter, Joey. I'm not so sure, even if I still lived in Aberdeen and my health was up to it I'd be attending as many games as you, maybe not even at Pittodrie.

11 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

So our Del Boy even beats Sir Fergie! Signs he’s beginning to get on top of the job at Killie too. 

Well they won the same amount of League Cups, I suppose 

I think Fergie just still has a slight edge over Del on account of the 3 league titles, 4 Scottish Cups and 2 European trophies 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're a great supporter, Joey. I'm not so sure, even if I still lived in Aberdeen and my health was up to it I'd be attending as many games as you, maybe not even at Pittodrie.

I think it’s called habit, JG, that and an understanding wife.

When we had time to appoint a manager through a proper prawcess - we got Glass. The prawcess by all accounts was a sham.

Then when we had another chance to get it right he rushes off to pay(!!) for Goodwin. 

Dread to think who could possibly be in his mind for next. But it feels like we’ll be onto a 3rd manager in 3 years! For me that is worrying and think we’ll be no better off this time next season…

Look on the bright side lads, this thread is now at a point where you can look at the page count at the top or bottom, and pass some time playing a game, try to guess who was Aberdeen boss in each of the years. Silver cloud and all that. 

From a 4-0 gubbee to my fellow 5-0 gubbees. I stand beside you today and share your sorrow. 🙃

Edited by pozbaird

9 minutes ago, kent_don said:

When we had time to appoint a manager through a proper prawcess - we got Glass. The prawcess by all accounts was a sham.

Then when we had another chance to get it right he rushes off to pay(!!) for Goodwin. 

Dread to think who could possibly be in his mind for next. But it feels like we’ll be onto a 3rd manager in 3 years! For me that is worrying and think we’ll be no better off this time next season…

Cormack is quite clearly a sandwich short of a picnic.

It's like having Ronald Reagan in charge of the nuclear button.

Unfortunately, the way the club is structured, we aren't able to wrestle control or decisions away from Cormack.

So he needs to arrive at that decision himself. Stay in the background and just talk about the pie-in-the-sky stuff like the new stadium every six or twelve months. Stay off social media and generally shut up.

Employ someone, an experienced 'football man' to take charge of footballing operations. The boy with big remit currently in charge of footballing operations isn't equipped or qualified for the post.

Whoever he employs to identify the new manager, give him time to find the right man. Don't be frightened if the new man wants a bit more control of all footballing operations. In fact, make that one of the conditions for the new manager, that he's had experience of overseeing footballing operations not just coaching the players.

The young or inexperienced coach (at least the ones he identifies) isn't working.

In the meantime, find a temporary, experienced safe pair of hands to guide as through these stormy waters.

29 minutes ago, kent_don said:

+1 for fearing we'll get into a cycle of changing manager every year. Hasn't done teams like Hibs any favours.

I feel like we're a solid CB away from being decent, barring injuries. We have a good midfield and attackers. But JG has to learn from mistakes, or nothing will improve.
Not settling on a formation or system, not using the squad available to him and sticking with favourites no matter what. Not realising that fullbacks have to know how to defend, playing midfielders and wingers in defence won't work. And most obviously, don't just have 2 CBs in the squad (1 of whom isn't our player).

I'm not quite 'Goodwin out' yet but he needs to keep us 4th/5th at minimum and have zero f**k ups for the rest of the season to earn another summer window.

I’m certainly if the opinion that cormack is passionate about the club, knows about business but knows little to nothing about how to operate a football department. 

He should have someone he trusts with experience to be selecting a new manager - if Stephen Gunn is that man then whatever but I have my doubts. 

45 minutes ago, kent_don said:

We have had 3 in 12 months so don't worry about it...

10 hours ago, Jute said:

He’s not. 

I'm not saying Roos is perfect by any means, but he is comfortably our best goalkeeper. I like Joe, but I'm struggling to recall a single time last night that he picked out a white jersey with a kick. If we have three months of that, his distribution is fast going to become a big issue for us, especially with how Goodwin wants us to play. Roos is a better shot-stopper too. 

2 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

So our Del Boy even beats Sir Fergie! Signs he’s beginning to get on top of the job at Killie too. 

Del knows how to grind out results, and his preferred tactics were often much more suited to playing away from home  (which in some ways surprises me that Kilmarnock seem much better at home this season).

The style we're playing under Goodwin has generally served us really well at Pittodrie - but his downfall will be not recognising that it clearly doesn't work away from home, and persisting with the same tactics and not bolstering the squad in the right areas to cope with weaknesses that are obvious even to Stevie Wonder.

If anything him (and Gunn's) positions should be under threat due to Einstein's 'definition of insanity' logic being applied over what's becoming a large sample size.

Edited by tarapoa

43 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Rumours that he's gone by the end of today, Robson in as interim manager.

I have my doubts.

I have seen a few shouts for Robson to take the job until the end of the season, but I don't know what they are based on other than him being passionate. 

19 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Del knows how to grind out results, and his preferred tactics were often much more suited to playing away from home  (which in some ways surprises me that Kilmarnock seem much better at home this season).

The style we're playing under Goodwin has generally served us really well at Pittodrie - but his downfall will be not recognising that it clearly doesn't work away from home, and persisting with the same tactics and not bolstering the squad in the right areas to cope with weaknesses that are obvious even to Stevie Wonder.

If anything him (and Gunn's) positions should be under threat due to Einstein's 'definition of insanity' logic being applied over what's becoming a large sample size.

With all respect to Killie, teams think they can go there and win. McInnes is better when he can counter attack. 

Same happened his first year with us.