The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

38 minutes ago, betting competition said:

McKenzie had a fine game at centre-back against Celtic and I think Shinnie can also play there. We might have a new signing coming in. 

Shinnie has never played centre back.

Nor should he. 

Keep him alongside Ramadani. 

I’m hoping we get a first pick centre half. 
Mote likely it’ll just be a loan that’ll get splinters on his arse unless Stewart & Scales are unavailable 

27 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Surprised to see Goodwin calling out Stewart there. 

Said he's no complaints with the red and doesn't think Stewart needed to make the tackle. I was expecting the Arsene Wenger defence.

It's hardly calling him out? He was right in what he said. It was sheer stupidity. 2 game automatic ban and maybe a 3rd coming as that's his 2nd red card this season? 

Goodwin says he needs to speed up getting another centre half in. I'd hsve thought with only 2 centre backs in the building anyway it should be already in full speed. We've now only 1. 

I'd personally be hoping for at least 2 defenders. Goodwin did indicate there may be more comings and goings. Ramirez i think we all know will be one of them going out. 

But on todays game, why didn't he make more changes? Besuijen and Myslovic left on the bench? He'd only used r subs when you can use 5 and an additional one for ET. We'd have been aswell going all out and losing another goal than staying as we were. 

31 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Surprised to see Goodwin calling out Stewart there. 

Said he's no complaints with the red and doesn't think Stewart needed to make the tackle. I was expecting the Arsene Wenger defence.

Just glad someones finally calling out how dirty and reckless Stewart is.  The ultimate clogger ;) 

6 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

It's hardly calling him out? He was right in what he said. It was sheer stupidity. 2 game automatic ban and maybe a 3rd coming as that's his 2nd red card this season? 

Goodwin says he needs to speed up getting another centre half in. I'd hsve thought with only 2 centre backs in the building anyway it should be already in full speed. We've now only 1. 

I'd personally be hoping for at least 2 defenders. Goodwin did indicate there may be more comings and goings. Ramirez i think we all know will be one of them going out. 

But on todays game, why didn't he make more changes? Besuijen and Myslovic left on the bench? He'd only used r subs when you can use 5 and an additional one for ET. We'd have been aswell going all out and losing another goal than staying as we were. 

Sportsound were certain he was going to defend him, actually.

Crazy game to stick Myslovic on. 

Going all out was not the way to go. We almost sneaked an equaliser at the end.

29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Sportsound were certain he was going to defend him, actually.

Crazy game to stick Myslovic on. 

Going all out was not the way to go. We almost sneaked an equaliser at the end.

But we didn't. And we're out. Kennedy had f**k all left in the tank in extra time so we should have subbed him off. Thought it was his best game for us actually. 

3 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

But we didn't. And we're out. Kennedy had f**k all left in the tank in extra time so we should have subbed him off. Thought it was his best game for us actually. 

So what if we'd went all out and lost by four or five? Soul destroying.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

We wouldn't have lost by 4 or 5. And anyway it's a cup game. I'm a firm believer that in ET especially when a goal behind and a man down then go for it. It's not a league game and there's no GD to worry about. Would the players lose confidence in losing an additional goal from a breakaway after going all out for an equaliser? I don't think so. Think they'd hold their heads up and say we gave it a proper go at the end. Stick Besuijen on for the last 10-15 mins even. Get a creative player in Myslovic on who's got form for scoring from distance. You never know. And now we'll never know. I can't fault the players efforts. Just wish the manager had been a bit braver. 

52 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I wouldn’t have gone all out but I’d have liked us to be set up slightly differently. 

I thought chucking Ramirez up there by himself trying to get on the end of rare balls from Kennedy and Hayes was never going to get us back in the game. A watkins or vinny to play closer to Ramirez instead of Barron would have helped for me. 

I thought the set up with ten men was fine. We were clearly knackered, but needed to strike the balance between staying in the game and still carrying a threat. We were in the game until the final kick, and on another day we get an equaliser out of either the Scales or Coulson chances. I can't really fault Goodwin today - he got it pretty much spot on IMO. 

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I wouldn’t have gone all out but I’d have liked us to be set up slightly differently. 

I thought chucking Ramirez up there by himself trying to get on the end of rare balls from Kennedy and Hayes was never going to get us back in the game. A watkins or vinny to play closer to Ramirez instead of Barron would have helped for me. 

Would agree if we weren't down to 10.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Would agree if we weren't down to 10.

Funnily enough I was annoyed we brought on Barron and not someone more attacking when clarkson got injured for those very reasons.

I still think we could’ve been a bit bolder in extra time, that first period was a training match for rangers after they scored. I’d have got Watkins on at half time. 

The time to have gone for it was in injury time in normal time. We were never realistically going to win it in extra time or even get to pens so should have bunged Duncan or Vinny on and went for broke.

Its those fine margins that define managers and how successful they become